Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

Always did like Donald. Apparently he can communicate nonverbally with Anja? Mysterious guy. And perceptive.

Nothing special about the non-verbal commmunication in this case. He spent Monday's and today's comic watching Annie and noticed her hands. When Anja followed his gaze she would have also noticed the white knuckles of Annie making tight fists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

@idonotlikepeas

I took

Also, yay my prints are finally framed and hung up.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Whoo, wallpaper donations. Donated the money I saved buying the books off Amazon instead of TopatoCo.

Also, finally took a look at Tea-san's tumblr.

1. Please make the halloween costume picture a print.
2. Dear god I want the tall coyote in his less defined form print.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Zorak posted:

Kickstarter-type drives often work very well in this regard, as if you offer [product] to everyone who donates above a certain threshold, anyone who wants said project AND/OR wants to contribute to the net profit is encouraged to donate in the short term. But even after the short-term is completed, you can still sell the product at normal pricing over the long time scale; in other words, the drive operates more as a preorder-drive that makes it so the product can come into being, you know?

Just toss on some higher order "get a painting" type stuff at higher tiers and roll into the bank.

Do this. Do this now Tea-san.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Hmm so apparently Comixology sells digital versions of all three Gunnerkrigg books. So if anyone wants an offline copy of Gunnerkrigg it's there as an option.

Edit: FYI, the listings are a bit messed up. If you search comixology for gunnerkrigg you will get hits for vol 1 and 2. Vol 3 is buried inside the vol1 collection page.

.Z. fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 14, 2012

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

... I don't... Why is that on her head?

drat it Friday is to far away.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

All I can think is that the pidgeon just pooped on Kat's head there.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Oh hey it's Kamlen.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com//comics/00000874.jpg

.Z. fucked around with this message at 08:09 on May 11, 2012

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Wili posted:

Could they be a manifestation of Annie supressing her emotional, firey side?

I think we are going to finish this chapter with Antimony waking up and punching somebody.

I wonder if it might have something to do with the cut she received from Jeanne, the thing could be considered a curse of sorts. Possibly some aspect of the etheric arts used on Jeanne has begun to have an affect on Annie?

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

In case anyone is wondering, this is the first time Annie ended up in the hospital:
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=47

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Nettle Soup posted:

Huh, so this page was referring to Kat, not Annie.

Dunno, could still be Annie. Given how she was all amused at Kat with the pidgeon on her head earlier. Tom may not have shown how Annie really appears. If Kat is the Machine God, what would Annie with her Fire Elemental essence and her participation in events that are going to lead to a big upset of the status quo mean for her appearance.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Opposing Farce posted:

Annie's way too at ease with the forest. There's no way this is going to end well.

It feels like she's going to have more problems with the Court than with the Forest.

One can view all of Coyote's actions as steps to get Annie to be more sympathetic towards, if not outright allied to, the Forest in anticipation of her probable role as the next Court Medium.

Annie's actions so far have been more flippant towards the Court, even the kicking off of shoes seems more of a snub towards Elgamore and his ideas of etiquette. She's frequently flaunting the rules and norms of the Court (Skipping detentions, wandering into clearly off limit areas with possessed Jack, constantly copying Kat's homework, stealing a photo of her parent's as children from Kat's parents)

On the other hand, with the exception of Coyote flipping her skirt, her interaction with the Forest has always been shown to be respectful. She looks up Ysengrim and Renardine in wolf form and gives Coyote his due. One could even view her interactions with the Etheric, such as the psychopomps, as further proof of this bent. Even while angry at them, she's never displayed disrespectful behavior.

Finally her only strong ties to the Court and the human world in general are Kat and her father vs the Etheric world, where her very nature ties her closely.

Of course I could be completely off the mark. And in the course of even just this story arc, my entire theory becomes as essenceless as Surma was at the time of her death.

.Z. fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jul 4, 2012

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Yak of Wrath posted:

Assuming this the the Medium ceremony, I wonder how this will go, if it is a bunch of speeches and shaking hands, or if there is an etheric element involved like some sort of geas of neutrality, or binding oaths.

Probably not going to be a geas of neutrality. It's been shown Surma was intentionally tugging at Renard's heart strings to try and lure him and some measure of Coyote's power into the Court.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

runwiled posted:

I'd argue that the Court wouldn't want her as a medium as she appears to be way too pally with the Forest-Dwellers. The Court wants someone who'll represent their interests and Annie has never demonstrated any kind of loyalty to them. In fact, we know as readers that she's planning to undermine the Court's defenses by defeating/liberating Jeanne.

The Court may not want her because of the friendliness, but given the choices of Antimony, Parley, and Smit, Antimony is still the best and possibly only choice. In the first meeting between Coyote, Ysengrim, and those three they barely acknowleged Parley and Smit. Since then nothing appears to have changed, Antimony is still the only person the Forest will interact with in a productive manner. And there are just too many other factors that make it hard not to choose her.

1. Mother was previous medium
2. Gaining same powers as mother, possibly even faster
3. Still young, can be influenced still. And the medium position would tie her even closer to the Court.
4. Medium choice is either Jones's choice or heavily influneced by Jones. She was just shown to have influence with Antimony. And again, I just don't see her picking Smit or Parley neither has the link to the Forest and the etheric Antimony has.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Brightman posted:

Are we even sure that the Court as it is now is against a Forest friendly medium? Maybe they'd like to bridge the divide between the Court and the Forest for whatever reason.

I think the Court will always be against a Forest friendliness. All the actions taken by the Court we've seen have been bent towards the gathering of power:

-Splitting the Forest and the Court
-Sacrificing Jeanne and her lover to make the water a barrier
-Having Surma lure Reynardine
-Gathering gifted children
-Etheric Power Stations

As Coyote said, the Court is man's endeavor to become God.
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=497

And there is a difference between being against something and flat out rejecting it. Having a Forest friendly medium that can actually interact with the Forest is better than having a Court friendly medium that the Forest will not interact with.

Cat Mattress posted:

Smitface would be an amazing medium. He'd solve everybody's neighborhood problems by accident, in his sleep.

I think it'd be turn into this cycle of warring powers as Smit's powers would try to make order of Coyote's chaos. And at the same time Coyote's chaotic nature would push him to undo anything Smit ordered. It would only end when one died or the universe collapsed.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Nooo my guess was wrong. Oh well.

Brightman posted:

One of the pages next week had better be Coyote and Smitty shaking hands and both saying, "Alright, mate."

Smitty's powers of order are going to make the Universe implode when they try to affect Coyote.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Nice use of the blinkstone Annie.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Tea-san posted:

Nah, it's not a Kickstarter at this point. I'm doing extra comics with stuff that doesn't fit into the story (like what Annie got up to while in the forest during the summer between books 3 and 4). Each comic will be available to read on-line, and eventually be collected into a book separate from the usual published ones. I'll probably do a little Kickstarter for the printing of that book but that is a while off, it looks like. I'll most likely print each side story as their own floppy comic too, which I hope to sell at cons, but I'll pay for the printing out of my own pocket.

Any chance of putting some of those Coyote canvases up for sale or auction online?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Cryophage posted:

que ojos tan lindos tienes...

żme los daras?

It's so pretty