Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
I snatched up the all-seeing eye of Coyote, since no one else seems to want it. Maybe I will even start posting now that I have a cool avatar :).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:

Osmosisch posted:

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Hahaha, I love your new avatars. I hope the avatarvaganza never ends :allears:.

As for the comic, I sure hope being abruptly detached from your body like that doesn't have any side effects.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That picture of Annie is stunningly beautiful. If only there was a way to turn it into an avatar without ruining the quality.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This is the best I can do:

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MikeJF posted:

Or if you want to go closer,

The face is better that way, but I think it looks more majestic when you can see her floating in the flames. Oh, well, I probably shouldn't replace my Coyote eye-vatar so soon anyway.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The best of part of the comic is how everyone is now perfectly okay with the presence of the worm, even though they were running from it in terror only two pages ago. Clearly, they were all in on it from the start.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If fairies like being named, why does the school try to prevent it from happening?

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bongo Bill posted:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Wednesday's going to have the stringer gag, and Friday will have the cover of the next chapter, which will properly begin next Monday.

And I wouldn't be surprised if it begins with Annie saying something like "It's a good thing my father explained everything to me!" :downs:. Just like the solution to the mystery of Jones!

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if the tense change between the two text boxes is intentional, or just a grammatical error. The first text box is written in the past tense, but then the second one abruptly changes to present tense. Am I the only one who found this jarring?

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if Anthony deliberately named his daughter so it would fit neatly into his coded messages.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

One-time pads aren't complicated at all. The question here is just which features of the ciphertext matter - you could easily use a very short one-time pad to encrypt "MICROSATFIVE" yielding some other sequence of 12 letters, beginning with A, and then transmit this sequence by means of saying 12 words, beginning with "Antimony".

The problem with this explanation is that Donald asks whether it was "Antimony" or "Annie", so clearly it's not just the first letter that matters.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

Also, Annie said the message didn't make sense, so it's probably not an actual intelligible sentence.

I am pretty sure the message was just the text we saw in the second panel in yesterdays comic.

Edit: On second thought, that might just be Annie's inner monologue. Those text boxes appear just as Donald is reading the message, so I thought it was the text he was reading.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Mar 12, 2012

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Am I the only one who thought it was obvious that she is calling out to her dad? She is fantasizing about him being up on the roof, just waiting for an invitation to come down and be a loving father. It's clear from her body language that she is not actually expecting a response. It's just a fantasy.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-electron_universe

With regards to the temporal duplication of the birds, some physicists have theorized that the universe contains only a single electron, appearing in different positions by travelling through time.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lt. Lizard posted:

It's pretty interesting and a bit unexpected that Loup seems to have fully internalized the viewpoint robots have about Kat, to the point he calls her "angel".

It's class solidarity. Loup instinctively sides with anyone worshipped as a god because showing disrespect to gods sets a bad precedent.

e: beaten, kind of.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Inside you there are two wolves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Riot Bus posted:

I'm curious if Coyote is actually mistaken and is just assuming the love confession was towards Annie.

That is my interpretation as well. He set an alarm to wake him when Loup started talking about love with Annie and doesn't actually know what has been happening. This would at least be a lot more interesting than Coyote being an infallible mastermind, which isn't at all how he is portrayed in the original myths.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 30, 2023