Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

greth posted:

Do we know where the Blinker Stone came from, originally? Maybe it's Jeanne's heart :tinfoil:

It's hardly a unique item, other people have them too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I don't see why a god's tooth shouldn't be able to cut a ghost in half.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I have a better idea you guys.

How about Smitty brings order to the situation by throwing the stone and hitting a bird. And Parley arrived because she was watching a romantic movie and is in love with Smitty.

Seriously here, he's not god. He just has the power to make everything boring.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

The Lord of Hats posted:

If he has a goal in mind, such as getting the blinker stone to the shore of the cliff, his powers see to it that it gets done.

He didn't have that goal in mind at all, they just told him to throw it.

Everything he touches turns to boring, that is precisely what his power is.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

The 19th Person posted:

One thing I don't like about this page was the first panel. The page before that was a fluid and dynamic fight, that excellently communicated the movement and danger of the situation. Then the first panel of this page is them standing motionless. I was under the impression that they wouldn't have time to stand ramrod straight and perfectly still with Jeanne slashing at them. Other than that, this page is par the course, and by that I mean excellent.

You're misreading the panel, that's them returning to their bodies, which were standing ramrod straight the whole time.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh come on, don't get overly defensive over a webcomic that even the person who drew it thinks looked weird in the early chapters, that's no way to be.

Hey Arnold was pretty great, though.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It obviously takes place in modern times you guys.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Staggy posted:

EDIT: Wait, is Reynardine a fox or a wolf? I never can remember. His body looks like a fox, but his current body looks more like a wolf. Or am I just being retarded?

Definitely a fox.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm pretty sure he didn't lose any power when he gave her a tooth, he just lost a tooth.

And his teeth are really sharp, that's all.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Spiders and spiders and spiders everywhere.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You guys, those posts about Kat being a robot when she came back weren't kidding.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Reading this comic, i just realized i was at least that condescending to my friends younger friends when i was in school.

Anyways i was thinking about all this royalties stuff yesterday when i decided i was gonna buy both volumes of GC that were in stock, and i didn't know which way was the best way so i just bought the cheap ones from amazon and donated extra money on Paypal and i'm pretty sure that way he gets direct money.

Tom if you tell me your royalties from the donate button don't go to you i will be very cross.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

22 Eargesplitten posted:

It's tape, since he's Parkourbot. Think like the hunter in Left 4 Dead. I've heard traceurs will tape down the ends of their sleeves and legs for some reason or another. But I've never seen it in person and don't know why they would.

To decrease wind resistance and so that you don't get hooked on a thing and wipe out really hard.

I don't know anything about parkour i just made that up but i bet that's why.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
She just said it didn't make sense, not that it was numbers. Words can be codes too you know.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
There was also the time Zimmy called the sky a bastard but the thunder happened in time.

Really though, chances are an 11 year old hears all this stuff uncensored all the time anyways at school, and it's pretty tame in Gunnerkrigg.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Heliotrope posted:

Well we do know that Zimmy lies to her about what other people are saying, I wonder if she'll find out sometime.

I kinda think she found out when Annie told her. That scenario wasn't really Zimmy being a habitual liar so much as it was her being frustrated and pissed off and unhappy that there were a bunch of people around when she was hoping there'd be nobody around and then Kat's all telling people "she's always like this", and it's a time when she's pretty stressed out and has been anticipating rainfall for what I'm sure feels like an eternity. Sometimes you get angry and lie to your partner to get her on your "side" in a conflict that really only exists in your head.

I mean it's easy to judge when you live in a world where everybody has a face and you've got a good grip on what's real or not.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well i guess that makes it obvious why she wanted good clothes for climbing.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I don't think Coyote would like Kat very much.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm pretty sure the dude stands at the outside boundary of the forest the whole time Annie's in there visiting in case he has to come save her.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I think Ysengrin might get die, Annie seems kinda sad about what's about to happen.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Nipponophile posted:

Actually, I'm pretty sure there's a lot more than two options. You're reaching pretty far for a reason to be offended.

