Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
So are we going to spend the next three pages speculating over why Parley's chest is all lit up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I imagine when Smitty and Parley get married, they just fast forward to the point where they're both dead and buried next to each other.

inthesto fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Oct 3, 2010

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
There's something a little bit eerie about Surma in that fifth panel.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Am I the only one who immediately thought that Kat's mom is lying for some reason (probably to cloud the plot even more)?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Annie's secretly plotting revenge on Jack by preparing his body to be the next host for Renardine. :pwn:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Everything will end up okay for Jack when a robotics project he and Kat are working on goes wrong and he ends up tarred and feathered as a result.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Is this the first time we've seen Annie with her hair all disheveled like that?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Okay, panel five really is something special.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Have we had any clues as to how Ysengrim's body got so messed up?

Something tells me that it's going to be something tragic, like he saved Renard's life, and neither Renard or Coyote give a poo poo.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Oxxidation posted:

You try sealing yourself up in a wooden suit for days or weeks at a time.

His body has just atrophied from lack of use, to the point where he needs to use his tree powers to get around at all.

That doesn't explain why Ys is missing an ear.

I'm under the impression that the tree-body came after his real body got FUBARed.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Wait, does this mean Anthony is actually Zombie Coyote?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
GKC seems to attract the type of fans that examine every minute detail in every panel and then stretch them beyond all reason to jump to insane conclusions.

I always figured Tom's short comments like "That is not Gamma's mom" were just to poke fun at the behavior rather than to actually dissuade it, since you know the fans are going to do it anyway.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I see somebody's been playing some Street Fighter while Annie was hanging out in the forest.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The expression on Jack's face in panel six is a nice touch.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
So here's to hoping that Annie and Jack will be holding hands by the end of the chapter

(They won't be)

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Soylentbits posted:

Did uh...

Did Annie just propose to Jack?

I had completely forgotten about the blinker stone = marriage proposal thing until now.

I guess that clears any ambiguity about panel 5.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Okay, maybe I misremembered, but the point is that it's a romantic gesture.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I'm sure the story is completely innocuous and Winsbury is just yanking Paz's chain like a total jerk.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
And now she has a giant thumbprint on her forehead.

Annie, you jerk.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Paz is pretty unlucky.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Dmitri-9 posted:

Thats part of the problem. Jack has been nothing but critical of Annie and Annie is emotionally distant and suspicious of him. Now Jack is like Walter Raleigh's more chivalrous cousin and Annie is flirting with him because he is the last unpaired male of the species in the room. That is like bad fanfic writing e.g. Matt crashing into Chang'e making her drop all of her cliches on the floor.

Jack flirted with Annie even while he was possessed by the spider-thing during the date-gone-wrong, and made a pass at her right before summer vacation. Annie is now much more receptive to him to show that she's loosened up after spending a summer with Coyote & Co.

It's not bad fanfic writing; you just need to be a little bit better at reading.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I will only accept this chapter as good if it ends with Jack flying away on a robot cow. :colbert:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
We know that Jack is mechanically proficient (disabled security similar to how Kat did it), is something of a rascal (doused his buddies in the rain and set up a laser cow field), and is a smooth operator (took Annie out for a boat ride on her first date :swoon:).

It's actually funny how, in the chapter that Jack was introduced, he seemed to be getting along with Kat more than anyone else.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Is Annie playing hard to get? Is Jack playing it off smooth? Are they both being genuine?

OH GOD I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK ANYMORE :supaburn:

Completely baseless guess: Jack was put up to this by his father to spy on Surma's daughter, but Jack's actually got the hots for Kat Zimmy Reynard Boxbot Paz (hey, she could use a break)

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

1stGear posted:

Annie's expression doesn't match her words in Panel 2 and 4, its implied that she's the one who scooted close on the last page, and this is totally buying time so Tom can cut to the next mini-story and have the smooching be the climax of the chapter.

I don't know what's weirder, analyzing a teenage romance or doing it while the comic creator is in the thread. :ohdear:

It's also kind of hard to ignore panel 5 on this page

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Ka0 posted:

I don't know what's going to happen... so good job Tom.

I'm still banking on robot cows descending from the sky.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Okay so it's confirmed that brain spiders do indeed cause permanent damage.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
To be fair, Zimmy's got a pretty smile.

A real pretty smile.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Mocha Caveman posted:

I was thinking of getting this as an avatar:

Any suggestions for text, or is best just left blank?

Would "MAI WAIFU" in giant red letters be too much?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Wow, Annie is just getting slammed.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Wow, Annie sure can be petty.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
All those times Annie's helped Zimmy, and now she's calling her a deranged psychopath.

I thought you were better than that, Carver. :saddowns:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Jack fuckin rules, he's smooth as hell. :allears:

Every panel, we're one step closer to Jack just throwing on some shades and flying away on a laser cow.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Kuros posted:

Jack is secretly a water elemental.

He does seem to be handling the flow of things pretty well.

:tinfoil:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Wait a second, am I to understand that Jack's parents are velociraptors?

Also Annie is undoing her hair, poo poo's about to get real. :ohdear:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Don't fall for it, Jack. This was all part of her plan to continue stringing you along.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Maybe I'm insane, but I still think it's a 50/50 over whether Jack means no or if he's going to pull yet another smooth move. This is a Friday update, after all.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Monday's update is going to be a splash page of Bud's giant etheric form, and it will be wonderful.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Tennis girl seems really familiar for some reason. I do love the hair on the other girl, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The problem is that there seems to be a fairly consistent inverse correlation between the quality of a webcomic and how much cash it rakes in.