Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Haha Christ I finally caught up, this comic is loving amazing. I've read through the archives three times in the past few days. WHY DID NO-ONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS FORCE ME TO READ THIS BEFORE :argh:

I should imagine even if you're used to being suddenly teleported, it still comes as a surprise when it happens. Then again, I also expect drama. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

All Smitty's quiet confidence was for nothing. :(

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Ironic Twist posted:

So, yeah, we've never really gotten into the age difference between Parley and Smitty and how it affects their relationship. Should be a fun time!

It's, uh, a year isn't it? I seem to remember Smitty being in Year 9 and Parley in Year 10. So...

Waffnuffly posted:

Looks like her new "friends" are older kids and she's trying to be cool and fit in, hehe

...this.

(the whole 'hanging out with the kids' bit I took to be referring to Kat and Annie v:shobon:v)

vvv maybe they're REBELS

mrpwase fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Oct 26, 2011

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Just ordered Vols. 1 and 3 from Topatoco, and donated a bizarrely converted £10.33 so you can buy yourself 3.33 pints or whatever. Really enjoy the comic, keep it up man. :)

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Fuego Fish posted:

Is that a typo in the last panel? :ohdear:

Nope. Bab is a variant of 'babe' I guess. One of my friends from Birmingham uses it all the time. Makes me imagine Parley with a heavy brummie accent though. :colbert:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

People imagine her without one?!

Every time she says 'bab' or something similar I remember, but otherwise I keep forgetting. I blame Annie having a very posh accent with precise diction and all (in my head at least), throws me off. :argh:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Minrad posted:

Is it? The first time I ever saw the word "bab" was like two weeks ago. It was in a chatlog full of broken english, and the guy using it kept referring to himself as bab as well as the girl. :iiam:

Then again, she's already called Smitty babe a few times, so maybe it is just a typo!

Fairly sure Parley uses it when she first appears. AND YOU CALL YOURSELF A GC FAN :spergin:

e: yeah "Eya, what year you in, bab? :keke:"

e e: It was either the Webcomics Readers thread or one of the CAD mock threads, finally broke down and started reading it only a few months ago though.

mrpwase fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 4, 2011

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

CREAK

With badassery like that I don't rate the psycho rage ghost of hate's chances very highly.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Is he...is he a robot? :ohdear:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Ironic Twist posted:

Now I can just picture Kat's appearance getting girlier and girlier with each chapter until she's wearing caked-on makeup, hair extensions, and a long flowy evening gown with a fifteen-foot train held up by robot manservants.

And then Paz will walk by and go "wow, I didn't know drag queens went to our school".

We've been close before, I guess.

e: also that's the part of the archives where I noticed the art getting better and got excited :3:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

SexyBlindfold posted:

um actually as a person with knowledge in the field of psychology i can tell you that most technophobes hate robots because secretly they, themselves, are robots :colbert:

Does...does this mean Jones is a technophobe? :ohdear:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Perestroika posted:

Holy crap, that's the first time I notice that the picture of Jeanne there has the outline of a human skull. :psyduck:

:aaa:

I now like that picture a hell of a lot more.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

On the one hand, I'm reluctant to urge Tom to price his work more highly, because it means I'd no longer be able to afford it. On the other hand, gently caress THAT DO IT CHARGE MORE MONEY!

Got Vols. 1 and 3 in the post, they're amazing. I keep noticing stuff I never saw in the online edition, I guess because I'm closer to it and more involved in reading it. Well worth it, thanks Tom. :)

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Ironic Twist posted:

God help us all if they cut the fourth wall in half.

I'm not gonna read for the next few weeks in case I spontaneously start bleeding.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

farraday posted:

Amidst all the strangeness it looks like smitface calls Parley "Pearl".

Daaaaw :3:

I thought shadow2 talked by vibrating against the surface he was on. How will he talk now?

Maybe that's why he's talking strangely...and no other reason whatsoever. :ohdear:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

What, isn't it obvious? The entire court is Birmingham.

And my name is Tom so obviously it's canon :smug:

(the city in Zimmy's head is Coventry)

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Fatkraken posted:

Next years dorms will be the Bull Ring

"Each student sleeps in their own individual 300 sq ft retail subdivision. These are fully equipped with a counter, till, shelving, POS, and a Yo! Sushi."

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I once got told off for wearing a hat on non-school-uniform-day. Stupid head things.

(did Robot always have a bandage on his right arm?)

vv :argh:

mrpwase fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Dec 7, 2011

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Hey so something was bothering me while reading the Guardian's website, and I finally figured it out:

...is Marina Hyde a robot? :ohdear:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

The hair! It goes up!

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Ironic Twist posted:

I imagine that when Eglamore and Annie meet again, it's going to be very awkward.

What are you talking about? Eglamore's right there.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I think I might claim this one. "But still. Standing up for a friend. A noble act that cannot be dismissed."

...text is a bit clunky, any ideas?

Fecha posted:

Incidentally, I was curious as to when Red mentioned a fish guy. Enjoy rereading twenty chapters!

:argh:

I re-read the entire thing recently while visiting my parents, just wish I had the second volume to make it easier.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Cabbit posted:

I think just "A noble act that cannot be dismissed." stands on on its own.

I think I agree with you. :)

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Podima posted:

Or this one:
for slightly less headache-inducing animation!
But I definitely lack a good bit of avatar text for this one. :(

A post?
I demand to see it!

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Number 169 posted:

When was she trying to show Kat that? Someone link me? I don't need sleep.

Enjoy your comic insomnia.

^ :argh:

Edit, being loving beaten; a noble act that cannot be dismissed.

mrpwase fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jan 18, 2012

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

GROOONK!

Some brilliant faces today.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Aceofblue posted:

Oh! :ohdear: I didn't know. Alright then, to TopatoCo I go.

You could do what I did, buy them from Amazon and then donate to Tom through Paypal?

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

RickoniX posted:

Quick question, is there a reason the RSS feed generally doesn't update until like 10 hours after the comic comes out?

It's a trick to annoy you enough to make the effort to remember to check obsessively every M-W-F morning. Worked for me.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I'm not the best at avatars, but...just sayin'.

Also :stare:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

That and Kirrus needs to pony up and buy an avatar already. I don't recall seeing any stupid newbies in GC :colbert:

(besides Red & Co)

e: oh, hey, whaddya know.

vvvvvvvvv someone buy that fucker a boxbot

mrpwase fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 12, 2012

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Ysengrim :ohdear:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Oh great a new comic is u-

:stare:

:stonk:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Jones is Edward.

:ms:

I really like this page.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

Elizabeth Langdon, looking like a longish time before the last update - possibly long enough time that she had a different name in between being Elizabeth and being Emma (not that it matters). The caption, "Everything is taken from her," makes me wonder if this incident was the first time this sort of thing has happened to her. Clearly, like most immortals, she takes new names and moves on in order to avoid being discovered (at least until she came to the Court where people don't seem to care so much about that sort of weirdness), but if she stuck around long enough to be thought of as an "old heiress," then it might be she began as Elizabeth Langdon. And, if not, it may be noteworthy to learn how she became an heiress in the first place.

Or, to summarise, :psyduck:.

v mystery solved.

mrpwase fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Oct 12, 2012

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Aww man, I came here to post this. Jones is now the Terminator no exceptions.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Look at that pudgy lil belly :3:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Kapaz is so unwieldy. If you really must insist on doing the compound shipping name thing, it's Pat

Kaz. :colbert:

Tom would agree!

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

The Renard chain is broken. This is a game changer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

They also make sense if you're trying to convey a sense of touch on skin, where a robot might have proximity sensors or something instead.