That's kinda the whole point of this entire forum.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
He could maybe at least knock her over or something if they were outside, Jones' speed and movement is apparently within human standards, I'm sure Eglamore could work with that.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Why would language even exist if you got nobody to talk to?

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

VanSandman posted:

Shadow, being a creation of Coyote (well, a descendent thereof) probably has some awareness of understanding of the Ether. I wouldn't be surprised if he's worried about the effects of robotic belief.

I don't think every etheric being knows about that, Coyote made kind of a big deal about it being his great secret.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It blows my mind that some people in this thread could possibly read this as something other than just a joke. There's no mystical trickery to make people think that there's a different medium! What are you even thinking?

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
They choose the medium from a list of people with a connection to the ether, so far as I'm aware it's just the three of them, aside from the people from the forest.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

TenKindsOfCrazy posted:

OK, I think I do remember something along those lines. Although Anja is connected to the ether, is she not? She can use a blinker stone and all that jazz.

I used poor wording, everyone is connected to the ether. Blinker stones are for stupid people who aren't familiar enough with it. I shoulda said they chose from people who have or are expected to have supernatural abilities, Smitty's orderliness, Annie and Parley both coming from parents with plenty of that.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
She's just more in tune with the ether than most people, but not as much as some. Annie's descended from an ethereal being, she has an easy time using blinker stones and all that,but probably can't do that sort of thing without the assistance of one, like the forest people and probably Annie and Surma. Donny can't use blinker stones at all because he's 100% scientist and not much in tune with the ether. Kat could never use a blinker stone, I bet Annie's father couldn't either.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Niton posted:

To be honest, I forgot the plot point was that the spiders were entirely responsible :shobon:. Was right about him liking Annie before at least.

Thinking about it, though, I have to wonder if the spiders are really capable of changing a person's nature like that, or if Jack is just also kind of an rear end in a top hat to begin with, though.

Come on, do you think you could go like half a year without sleep without being kind of an rear end in a top hat?

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Tom's hair is black.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh man it totally is, I never looked close enough.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
If Gunnerkrigg updated 5 times a week I'd have to stay up till midnight every weeknight instead of just 3 of them. It'd be great but not good for me I think.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Hetty seems nice enough.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well you're not gonna get free lock picking by acting like a jerk at a graveyard.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Hetty's nothing if not pragmatic.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It must take a while to get around the court at that size.

He's probably smiling because the conversation turned away from murdering Annie back to making this dude itchy.

ChairMaster fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jul 5, 2013

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

schwenz posted:

I'm thinking he knew her before she got trapped in the doll, which might explain his patience with her.

I'm surprised how much everyone assumes that Hetty does what she does because she's evil.

We haven't met Adam yet. Although she does seem to enjoy tormenting him, Adam may very well deserve it.

It's hard not to think she's at least a bit evil when you see the two panels with her crazy face.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

MooCowlian posted:

I'm kind of confused about how many people are saying that he's obviously on board. The fact he hasn't said much at all suggests to me that he doesn't like her plans, and is not enthusiastic. To me, it seems like he mostly just hangs around with her because there aren't any other possessed dolls around and either he wants another friend like him, or feels bad that she has none. Tagging along with weird people is pretty much the lot of those with no-one better. He doesn't have E/N to tell him she's toxic and he should sever.

Yea, this is pretty much what I'm getting here. You guys do realize that Renard must be living a pretty lonely life without a lot of friends, right? When given the choice between hanging out with Hetty or sitting around doing nothing whenever Annie's not around he's gonna spend time with the only person in the court who doesn't think of him as "The Demon Renard" or "that rear end in a top hat who killed Danny and Sivo".

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

SynthOrange posted:

Hetty, Reynard, you know you could just BUY these things for a few dollars, right?

I don't imagine they have allowances. They'd have to steal money to be able to afford this stuff anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
He bested Sivo in a fight, he didn't just outright murder him like Danny. Also pretty impressive considering he was in a human body at the time.