Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Tupperwarez posted:

I like it! It reminds me of those super-abstract Polish movie posters.

Was my first thought as well! Poland is famous for its weird graphic design, and everyone should take a look at some of their posters, to learn the meaning of true horror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Not in Paz's case, at least.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It always felt a bit forced to me, even if you read it as the appropiate spanish dialect (didn't know it was supposed to be gallego however). Don't get me wrong, it's an extremely minor nitpick and I love Paz, I just took it as a little bit stereotyped, yet not offensive or anything. I'm from South America but most of my family came from Spain.

Honest mistake or in purpose, I really don't have a problem with it.

(my english can sound pretty silly, too)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

^^^^ Urgh, that's not what I meant at all. It doesn't come off as "unrefined", just a bit unauthentic. ^^^^ (to clarify, I wasn't saying that it sounds too uneducated or rough, but rather the opposite)

Look, I didn't intend to cause a derail so I'm sorry. It's a really minor detail anyway.

quote:

Huh? I only found one mistake in all the dialogue Tom has written for Paz. I'm from South America too - Argentina, to be precise - and I'm actually amazed at how well written Paz's dialogue is, considering she's just a secondary character.

The grammar is fine, I mostly meant the tone was (just a bit) "forced" in that you can tell when it's written by a non-native speaker. It also isn't how a gallego "hick" would talk since that's more akin to portuguese. To give a comparison, some of the dialog was maybe -too- proper, like if I exclaimed "oh, it is a balloon" in english (just an example, the actual balloon line was fine); that's what I meant by "forced".

It is still very good despite that however, way better than what most movies/television portray as spanish/latino. Again, it was just a very minor spergy nitpick, so apologies for that.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Mar 26, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well we still have two more chances at seeing what Jonesy can do! (it will just be a perfect circle)

I guess we'll also get a Parley/Smitty collaborative City Face.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

So, I was trying to illustrate myself on this new, tragic character and I did a google search:

Poor Laundry List can't even burp, who knew.

vvv You know, the best thing about that avatar is that it makes everything written next to it look sarcastic vvv

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 28, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Tea-san posted:

For this page I made two pigeon feet out of wire and blu-tack and walked them across the page in front of the Birmingham museum.

:qq: M...my immersion :qq:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Conot posted:

You know what must happen.

You must be one of us now.

One of us.
One of us.

(also goddamit Annie will you stop treating the forest like a big joke this is what led to you nearly getting killed by wolfdog god last time)

Eh, she just grew used to it. Now she rolls her eyes and goes "Oh, Ysengrin..." and a laugh track is heard. Nobody knows where it comes from.

She still has to run for her life, of course.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

Ah, you've received the Avatar Fairy's blessing! Excellent. :getin:

When I join the GC avatar club, I think I'll pick Paz because I never see Paz avatars, and she's super cool. I think I saw a couple in the avatar repository, but nothing noteworthy. I can't get access to international credit cards too often so I'm not in a hurry however.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Holy poo poo, those are all awesome. I guess I didn't see all of the avatars! En mi defensa however, there's a lot of them.

vvv Wow, you are an extra cool dude. I'll be saving them for safekeeping, then! (can't buy one just yet) vvv

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 9, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well, I can forgive him because I wanna know about Kat's situation more than I want to know what was chasing them.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Nah, they would have burned that letter and yelled in disgust about how terrible it was. It cannot be Boxbot.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

This explains everything. Annie and Smitty were running from Beartato and Kat's love letter was from Reginald.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Maybe that's just one of Smitty's marbles.

"Did it look like this one?"

"NO IT DIDN'T! *rrRrrRARRrARAAAAAaaaaauUuUuUUUrrGGH*"

~a group of offended chickcharneys chases them furiously~

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

quote:

What if he's running from everyone that wants a marble.

Yeah, the most likely explanation is that they were running from a mob of animals asking smitty to find stuff from them. Which would explain why Annie was just laffin' it off.

When I first saw the deer head my first thought was this guy:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

A happy squirrel.

The happiest squirrel!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The best page.

Oh gosh, everything's just so wonderful in this update. Every single panel. I lost it at the bear first, then the octopus, and the horse... the cheeriest horse!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

SIIIIDDEEEEEEEEEELL! :argh:

Anoia posted:

I'm surprised anyone's still surprised a Friday strip is a cock tease.

Well, I didn't want to say it but that angle is pretty unfortunate in the third panel.

I'm an immature idiot. :negative:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

DaveWoo posted:

A stumpede?

A stampoda.

(It is a spanish joke, Paz would get it)
:goonsay:

Hey, when was the last time we saw Mort? Was it Mort Fun Time?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Akett posted:

I kind of like that Gigidigi didn't draw Annie with the olive/yellow lipstick, I've never been a fan of that color. I haven't read much of cucumber quest, but I've always thought GD was really good at using color.

When it comes to GGDG I consider "really good at color" to be an understatement. No matter how much color theory I read on and practice I still suck at it and seeing her work makes me burn with joy/jealousy.

MikeJF posted:

Annie it is your job to handle this now. :reject:

Some forest medium she turned out to be. :colbert:

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 6, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Obviously Friday's comic will explain everything about the love letter and not leave us hanging 'til next week. That is so obviously what will happen, you have no idea.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Know what, either outcome could be OK. It's probably the robot and this is likely a fakeout, but I was all like "You idiot loving shippers, it obviously isn't Paz!" and being proven wrong would actually feel pretty nice this time :nyoron: . If prepaid visas were a thing in my country I'd be buying that Paz avatar right now!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

^^^ Aren't they just poking fun at that chibisoma rant? ^^^

Wait, re-reading this one got me a little confused. When is this happening, exactly? Is it before or after they meet in the dining hall and Annie tells Kat what she was doing? (because Kat said there that she just had a guess at who was the author of the letter). Did Annie return from the forest, meet with Kat for lunch, then return to Parley and Smits while Kat went off to do her thing?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It was a collective letter written by all the lab mice.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Holy poo poo THANK YOU avatar fairy! Seriously you're the bestest! :haw:

quote:

I wonder if Tom will go back to Annie in the next update. :V

Oh crap I didn't even consider that possibility... surely even Tom couldn't be so evil!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

"Hey Bobby, stop teaching the mice to write OK?" Also Kat only has eyes for Boxbot.

Where should I go to find some good GC fanart? I don't use tumblr too much but is it an OK place for that? I try to avoid deviantart if I can.

vvv thanks mate! vvv

Rasamune posted:

Try https://fyeahgunnerkrigg.tumblr.com. It aggregates all the Gunnerkrigg fanart that gets posted to tumblr.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 15, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Bobby has bird legs. The chickcharney was a fakeout the whole time!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spaseman posted:

Now all we need to do is figure out who the mice are taking their orders from.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Hey, he just says he wrote it, it could still be from someone else! Red can't write too well :v:

(I am unserious.)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Tenebrais posted:

That definitely seems like a direction this could go in. She did notice the letter.

Maybe Paz will start thinking Bobby is a female now.

Yeah, she noticed and I interpeted the next panel as Paz putting everything together in her head. She probably knew about Bobby's deal.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

B..but with the monoeye, how do we know if it's the angriest face, or the saddest?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

No Kat that's not how you humiliate a robot. This girl's rebellious attitude won't stand in the court. It's that friend of her's fault, I tells ya.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I think Paz knew about Bobby's feelings (heh, yeah, like robots even have feelings) but felt it was best if Kat herself told him off. But really, either interpretation would be OK.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The Red Queen posted:

Okay, today was too cute, so I had to try my hand at making some avatars.

Paz blushing in her sun hat, cleaned up and flipped so it's facing the posts, with and without borders:

Paz and Bobby:

I hope I did this right!

Those are fantastic. Blushing Paz!

D'aww, this is the best update :3: go favorite character!

Sadly we're getting a perspective change on friday aren't we? :smith: (it'll turn out that Bobby and the Mice also loved Kat)

quote:

It'll turn out that literally EVERYONE loves Kat and she'll start going crazy because of all the attention and run far away and elope with Boxbot. How's THAT for a twist?!

Kat will be the most loved person in the Court, so she can only hang out with the least loved! It's so obvious, it has to happen now!

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 22, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Wrist Watch posted:

Oh hey, cool.

It was her, but only after the double mobius fakeout reacharound! :colbert:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The only acceptable switch would be Mort Fun Time part deux.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The letter literally said:

10 i think you are funny
20 i think you are smart
30 i think you are kind

Bobby is a great writer.

Kat, no rompas ese corazón! :argh:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Wasn't Chibisoma's original rant posted in GC's official forums first? At least when I wanted to find out about that and did some searches, I found the post over there.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

quote:

And it'd probably be a mostly futile attempt, in any case. These folks want to believe.

Yeah, sadly if there's something that defines shipping (besides being deeply stupid) is that they'll "ship" everyone and everything despite what the source material says just because they really really want to imagine said characters loving. Age, gender preferences or even being from different media doesn't factor at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Brightman posted:

One possible outcome I could see is Kat just fainting, but the hand being jerked away seems to be the more likely thing to happen given the setup. Most likely it'll switch back to Annie or say...Jones (why not?)

Jones, Mort and Bud go on an adventure! :swoon:

Yep, I'd read something like that. Jones mostly tags along to carry Bud's bucket.