Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Did somebody say boxbot? I swear somebody said boxbot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

inthesto posted:

So are we going to spend the next three pages speculating over why Parley's chest is all lit up?

Maybe she's a robot?

fake edit: I really wish it would turn out that everyone at the court was a robot except Jones.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Or she's just set on solving this mystery, and mysteries take priority over makeouts when you're 11 or however old she is.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Metal Gear Solid 4 is obviously Court technology. Probably invented by Dr. Disaster himself!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gunnerkrigg Court Thread: Everyone is Coyote (except Jones)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fangz posted:

I discussed this with someone, but I seem to be the only one who seems to see it. But I figure the point with this storyline is that Annie thinks her relationship with Jack with similar to that of Surma with Rey - in that she's leading him on, while Jack is totally infatuated with her and doesn't see there's no reciprocation. And that's gotta be depressing.

Also maybe she went to talk to Jack because she wanted help with her homework, but realised how bad an idea getting Jack to help would be.

and annie is a filthy cheat, kat is too good for her

Except she's not leading Jack on at all.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wednesday's comic is going to be Renard huddled in a corner with a bucket of ice cream and a stack of Nancy Drew.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

And THAT's why you shouldn't cheat off your friend's homework!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

DaveWoo posted:

That's... surprisingly plausible, actually. Perhaps the "seed bismuth" wasn't a something, but a someone.

(And I'm sure someone has already brought up the fact that bismuth and antimony are both names of elements.)

Not just that, but Bismuth is in the same periodic column as Antimony (in fact it's right below it), so have many similar properties.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Also Annie was flagrantly abusing her best (only?) friend's trust.

They're one big rear end in a top hat family.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fecha posted:

That was a misunderstanding!
Boxbot has done nothing worthwhile since he was built.

This implies that boxbot being built was worthwhile.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fecha posted:

Yeah, where's the clever trickiness in just flat-out lying to people?

The best way to trick people is to tell the truth so convincingly that they think you're lying.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

flatluigi posted:

Did Annie actually start that fire?

She didn't start that fire, it was always burning since the world's been turning.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I pronounce it as "Sengrin" with a little barely audible "ih" at the start.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Actually I'm pretty sure it's pronounced "bawks-bawt."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Magpies are definitely the most obnoxious birds in existence. This comic proves it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Revolver Bunker posted:

I really love the aging process Tom uses for the characters. You really see them age both physically and mentally. Annie seems more mature through and through. Still loves her make up though. I wonder what happened to her school uniform.

I like how her head has gradually grown less horizontally and more vertically oblong over the years.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is heart-touching and all but it still doesn't answer the question of why they are underwater. I need answers! Now!

Also hambone, you're a horrible person fyi.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Heliotrope posted:

Quick, someone photoshop a pixellated boner in there! COMEDY GOLD

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Unexpected EOF posted:

OK now that's funny.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

e: on second thought probably shouldn't keep this going

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Rei_ posted:

Really though, Kat was killed in a car accident about a week after she left.

And THAT'S why you don't cheat off your friend's homework!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The 19th Person posted:

Gamma died in an accident. Zimmy killed herself shortly afterwords.

Eglamore, committed to an asylum.

Robot, disassembled.

Mort, exorcised.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cheeseball IV posted:

Huh, so now Annie's all smiles and emotion and Kat's all stoic and poo poo. Weird.

That's not stoicism, that's the cold shoulder.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Actually I'll bet it's that Annie just smells like she hasn't had a shower in months, and Kat is trying to get away from her as politely as possible.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Unconventional Oven posted:

Fanart I just finished!

Coyote has all eyes on her.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Maybe Robot is actually a jones?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

HydroChocobo posted:

I kinda wanna buy an avatar of Kat's :geno: face but I dunno what text I'd put on it.

It's science. I implore you to explain everything.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's the long-awaited Homestuck/Gunnerkrigg corssover, this is Karkat's crabdad.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fangz posted:

Annie would probably actually like Princess Mononoke, I think.

It would probably end like the GTA comic though, what with the amputations and dudes getting their heads shot clean off by arrows.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sneaksie Taffer posted:

You've never developed a crush on someone? They aren't in love, Matt is just infatuated with this girl he met.

Haha yeah that is definitely middle school romance logic. "She bumped into me and I did something for her and she stole my coat. Maybe she liiiiiiiiiikes me."

And Paz's reaction too: "Oh no the boy I like is expressing interest in another girl, everything is ruined my life is a sham :qq:"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I too remember when Tea-san said that GC was a progressive comic about breaking down the barriers of gender norms and heteronormativity. Look how far you have fallen from your principles. I truly weep for you.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The forbidden Level 5 Collar Pop will be necessary to woo Zimmy. However, this technique is locked away within an ancient, cursed tome buried deep within the Court catacombs.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Nah. I get the feeling he was just holding back until he got her reaction, and now that he knows there's nothing at stake/no need to let her down, he can be more open.

Oh, you don't like me? Well, thank god! Now I can finally act normal around you *fart*

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

He's a mythical talking coyote with mystical dream powers. I don't see how he can sound like anyone but Johnny Cash.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think the only reason Jack hasn't been spontaneously combusted yet is because somehow his aura of smugness repels her blinker stone abilities. That's his mutant power. The power of smug.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

She probably smells pretty bad. I can't imagine it being very pleasant to be around her in any way.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The people of the forst actually kidnapped her and replaced her with a robot wood golem.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tender Child Loins posted:

Speaking of hair, I really like how Jack's looks like spider fangs in this chapter.

Jesus Christ, it's the Fedex arrow all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Jones is a flesh golem created by the intimate bonding of two other flesh golems.