Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Judging by this wednesday's comic, we're seeing the penultimate moments of Jeanne's life - right now I'm wondering what exactly the Elf guy will do when he sees her death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Since we're on the second page, can we stop using spoiler tags?

Sure.

I actually did think they were going to hit her instead of him, so I guess I'm dumb.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Fecha posted:

Off the top of my head I'd pick the medium training one. Sure it's not very action-y, but I like the interaction of the characters and the little mysteries that pop up.

Yeah, I like the other medium candidates and the medium group's interaction with Mort.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Honestly right now the only thing I'm wondering is why Jeanne is the "sacrifice" when the other dude got shot. That page really had me convinced the arrow was intended for her. Presumably they kill her too, in some manner.

I'm not sure you can make a conclusive statement about the angle the arrow was fired at. In any case they're already talking like Jeanne is dead.

There's definitely no arrow in the corpse so presumably Jeanne wasn't shot.

Maybe we'll know in 9 hours.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Rereading the old pages has really got me wondering exactly what went on when Reynardine entered the stuffed dog. It sure looked like he was going for Annie, but given how he adores Surma killing her daughter seems a bit off. However, if he was actually going for the dog toy, he wouldn't have reacted so strongly to Jim knocking her out of the way...

Unless what he was actually so concerned about was realizing the dog would trap him clearly for the first time. If we assume that the actual sequence is: attempts to get in dog, Annie is knocked out of the way, he realizes he'd be forced to serve Annie, then it makes a bit more sense.

It still doesn't quite feel like it fits, visual-composition-wise, but that may just be trying to throw us.

Or I'm just crazy.

wdarkk fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Sep 30, 2010

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Sure seems like 'waiting' to me.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Mr. Heliotrope posted:

Plus he didn't really know her then, so he wouldn't have had too much of a problem with that.

Yeah he did, they had the conversation on the rooftop before.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Another random theory: someone mentioned that there wasn't an "order" deity to serve as a mirror to Coyote. I'm going to postulate that the mechanical birds either were made by or are collectively said deity. If you believe Ms Donlan, the court doesn't know anything about them and have NEVER been able to catch one.

Plus a whole bunch saved Annie, which means either they're really nice or they consider her important.

EDIT: More support

wdarkk fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 7, 2010

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Micgael posted:

I just assumed the tic tocs were tied to whoever Mr. Donlan was talking about here: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=401

Huh, I always thought it was "You could always ask ... Annie to let you tag along." However, the way she's holding the eye makes it seem important.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Maybe the Court just has lovely cel phone reception (due to all those electrical experiments) and metered internet (I'm pretty sure this is more common in the UK).

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

idonotlikepeas posted:

I was interested to see Coyote's binding disappear. I suppose it's less of an issue now since Coyote has control over Annie's visits (whereas he presumably didn't want to be following her around everywhere while she was living in the forest for months).

Yeah, when I first saw it I wondered if it was just becoming invisible but on closer examination it definitely seemed to be breaking up.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I always pictured sentient robots at being really glad to do what they were designed to do.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

If they're all dead, how'd they clap when the drama thing went on?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Presumably male fae become girls too then.

It seems kind of weird, but not in a way that I'd bother to debate.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Huh, now that I think about it, I'm wondering if this is Shadow 2's origin story. Especially panel 4.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Some satellites have moving parts inside them.

1stGear posted:

Yeah, you really need to bear with the early chapters. The art will get fantastic and the writing will become excellent, but it had some growing pains to go through first. You will not regret sticking with it.

I had to badger that jabroni so much.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Olivia42 posted:

I do love a good demonstration of the techno-fantasy gizmos that could only exist in a genre such as this. It almost quells the impatience of wanting to know the content of Anthony's message. Almost.

You know that there's someone at the court who has a spell that makes bosses drop the loot they want.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Got myself an avatar too.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Shugojin posted:

I just realized I never gave Gunnerkrigg an Adblock whitelisting :ohdear: I'm sorry Tom! I just fixed it!

My adblock doesn't obey whitelisting for some reason. I have no idea why. I hit the hotkey to whitelist on gunnerkrigg.com and accepted, but no ads.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Cabbit posted:

I dunno, I think if Annie's mind wanted to pick something that represented the court it'd probably be Kat.

I'd expect Jimmy Jims myself.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Are those available in 2560x1440?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Wasn't jones a kid for that group picture?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Numero6 posted:

Jones seemed to slump from a whealty person to a worker in an factory. Something probably happened inbetween.

I kind of think that she's more emotional than she seems but she's hindered by her perpetual stone face.

Well, it says that she loses everything. So there's no "inbetween", we're seeing it happen here.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I assumed it was "has a daughter without ever being married".

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

So do shadow-people have genders? Do robots? If neither have a gender, does that count as a same-gender relationship?

Also :3: dawwww.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I'm assuming it's a coyote prank, and she's pranking him in her capacity as Coyote's the forest's medium.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I like the "Robot Voice Comics" logo.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Dammit I haven't been able to read the comic all day.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Air is lava! posted:

No she hasn't. When they had this cyber simulation of the founding of the court, they clearly told Annie, that no one knows what the seed Bismuth looks like.
So if this moth is legit, there was never anyone from the court who met it who lived to tell the tale.

Well, except the founders. Who are, well, dicks.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Explosions are the universal language Annie. You know what to do.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

One thing I noticed is that the way Annie and Kat look up, the symbols are visible to them as well.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Funny enough, I just checked the first page of this thread and we're talking about CH30 in real time.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

Red and Blue mooning each other seems perfectly in-character. (Red definitely would have started it.)

Nah, they just gained some weight since we last saw them.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Maybe oceans have an even bigger effect on her than rain.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

They still have to bring Gamma to Zimmy.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Demiurge4 posted:

A sign of things to come?

We thought the killing was done by those bombers, but it was Jeanne. Those bombers were just called in to (try to) kill her.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Ditocoaf posted:

I think there's a good chance this guy is in Robot's cult, so won't spill any beans Robot doesn't want spilled.

They did share a look in the third-from-last panel today.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Isn't Gunnerkrigg a few years behind us? It's not released yet.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Donkringel posted:

I wonder if killing a God would supercharge fire Annie.

Court would probably be super displeased their appointed ambassador killed the leader of the rival nation.

Technically Annie is the Forest's ambassador, so the Court's reaction would probably be either "lol" or "this is inconvenient to our plans".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Start over without the ether, huh.

So "man's endeavor to become god" is literally about recreating the universe the way they want it?