Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

He looks kind of like Fatbot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Akinator, the 20 questions game, got linked in the CAD thread and playing I discovered that he knew Boxbot but not Robox. Just terrible. I had to teach him.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Coyote is going to die and resurrect. Just to gently caress with people.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I love the stylized Coyote in these myth sort of things :3:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Insane Totoro posted:

There needs to be a "random Gunnerkrigg page" button so that I can waste more time at work.

But you'd only hit it once, then read forward from there.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

I'LL TELL YOU HOW I BIN! I BIN JUNK!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Male Man posted:

It's not exactly what you're asking, but some anonymous My Little Ponies fan or collection of fans spent hundreds of dollars forcing MLP avatars onto TFR posters. It's oddly colorful in there.

Yeah it's an interesting thing that happens sometimes.

For a while every single remotely regular poster in the cigar and pipes thread had my lil' parrotfrog. The entire thread was confusing and there was an adorable parrotfrog line dance going on.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Waffnuffly posted:

All of the above.

...Still trying to picture this.

Well THAT sure is interesting! Tell me: can robots use touchscreens? THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT.

Man they sell gloves that work with those, can't be too hard to put the same crap under a robot's skin.

The gloves also cost a lot so I didn't get them but I thought their existence was neat.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Esme posted:

Coyote's whole deal reminds me of the themes that Neil Gaiman uses in American Gods and Anansi Boys. I like it, and I hope we learn more about it in time.

He does seem have that whole deal of being extremely powerful in some weird way that depends on the stories people tell about him goin' on.

Man those were both fun books.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Tollymain posted:

So there is a webcomic poll going around, and I thought I'd participate. When I looked at the results afterwards, I found that Gunnerkrigg is currently trailing behind Looking For Group and Goblins. This just won't do.

Oh for fucks sake that poll. XKCD is second place? Anyone at all voted for Pibgorn?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Wrist Watch posted:

:stare:
How does a company place a book at that high a value?

Apparently some sellers have a thing that's set to determine the price automatically based on what the other sellers are using. This can and has resulted in hilarious feedback loops that just keep raising the price until someone notices and stops it.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I just realized I never gave Gunnerkrigg an Adblock whitelisting :ohdear: I'm sorry Tom! I just fixed it!

...and also apparently just accidentally made my girlfriend start reading it. She has stuff to do next week dammit I'm a bad boyfriend :saddowns:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I donated money! It's not a lot cause I'm a nearly broke college student but it's enough to stave off starvation for a bit. :toot:

e: I didn't get any wallpapers though how do I get my wallpapers :saddowns:

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Mar 20, 2012

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Elysiume posted:

Did you hit the donate button under the wallpaper? You could try messaging Tea-san.

I did, it says reference:wallpapers on the donation stuff but nothing wallpapery happened.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah Coyote not being a liar and being incapable of lying are different things.

Though all we really know about him is that he is always Up To Something.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

So very tempting.

The Avatar Fairy has struck again. :tinfoil:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Bremen posted:

I'm not sure it was necessarily an etheric rocket; it looks a lot like an alcubierre drive might look.

Well, etheric means would be a decently handwavey thing to provide the energy for that.

However, Kat was able to make anti-gravity in complete ignorance of etheric means being A Thing so who knows!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

"That's it?" also applies really well to half the things you can do with a telescope :v:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

AlexG posted:

I'm going to throw another dart at the dartboard and guess it has something to do with the tic-toc birds.

Oh my god oh my god oh my god. :allears:

...Mondaaaaay :f5:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Phy posted:

Eglamore is that guy.

Look! Eglamore! It's that guy you are!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

idonotlikepeas posted:

EglamoreJimmy Jims subscribes to the Jotaro Kujo school of posture.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

My girlfriend got me the Coyote shirt for my birthday :3:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I guess Annie grew on him? Once he got past the whole HUMANS RARR thing (because Coyote told him to :v: ) and he actually interacted with her.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Nah he actually just figured out eye lasers and is calling Annie so he can brag about his awesome new eye lasers.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Conot posted:

Trickster does not mean harmless! Loki, the trickster god of the Nordic pantheon, at various times took body parts from others in his jokes, including Odin's eye.

A better example of Loki's dickish tricks is the story him tricking blind Hoor into killing his brother Baldr with a mistletoe dart just because mistletoe was the one thing Frigg hadn't received an oath to not harm Baldr from.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Unfortunately for Annie, Coyote has many secrets, all of them great.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

He's actually a girl.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Because the point of having a humanoid robot or equivalent in a story is to explore what does and doesn't define humanity, and also why on Earth would you program a machine to feel emotions other than 'desire to work harder' and maybe 'job satisfaction'

The biggest reason is just to answer whether or not you can do it.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Ursine Asylum posted:

Given that it seems pretty apparently that Gunnerkrigg is a place where she doesn't have to swap identities constantly, I don't think this is at all what's going on there. I also kind of doubt it was what was going on before, but v:shobon:v

jesus christ where did this come from :psyduck:

Hard to say, especially because he's actually pretty busy healing from a pretty nasty gash to the hand from some glass! (And making good on his absurdly large number of Kickstarter incentives.)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Tupperwarez posted:

Now I want a sketch of Kat adopting a new dance-based security protocol for her lab.

Also, Boxbot yelling "RAP MUSIC, MY DROOGS!" and faceplanting into a wall.

Edit:
"Annie, you can't put this many sultanas in spotted dick! It's just daft!"
"That amount of sultanas is like my emotions right now... Hella crazy."

Said faceplant would actually be a slow wheeling towards and then having a gear failure.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Dodgeball posted:

In that case, I think Annie has a problem:

What's in this?

A HUNDRED CUPS OF COFFEE!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Oh no my gang tag :ohdear:

CURSE YOU AVATAR FAIRY :argh:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Dear Avatar Fairy:

I am still getting weirded out every time I see one of my posts and I miss my parrotfrog and :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah it's pretty much just sudden avatar change disorder, I had the parrotfrog for a few years. I'll get used to this eventually :v: