Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

DrSnakeLaser posted:

I always assumed that Annie's dislike of Eglamore came from him being pretty vocal about Anthony. Of the teachers and former friends, he's the most critical.

We have yet to get a bead on what the other staff (Jones, et al) think of Anthony's return. That'd be interesting to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

So is it okay for me to treat this comic the same way I treat Megatokyo, which is to not read it for months at a time because of the molasses-slow plot progression due to the author's own unresolved neuroses?

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Ditocoaf posted:

If we cut to a lighthearted, mostly-irrelevant-to-what-just-happened storyline next, I'll be pissed.

It's 10 pages of City Face first, then you'll get your lighthearted, mostly-irrelevant-to-what-just-happened storyline.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

SynthOrange posted:

Oh my god I was kidding before but it really is her room. :cry:

Goddamnit, Tom.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

So....what exactly did Surma see in Tony, again?

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

The entire house is empty and he spends his evenings in silence.

Sounds like a well-adjusted human being to me. :v:

Yep, I'm leaning towards Brightman's robot plot. Probably executed by Boxbot.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Mikl posted:

Wolfdad nooooo :ohdear:

Wolfdad is disappoint

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

I'd be satisfied with Elgamore breaking his damned jaw for being such a jerk.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Paramemetic posted:

Mythologically speaking Coyote has always been his own worst enemy, especially when he convinces himself he's the hot poo poo. Entirely possible that he straight up didn't realize that Ysengrin has always admired him for his strength and power and that he was never personally loyal to him. Coyote loving up in this way is not unheard of, and we shouldn't forget that Coyote also routinely fucks up at the whole "being a god" thing. For example in some mythologies Coyote was hanging out with the Creator God but couldn't stop laughing, so everything he tried to make was garbo. Within Gunnerkrigg's mythology, Coyote famously hosed up at making people, hence the shadow people. So it's well established that Coyote, while powerful, isn't exactly competent. He just happened to cruise into a place where his power was sufficient to make him seem more competent than he is. He tricked himself.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Loup's about to learn a very valuable lesson: don't piss off the fire-headed girl.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Samuringa posted:

Loup is the fake

Because Coyote never existed

The greatest trick the Devil Coyote ever played.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

lih posted:

the problem with gunnerkrigg is clearly that too much happens. tom should have fully embraced its meandering nature long ago and largely abandoned plot in favour of pure slice-of-life

I wonder how many people would be complaining about a lack of plot?

Meanwhile, someone has....theories?

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

There Bias Two posted:

Oh great. This again.

Coyote Loup is Horny.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Galaxy brain theory: Boxbot's the author.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Potato Salad posted:

The story can perhaps be thought of as wrapped up with the amazing climax that was the unshackling of Jeanne and Annie's encounter with fate as a nacent psychopomp. The arc with the three fates and the time traveling Tictoc fits in nicely as an epilogue--a love letter about Kat and Annie's friendship that brings the mystery of the Anan Waters full circle.

That would have been the perfect endpoint for Gunnerkrigg Court the webcomic. If Tom really wanted to extend the franchise, he could do it in slice-of-life one-shots that don't depend on any long-running arc or the creative burnout that one could lead to. Think "City Face."

I respect webcomics that know when to fold, "The Adventures of Dr. McNinja" being one of them. Good from start to finish and it didn't try to linger on like a zombie corpse.