Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
You hit the robot.
The robot is severely wounded!
Coyote thinks this is hilarious!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Coach Sport posted:

also, I wonder if the general robotic fixation on angels has to do with their programming to love Jeanne. I mean, Diego probably didn't literally program his robots to love her in the same romantic way he loves her, he might've programmed them to look up to her as an angel instead. Maybe their obsession with Kat is a result of their love-circuits getting crossed somehow?

Undoubtedly. Kat fixes them when they break and she helped them find the image of their goddess, therefore she is an angel in the service of their beloved goddess Jeanne.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Tupperwarez posted:

Goddammit, now you've got me imagining a Jojo/Dio style battle between Jeanne and Annie.

For the life of me I cannot imagine Jeanne trying to drop a steamroller on anyone.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Hmm, anyone mind if I grab this? Just need to think of a caption.

I don't hate anyone.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

pandaK posted:

Do you have java downloaded

Javascript is not Java.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

loquacius posted:

Considering taking this; I've been sporting Scary Gamzee for way too long. Suggestions for title text?

There's no need for title text — look at it!

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Lord of Laughton posted:

Phew...caught up now.

When Annie was in Zimmys hallucination, why was Gamma calling her Zimmy? Or is this an as-of-yet unexplained thing?

That was actually Zimmy. She'd imagined herself to be Annie, and Annie to be Zimmy.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Cowcaster posted:

oh noooo

Kateretak's derp-eyes get all the wire strippers hot and bothered

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Dodgeball posted:

Weeeeeee!

You should have it slow down as it reaches Annie's face and then have it pause for a moment.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Cozz posted:

I was thinking this morning, and Renard has never joined Annie when she's gone etheral with Jeanne right? I think having a wolf would be pretty useful in that situation, but I'm sure Annie has her reasons for not taking Renard with her.

Well, Renard's true form is a fox, not a wolf. But no, he's never gone down there with her.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
The eventual battle with Jeanne is going to be a heart-render, I can already feel it.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

The Walker posted:

I hadn't noticed them in panels 1 and 3 at first. Interesting.

I think she's just dazed.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

pandaK posted:

Wait I'm still a bit confused as to who's who in the adult flashback. Which one is Jones?

None of them. They just mention her in the second panel.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Well, it is kinda the only way she knows to deal with painful or upsetting emotions. It worked in the past, so it probably is all she knows.

She also knows sobbing, running off into the forest, and setting her teachers on fire :v:

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Soylentbits posted:

You know I used to think that Anthony looked kind of like an alien. I've since decided that his face was drawn like a moth.

I've seen plenty of sneaky attempts to fill threads with horrible puns, but these have been especially flagrant.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Nettle Soup posted:

Is http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/ timing out for anyone else?

isup.me says it's down at the moment.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

DaveWoo posted:

So obvious, it makes me wonder why Annie's mother/grandmother/etc never thought of it...

The fire in their soul probably compels them to reproduce naturally.

Didn't we have a big old discussion about this just a few pages back?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
So! Wonder what the next chapter's gonna be about.

Still seems too early for the Battle at the Annan Waters... wasn't Tom hinting at another Zimmy chapter a while ago?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Fangz posted:

Are we sure this is Zimmy dreaming?

There is no distinction between Zimmy dreaming and Zimmy just walking around and doing stuff, so yes.

quote:

I can make a somewhat reasonable argument that actually, Annie is jealous of Zimmy. Zimmy at least has Gamma. Annie is in a similar situation, but her closest friend, Kat, can never be part of many of the problems that trouble her, and will never be as close as Gamma is to Zimmy.

Perhaps it goes both ways!

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Scrree posted:

???

???

It looks like the symbol on the last panel here.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Oneiros posted:

This is going to be one of those chapters, isn't it?

:tinfoil: option: Everyone has a secret pigeon, but only Gamma and Zimmy can see them.

Maybe it's more generic: Everyone has a secret head-animal that says their owner's thoughts out loud. Kat and Paz have pigeons, Annie has a little wolf cub or fox kit, Eglamore has a dragon whelp...

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Tollymain posted:

This looks like a reference to laughinggirls.jpg :v::allears:

>SHE STILL USES A BLINKER STONE

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Fangz posted:

You know, maybe we should reassess Zimmy's mean mistranslations - perhaps she translated what people truly thought, instead of what they said.

But that would mean that everyone really does think Gamma is stupid and ugly and I don't wanna think about that :ohdear:

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

idonotlikepeas posted:

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Zenzirouj posted:

you can just go right to hell you motherfucker

Are you just saying these things because he's showing you pictures of paintings you'll probably never own?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Did you know? I was a wallet once!

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Fangz posted:

I'm wondering if this is all a distraction actually, with the spider at the start signalling that this is all because Jack did something to the blinker stone when she handed it to him.

I don't get what else Jack would want with Annie, is the thing. I'm pretty sure that chapter is closed.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
So, um. Looks like flashback Kat still has headpigeons.

Does that mean that present-day Kat has found her way into the dream, or will we be getting a look into past Kat's thoughts, I wonder?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

thespaceinvader posted:

I totally thought the top left was the :3:est batman for a second there :D

It's the :3:est something, I'll tell ya that much.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

YF-23 posted:

It needn't be maliciousness, he could be doing this out of benevolence. Hell for all we know he may may even have Annie's consent to do this.

:geno: "Consent is not necessary before saving someone's life. Consent is implied by the very act."

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Olivia42 posted:

I think it's because Diego programmed the robots to hate Sir Young as he did. One of those great subtle things from this comic.

Not just Sir Young, but all Protectors of the Court. That's why the laser cow said "Get your hands off me" when Eglamore petted it.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
At least now we have a much firmer idea of Jack's chances with Zimmy :v:

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

"Bleagh!"

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
אל תירא

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
I see two different possibilities:
1) This is a vision of Kat's real identity, either what she is or what she will one day become.
2) This is simply a metaphorical vision of the way that the robots perceive her – which might mean that the ether is affected by the collective consciousness of the robots just as much as by living beings.

I think #2 is more likely, but either one is cool for its own reasons.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

juniperjones posted:

Refresh my memory... where is this coming from?

The robots perceive Kat as an angel, in at least the metaphorical sense.

Angels, traditionally, are both beautiful and terrifying in their appearance.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

The Lord of Hats posted:

I have no objections to this. Actually, I'd really love it if we saw Kat in Zimmyvision in some active panels.

I'm hoping for at least one panel of Fire Sprite and Robornithangel together before the chapter's out.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Revolver Bunker posted:

That just popped a crazy theory in my head. Future Kat created the Tic Tocs and using a magic/science ethereal machine sent them back in time to watch over not only Annie but all previous iterations of the fire elemental. This is because something happens in the future that will jeopardize the existence of Annie. My guess will be something that Anthony Carver will do. But since Kat can't be sure of the exact location of Annie and the previous fire elementals she creates a mass quantity of them so they can watch over the whole court.

I've seen this theory pop up in a couple of places on the net, and the more I think about it, the more I like it.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Man Whore posted:

I started reading this to find out where all the avatars were coming from,Then I couldn't stop. I read the whole thing over two days. The only thing I can say is wow,this is the best web comic I ever read. Now I'm disappointed I'll actually have to wait for updates.

If it's any consolation, you probably picked the best time to have caught up since the end of Fire Spike.

I caught up at the end of Faraway Morning, myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Fargo Fukes posted:

Google image search "over shoulder look". Go on. I dare you. You will discover that the whole modelling industry disagrees with you, that the over-the-shoulder look is hugely popular as an attractive pose, and however much an rear end in a top hat you think I am, you're still completely blinded to any sort of criticism because you associate yourself with a goddamn webcomic and anything nasty said about it, however meekly put, has to be responded to with overwhelming force and vehemence.

Says the rear end in a top hat pedophile.

Jesus Christ, dude. It's not that you criticized the comic. It's that your criticism was dumb and weird and made no sense to anyone but yourself.

And of course a GIS sample of "over shoulder look" is going to have a sexual bias. That doesn't mean that looking over one's shoulder is an inherently sexual act.