Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Taking the time to read through the archives again, on the prompting of someone else upthread.

I love Mort. I forgot how much of a great character he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'm going to say either 'waiting' or 'powerless.'

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Holy poo poo.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Did Annie actually start that fire? It looks like she does (similar art as when she does other things with her mind), but it could just be stylization.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
He stole all the gold, and that's terrible.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Oh my god, this update.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Ironic Twist posted:

Fire safety.

He's perfect for dealing with her, then.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Mr. Vile posted:

Ha! We could have picked up on what he was doing before. Take a look at the laptop in the last panel of the previous page.

I don't get it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
This is a high magic (or indistinguishably advanced technology) setting, man. It's not a deus ex machina just because it has powers.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Hussie actually asked for people to vote for Gunnerkrigg over him, so it might have a chance.

Neither Goblins or OOTS should win, though. God no.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I don't really want to read that again, even in parody form. :(

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Still posting here, actually!

The story: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=394974181

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
They were made because someone asked for 'the Gunnerkrigg equivalent of Garfield minus Garfield' something like five posts up, dude.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

A student posted:

What is Jones's connection to Dr. Disaster?

He gave her flowers.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Gnome de plume posted:

God dammit Jones you can't just say you're not gonna tell us about dinosaurs and then say that about dinosaurs.

Although we can probably guess.

I think you mean this, actually.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Don't you all still have your own thread to whine about CAD?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Fucknag posted:

Would that make Coyote FYAD?

No, Coyote is funny and entertaining.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Whoops, wrong thread somehow

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I feel like the people who think Annie's going to be homophobic missed the fact that she had nothing like that to say about Zimmy and Gamma. And also missed most of her character, but still.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Anoia posted:

brb gotta read every fuckin Discworld book on top of re-reading the comic.

You assholes. :mad:

You have a good excuse, at least - The Colour of Magic came out 30 years ago today (November 24th, 1983)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Kikas posted:

If we are to treat that page as a bit of foreshadowing, I'm more worried about "I've never lost anyone I loved".

Kat lost her bird boyfriend between then and now, I'm pretty sure.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Bison.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Finding out someone you liked and thought was a cool dude might be a gross rear end in a top hat is important to people, shockingly!

Tom should probably say something on not-Twitter about this where it's easier to say your entire thoughts on the situation, as I still think people are unsure what exactly to think about it. I had the benefit of sleeping through the entire thing up until his final tweet and it reads to me that he was quoting a joke he found lovely and being baffled by people thinking he was making the joke himself, but I can 100% see why people might have read it otherwise and I don't blame them in the slightest for being hurt by it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
When I say 'gross rear end in a top hat' I meant 'possibly transphobic' and to the many trans people I know and am friends with, yeah that's kind of significantly important! I mean you wouldn't give poo poo to anyone upset that celebrities they liked and enjoyed (such as Simon Pegg) came out and defended noted pedophile Woody Allen, would you?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Slime posted:

So this rabbit is a human otherkin who is also apparently trans? I bet she's an asexual panromantic too.

Hilarious

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I love humperdunk crunk

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
That redtext fits you.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Boogaleeboo posted:

I'm sorry nobody ever cared enough about your life to spend like 50 dollars buying you vaguely insulting titles.

Could I point out a web comic you could project that rage and sadness on to?

You're weird

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'd really like to hear from all those people who were swearing up and down that he wasn't a jagoff after this update

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

RandomPauI posted:

Are there any Anthony defenders left?

I'd bet that, somehow, there are

they should watch evangelion and see if they relate to gendo (and if they do go see a psychiatrist)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Today's edition of "statements that are rough in hindsight"

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1058

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'm glad this thread has gone to apologizing for an abusive parent to blaming the victim of the abuse, it's a good look

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
If only there was a clear, in-comic visual of anthony stabbing annie's literal soul and putting her into the hospital with no warning and making everyone around her fear for her life. then it'd be unambiguous that anthony is being abusive, right

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
That's a nice avatar.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Oh boy BravestoftheLamps is here again to mock people for enjoying things

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Tetracube posted:

this post is 6 years old

Meltdowns on that level are eternal

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I don't know if I get it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Warmachine posted:

The answer, Chibisoma, is that we don't know yet.

Don't say things you can't take back.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Dias posted:

I'll throw around a heavy one here: a dude that's charming and charismatic with other people but a cold and frankly abusive person towards his closer family KIIIIIIIINDA rings some "terrible person" bells in my head, mental issues or not.

Yeah, it's why all this apologia for Tony over the last dozen chapters or so of the comic have been rubbing people the wrong way (including me). I know several people who have just stopped reading the comic because of this latest chapter, too. Hopefully something changes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
holy poo poo