Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Coyote is only doing this because he thinks it's funny.

The name Wandering Eye reminds me of the Graeae from Greek Mythology, three witches with one eye between them. Also one tooth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

illie posted:

That's adorable. Looking at his expression in the last panel though I can't help but think of the last time Annie tried to hug him and the caption "Pictured: Stupidest thing Annie's ever done"

So far. :pseudo:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I love all this character development Ysegrin has been getting. I love this pep talk he's giving Annie, it's very sage-like.
He's so much more than a mean old wolf after all. :3:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Just reread the first year and noticed that Robot called Kat an angel when he first saw her, first time round I thought it was a throwaway line because he thought he was dead.
I also noticed Kat started wearing the shirt of the boy that turned into a bird. :3:

Also:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Time to make all the decisions!

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I'm just glad none of you are businessmen.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Oh wow, hippie Annie is the best Annie. :allears:
I really do love how Tom ages and changes the characters.

I wonder how long until we see Kat, or more importantly how mad she'll be!

Fame Throwa posted:

Duuuude, that is so my new av, if nobody else wants it. City Face is really awesome.

Haha, truly a wise business decision!

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Tarezax posted:

All I have to say about the page itself: :3:

Aw, you weren't kidding. :3:

Elysiume posted:

Like what people have said, I feel like it might strain her relationship with Kat. Not just because of the forest/court thing, but because she vanished for an entire summer. I went back to look at the treatise; I'd forgotten how beautiful it was. I wonder if Jeanne is going to become more relevant.

I'm not sure how divided Kat and Annie are going to be, if you look at the treatise, they're still tied together through Annie's hair, and through a heart at that.
I imagine Kat will yell at Annie, and then she'll hug her and cry a bit.
Unless a science experiment went terribly wrong and she's now a cold unfeeling robot :ohdear:
I kid.

The story seems to be leading to Jeanne and her elf(?) lover, who he was, why the Court stopped them, and what they killed him with that made the water impassable.
Also robots.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I'm pretty sure we've heard all we're going to hear about the forest for now.

quote:

And that clears up The Mystery of Jones.

I love how he handles these things.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Yeah, I think Coyote was just taking the form of an elf when he was "romancing" Annie off the forest because he thought it'd be funny.

But yeah, the green guy getting shot, and the artifact they shot him with seems to be what cursed the Annan waters.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
That's cold Kat. :smith:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Why? Because she's emotionally drained and not sure whether she's angry or not at Annie and now Annie's trying to make up for a summer of not even writing to her friend with stupid antics?

Oh please, Kat basically said "I'm tired of being friends with the weird kid."
She's in the wrong here. :colbert:

kidcoelacanth posted:

Everyone seems to be missing Annie's :krad: parkour moves. Good stuff.

That was pretty sweet.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
And here's Coyote saying it doesn't sound right that Renard would try to hurt her:
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=496

I say it was all a ruse. He always intended to take the stuffed animal.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I think I figured out how Annie spent her summer.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Oxxidation posted:

Who the gently caress designed this dorm

Also, this is the worst April Pools Joke ever. :(

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

cultureulterior posted:

The crab is marcellus wallace's soul.

Ugh, this is the worst theory.

Also the crab is obviously Jones.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Kat is a jerk. :colbert:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Saoshyant posted:

Man, just look at this loving panel. Look at it, I say. It brings a tear to my eye how far his skills have come.

Kat leaning against Renard like that is adorable. :3:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Also :3: at Annie keeping her barefoot hippie ways.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

VanSandman posted:

Yes, Annie's rebelliousness and flippant attitude seem to be worrying Kat. I wonder what will come of it?

Well it goes back to the last treatise, Annie of the forest and Kat of the court.
They're united by love, but there is a sword in the heart. :ohdear:

Looking back at the treatise, it is interesting that Renard is on Kat/the Court's side.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
:stalker:

Nothing good is going to come from these robot obsessions.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

SynthOrange posted:

So can someone remind me where the current robots come from then if Kat has to rediscover all this stuff? I thought that they were just made by the folks at the court, but apparently not?

I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned that the robots build themselves. And seem to govern themselves as well (All the way back to Annie pretending to be a robot to get Robot's chip)
And that Robot's original body was a simplified, or less elegant version of one of Diego's originals.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
He's turning into Diego. :ohdear:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Aw, robots are so polite.

quote:

She wants to thank him for the free door.

As is Kat, apparently.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

SynthOrange posted:

It felt like it was all setup with little payoff at the end, if it makes any sense. Very little got explained besides the tomb, then the robot goes 'Welp, time to die.'

