Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Fucknag posted:

I forget the name of it, but there's basically a law out there that says the more competent you are at something, the better you are at seeing what needs to be improved, and the harder you are on yourself for it.

Yup, the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

ChibiSoma posted:

words

Wow. As a gay man, I think I can safely say you're kind of crazy.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Calling it now: the next page is going to be one of a full-page art panel that looks absolutely gorgeous, raises the tension dramatically, and tells us nothing about whether Coyote is serious or what happens to Annie.

I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing...

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Checked for an update expecting Jones to be old.

Jones is, in fact, old, as she has been in every strip for the last six weeks, and as I expect her to be for at least the next week and probably the next two weeks.

I remember the glory days when I'd check for an update expecting an answer to a question or some character development or some story progression. Good times, man, good times.

(I kid, but amazing artwork aside this pacing really is utterly terrible for a serial reader. It's all the more jarring since pacing is normally something Tom's very good at...)

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

I'm not sure why everyone is expecting it to be a single creature, especially given Eglamore's reaction. Personally I think Monday's comic is going to be a full-page panel showing a massive stampede of half the forest creatures, each with a problem in tow. (It's going to be glorious.)

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Magypsy posted:

Does anyone else think that the letter might have been from Paz, but she was too embarrased and had Bobby send it on her behalf?

(PS Avatar Fairy, please don't change my avatar, I love my Space Channel 5 one too much. :( I know how crazy this thread gets, and that's the main reason I avoid posting here.)

I was thinking the exact same thing.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Best start to the morning. :3: I wonder whether we'll actually see Kat's reaction on Friday.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

No, poor unfortunate Chibisoma's post (and tweets, see above) will live forever. What made it funny was how very invested he was in his wilful misreading of Annie and Kat's relationship and to some extent the conversation with Jack that offended him so not going the way he thought it was. If Kat and Paz's exchange also didn't quite mean what he thought it did (which we now see is the case, on Paz's end), that might even make it a little funnier. :3:

I dunno. I mean, Chibisoma was obviously crazy, but I think there's some good evidence that Kat's crushing on Annie if not the other way around.

SHISHKABOB posted:

Friday: full panel image of Kat totally slack-jawed, with the little end-of-chapter symbol in the corner.

This is exactly what's going to happen.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

I'm getting the horrible feeling that Paz is basically repeating Kat's own situation back to her - only Kat's buried and confusing feelings are about Annie. I hope I'm wrong on that one, because otherwise we have some serious :smith: incoming...

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

I don't think Kat is going to blow up. The hairband was a fairly clear symbolic representation of her frantic public denial phase. Gamma helpfully took that away, both literally and symbolically with a few well-chosen words, and we haven't seen her wearing it since. It would be pretty jarring to see her regress now. (Also, "Huh!" is not a noise someone makes when they're having a fight-or-flight response.)

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Yeah, if he puts those up for grabs online I'm buying one.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

This is just the :3:est thing. Being sure this was going to end badly before just makes it even better.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Going by these two pages, I'd say homophobia in the Court is alive and well - Kat and Paz are both acting as though being anything other than straight is at least slightly taboo. I think we should probably assume that the Court is roughly equivalent to the real UK in terms of attitudes.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

"You afterlife guides", eh? The penny drops for Kat in 3, 2, 1...

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Dr. Buttass posted:

When my friend took me into the "employees only" area, I was the one who opened the door, so suddenly I had a job there.
Yeah, because we've seen already that the realm of the dead is totally cool with people bringing their unauthorised friends into restricted areas, right? :allears:

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Pretty sure that one book is going to be about the robot wing.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

"As someone who hasn't been through the things these people have been through, I think the angrier they get about the things they've been through, the less they've probably been through!"

Like what the hell, are you seriously trying to apply the whole "stone-faced survivor" thing universally to real life? Stop getting all your ideas about reality from television, it's loving childish.

Wow, yeah, clearly he's drawing from TV rather than his own experience and the experiences of his friends and family. You sure showed him!

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Ghetto Prince posted:

I doubt it, British kids don't have Halloween. No costumes, no parties and no candy, instead they have bonfire night, it's where they make a big wooden George W Bush and burn it in a bonfire at night.

This isn't a joke, they really stand in a crowd with thousands of other people and stare at a fire. I've seen it.

Actual British person speaking: the point of bonfire night is the fireworks. I've never heard of anyone having an actual bonfire and guy except for the big firework displays, which generally come with a whole funfair.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Fucknag posted:

I have a feeling that's exactly what Paz is in the middle of doing.

Yeah, quite apart from being Lindsey's husband, Bud is an incredibly good way of refuting the idea that Lindsey loves beings based on whether or not they look like her.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

At least Kat looks sad rather than angry. That's something, right?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Also, the court knowing about the cheating but not doing anything about it for goodness knows how long before finally coming down on it is severely hosed up. She's 14 years old, and that means they should focus on correcting her behaviour rather than just letting her dig herself a deeper and deeper hole and then gleefully filling it in on top of her.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Yeah, pretty much every educational institution I've been in or taught at would either have noticed and corrected the cheating within a couple of weeks or not have given a poo poo to begin with.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Zerilan posted:

It's just going to end up being the PBF Fun Bot comic with Coyote as Fun Bot.

Hey, so I just looked at the Fun Bot comic for nostalgia's sake and it turns out PBF is updating again. This is a Good Thing.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Heh heh heh heh heh...
So he wanted to hear his daughter's voice while in a nightmare hellscape, but didn't want to get her involved in said hellscape? Seems legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Calling it now: when Zimmy punches Tony, it's going to look to him as though it's Antimony doing the punching somehow. "Message from yer little girl, mate" and all that.