Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Started reading during in a migraine induced stupor last sunday. This is a pretty drat good comic, but I'm almost caught up. :(

I've been sneaking peaks at the latest updates, and noticed the art is a little different from where I am now (chapter 31), and I can't decide if I like it. I'll probably warm up to it.

I love the way he draws Antimony though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Phew...caught up now.

When Annie was in Zimmys hallucination, why was Gamma calling her Zimmy? Or is this an as-of-yet unexplained thing?

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Weird. Thanks!

Wish I found out about this comic a week sooner. I just bought a bunch of stuff from Topatoco for MSPA. Oh well.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

This page kind of intrigues me. Is this the only instance so far in the comic that indicates that hints that Kat may have magic powers (or however its termed in the GC universe) like her mom or Antimony?

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I wonder if you can only be hurt in the ether if you are still attached to your body. Someone brought up how Jeanne hurt Annie in the ether causing her scratch, thinking that maybe she was an exception for some reason. I guess that is still possible.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

What is that object above Jones' head in the fourth panel? I remember seeing symbols/objects like that before, like when Annie was on her way to meet the forest people with Ysengrin before she stayed there the summer. Probably in some other instances too.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Anyone have the panel handy where the comment was about how one word was more important than the others?

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I like how Donny raises his hand to help Annie down, and she just jumps down by herself.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Fangz posted:

Maybe Anthony only wanted to communicate with Donald, and he only had Jones' number, and he had no actual intent to speak to Annie at all, aside from being forced to by Jones handing the phone to her. That's why he used a code only Don would know.

I'd feel really bad for Annie but I'd laugh my rear end off if this were true and the message essentially translated to: "Hey Donny, all's well with me, how's Anja and your daughter? Tony."

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

So the phone was passed to Annie from Jones, on the basis that she had an incoming call. I find it peculiar that, if Anthony really had nothing to say to his daughter, why he would request for the phone to be passed to her.

Possible reasons:

- The call center was mistaken in thinking he was looking for Antimony, when in fact it was just part of the message.
- He is avoiding giving his plans away to anyone from the court. Obviously backed up by the fact that he's speaking in code (could also be he's in an area where he can't risk being overheard... the woods?), but interesting that he didn't or couldn't give the coded message to Donny directly.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Brinnie looks nice :shobon:. Both here and in the flashback chapter. Looking forward to seeing more of her.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Tom really likes ending his page updates with a magical sound effect, doesn't he?

ZAM!

FZZAK!

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I'm still holding out for hope that Tony is in an area where he can't make chit chat or let people know his relationship with Antimony and/or the court, hence the need to speak in code.

I'm dying to know how he scored Surma and not Eglamore though.

Edit: I also like how only Donny and Surma are the only ones who are looking back to see if he is ok. Obviously Eglamore isn't very fond of him, but maybe Anja isn't either.

Lord of Laughton fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Mar 23, 2012

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Annie was really drawn well in that last panel. Well done Tom.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Maybe Jack is Annie's half brother? :monocle:

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Huggerkrigg Court :3::3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I haven't been keeping up with the thread, so forgive me if this has already been discussed, but after reading the update today, I'm pretty convinced that Jones is a Norse God of some sort, whether she knows it or not. We know the existence of these gods is a thing, since Brinnie is a thing.