Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
The Middle East and India can and often are referred to as West Asia. What ever happened to the Occident anyway? :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

Fuego Fish posted:

The solution is Boxbud.

Just have Bud ride around on top of Boxbot.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Is it just me or does Smitty look really chunky in the second panel?

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Whoever was suggesting you could charge twice that was not kidding. I've seen random black and white photos of a water ripple in coffee shops that sell for like $150 CDN (around 92 pounds) and those things are maybe the size of the city face painting, and nobody goes to a coffee shop looking for artwork. Gouge those motherfuckers at the cons like the delicious sacks of money they are. :unsmigghh:

Zellyn fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Nov 20, 2011

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
The only things it can cut are pre-conceived notions and jibes. :v:

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

Ironic Twist posted:

"continued kissing and also smooching"

May I just say that this comic has some of the best sound effects.

In the typical trend of reading more and more from one page at random, I found this. Hasn't it been about two years since then? More than that in the age of the comic, certainly, but within the universe it's been at least two years of school right? I'm thinking mostly of how they switch dorms every year.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

Oneiros posted:

Yeah, that was when Coyote was first teaching her how to influence the physical world from the etherial.

If I recall correctly the last time we saw Annie use her powers like that she was shoving a boat across the lake to the power station. Flying definitely is not out of the question.

<edit> and of course Jack was able to fly while under the influence of the whitelegs.

Plus she also managed to leave her thumb print on the moon.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Ysengrin has the best ethereal form. Coyote is too much of a showboat. :colbert:

I'm not sure what a good subtitle would be though. "The way he sees himself"?

Zellyn fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jan 13, 2012

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Does Annie even remember that she has it? I had forgotten that it was from her encounter with Jeanne down in the ravine until one of those god damned 'oh hey, I missed dinner because of Gunnerkrigg archives', but when Coyote commented on it Annie seemed confused as to what he was talking about.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

Bell_ posted:

I'd call it awe. Annie's hair goes higher than anybody's.

Annie has gone super saiyan. This is the point where Gunnerkrigg turns into a fighting manga, isn't it.

:negative:

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Pretty sure he can't go far from his body. In the first Annie is just looking into the room where he is, and in the second he's just popping his head out of his body for a second.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Oh, no she's summoning a mongolian death worm*!

*Actual Mongolian death worms not to scale.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Did anyone else find the exchange with the teacher, aside from being kinda funny, but also kinda pointless? Did Blue get the book from her? The teacher didn't give a crap and just wanted to go back to sleep. I guess I'm just overthinking it, just that part of that page seemed kinda pointless.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Faeries? Basically just idiots.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Oh man, that would be an amazing gif. Sad kid, sad kid, sad Annie, sad worm.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
No, she's upset because someone just 'died' in front of her. Apparently she's kind of obtuse.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
That last panel proves that before she was a fairy, Red was :smugdog:

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
What have you done, Tom? You've reached the Douche Horizon, and there's no going back now.

"Have you ever seen a douche in zero gravity? It's beautiful. It's like liquid it... slides all over everything."

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Really, how was anyone supposed to know that beforehand? 'Don't give the jerks jabronis in Foley House a name' doesn't seem like something you'd typically write down on an orientation pamphlet.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
So, were Red and Blue still faffing about in the ether? They seemed comparatively emotive this time, and Red is usually a huge jerk in general.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Hah, I knew it had to be soon. Wasn't expecting that, though.

Ironic Twist posted:

Who gives a poo poo?

Because Tom rarely does things for no purpose.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Given that it's no longer showing up in the pages I think it's safe to say that the big crack behind her was supposed to be a crack in her calm composure.

Emotional distress aside, I still laughed at the last panel. :3:

Good, he didn't notice.

Zellyn fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Mar 2, 2012

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
It could just be regular taping, but it seems more likely that she sprained her ankle or some other kind of injury. She's currently being forced to reconsider whether her father is in fact a human or a loveless robot parental unit. My guess is she's thinking of this scene and remembering a moment when her father was actually not an emotionally absent wad. Or maybe Wednesday's comic will shatter that concept.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Oh Jack, you dickbag.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
My pet theory is that after Zimmy punched Anthony he decided to give her some hallucinations as payback for screwing with his fire-elemental binding experiment. She's seeing Annie as some kind of robot-bird-angel because it's an amalgamation of her plot traits.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Eh. Zimmy is kind of a dick to everyone, so she might have just been staying true to form.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Have you guys honestly never seen makeup before? Lipstick and a brushpad-thingy like that are pretty stereotypical components of "makeup things women use" in most media.

I will admit that Annie's use of makeup is pretty subtle these days; based on art, that is, so missing that she wasn't wearin it is plausible. I assume that football-head Annie used the same amount, it was just more obvious when her head was roughly the size of her torso.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
:stare:

Holy poo poo, that's amazing. Everything in that page is amazing.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Why are you taking off your armor, Eglamore, you putz? The Court is clearly visible across the chasm which means they're still on the Forest's side. Kind of hard to take his warning seriously when he's disrobing in enemy territory.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Tom, you would make a terrible detective.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

Cabbit posted:

Maybe being white isn't a mutation. Maybe Jones was the first white person, and all white people share her as a common ancestor.

"No, Antimony, I am your mother^13!"

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
I hope this chapter ends with Jones, standing around looking bored, watching the big bang.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
I'm telling you, she'll appear at the big bang looking bored as the universe forms around her.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

SynthOrange posted:

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Personally, I first thought of Tupac. :whatup:

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
I'd guess the headmaster and whoever else is involved in the decision might be thinking that Annie is getting too close to the forest. Plus, Smitty's weird order power might be beneficial to them in compensating for Coyote's chaotic nature.

I honestly wonder why at no point has Ysengrin's attack had a visible effect on Annie. I would have thought she'd be a bit freaked out about the whole thing after nearly getting killed.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
God drat it, Tom, doggy-5 is just cheating. This comic is becoming Avatar Court. :colbert:

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
If Kat doesn't give Annie a good :catstare: on Monday I will be very disappointed.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Not shown: Renard eating a half-pound of peyote.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
I was a bit sad that she wasn't given a vaguely football shaped head. Because I'm an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
This Toy Story movie just got dark(er)!