And everything that he'd seen was lost like tears in the rain.

I agree though, I get you couldn't have the robot sit down for a Q&A and give everything away, but the ending was just, really rushed.
The set-up was really wonderful though.

So other than creating a creepy cult, what exactly is Jeanne's painting reprogramming the robots to do. :ohdear:

wyoming fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 27, 2011

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

It's even more disturbing out of context!

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

kidcoelacanth posted:

How did we make the jump from "couples gift" -> "marriage proposal"?? It's never been anything more than a thing that guys got for girls they liked afaik.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=523

Yup, just between couples.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

"Bismuth, a trivalent poor metal, resembles arsenic and antimony."

:aaaaa:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Tea-san posted:

Hey man, you missed a few words out of your post. Here, I'll post the comments you Tweeted at me:

And here's part of the stuff you said on my forum:

Thanks for your interest!

This is hilarious. :allears:
You're a saint Tom.

Revolver Bunker posted:

A bit late to this since I was on vacation but I wasn't implying the "nip in the bud". The phrase I used is something I've heard in the US and I had no idea it could be taken like that in the UK.

You seem to be misunderstanding, you did mean "nip it in the bud." Using butt is incorrect, as it's ignoring the original context of the saying, I'm sure tons of people do say "nip it in the butt", but it's incorrect. :spergin:

Ka0 posted:

Stop talking about the anime troll, talk more about how Annie is going to avoid getting smooched.

No way, it's going to be like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lOBc3QZD9w
Complete with the singing crab. :v:

wyoming fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Aug 29, 2011

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Dammit Who? posted:

Have you ever been a teenager or been around them

Haha, yeah. It's kind of funny that people are dumbfounded by teenagers acting like teenagers in fiction.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

1stGear posted:

Dawwwwwwwwww

why am I getting excited over 14-year olds kissing what is wrong with me

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
If anything Annie will use the stone to spy on what he's up to.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Neil Gaiman linked it in his blog:
http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2006/06/sunday-tabs-etc.html

Neil Gaiman posted:

While sick in bed last week, I got to read what's out there so far of Gunnerkrigg Court, a really enjoyable webcomic, of the kind that will undoubtedly be out sooner or later in paper form (actually it looks the author's self-publishing it currently in paper form -- http://www.lulu.com/content/215167). It starts at
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=1. Lots of different flavours in there -- it's a semi-gothic funny-sweet school story with mysteries and robots and so forth -- but I kept finding myself reminded of the early days of reading Bone. Nice stuff.

Crazy to think I've been reading it since '06.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

killerwhat posted:

My favourite bit of Coyote is when he is first introduced. Hahaha I just can't get enough of that page. Coyote :allears:

I love how elegant serious he looks in that last panel.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Okay so, the Court killed the elf, but it trapped Jeanne down there, and Diego refereed to her as the sacrifice, not the elf. (Though maybe that was just to him)
Jeanne has said that all that is left of her is hate, so I can't imagine she's what makes the waters impassible, why would she protect the Court? So maybe the device did literally split her heart as it did to her lover, maybe two with a bond were needed to power it? Mutt seemed to know she was trapped by it, but didn't seem to recognize she was part of it, he didn't think she'd be able to cross the river.
Anyway, If they manage to remove the device it would set Jeanne free, which would be bad for the Court, which might be Coyote's plan. Haha chaos!
I bet removing the barrier will give the forest control of all the trees the court has smuggled over as well. General Ysengrin reigns :ohdear:

I've also been wondering if this is going to be the last year of the story, it seems we're getting close to a confrontation with Jeanne and Annie's father is supposed to come back this year as well isn't he?
Or maybe Tom has ideas for years, like, Kat becomes a robot, maybe Mort gets a cell phone, has Annie ever owned a bear?
Or, how 'bout a crazy wedding? Where something happens and doo doo doo doo doo...

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Jeanne doesn't protect the court so much as kill anyone who goes down into the crevice indiscriminately.

While I agree she doesn't protect the court, she hasn't killed anyone.
She cut Annie's face, and attacked her and Parley later, but Parley could tell she was holding back.
And Ysengrin went down there and killed the treacherous fairies, not Jeanne.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I feel like I'm laughing more than the sword.
I love this comic.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
He's becoming a real boy!
Or dying, exciting either way!

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I'm not sure why Shadow wearing clothes is so cute, but it definitely is. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I love how happy Annie is to see the banners from the forest.
:3: