Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I played Okami once. As that ends the extent of my knowledge of east Asian moon mythology I am looking forward to the rest of this story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Boxbot is Gilbert Gottfried.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Transfatuation posted:

Finally! It took 33 chapters of buildup, but at last Tom can start telling the story he's clearly been wanting to tell this whole time.

At last.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

She is talking about Annie's makeup.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Do you people really think that ChibiSoma is the first rear end in a top hat on the internet to obsess over how "totally lesbo" Annie and Kat are? I can remember it being a thing almost as long as Gunnerkrigg has been around.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Has anyone else noticed that all this ship teasing is coming about in chapter 34?

Has anyone else noticed that if you just try a little bit almost everything can be tied to one stupid internet meme or another?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

When did Eglamore get so short?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Minrad posted:

Red haired child by the name of Annie with the power of a fire spirit and a supernatural animal companion who turns into a doll, huh?

You should sue for rights, Tom!

(I think I posted this before but it was in the League thread so that's ok right?) :ohdear:

Why would he want to associate himself with this travesty in any way whatsoever.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

nothings posted:

Simple matter of flipping the whole thing, then flipping the text back. (Ok, the real work is then fixing the cut-off 'u', but it's easy to copy the other u.)

Not that you probably want to spend another $5 on it at this point.

If you ask a mod nicely they're usually understanding about this sort of thing.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh noooo

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

BOOOOORING let's get back to some motherfucking math up in this piece.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The static represents a bad cell connection. A difficult metaphor to grasp I'm sure.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Dodgeball posted:

Stolen from 100 HOGS AGREE in the achewood thread:

Oh my goodness.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

What I want to know is why a jiang shi decided to marry a half fire elemental.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I think the reason he doesn't want her to say the message might be a sort of "we don't know who could be listening" sort of deal.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Wrist Watch posted:

Oh yeah well what's Boxbot smart guy :smugbert:

Bowel obstruction.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Oops I tripped and fell on my computer and oops accidentally went to topatoco and entered in my credit card number whoops just clicked a bunch of gunnerkrigg stuff uh oh now I've bought it clumsy me.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

He might just not care where he slaps the door on the wall so long as it opens to where he needs to go which in this case would be more or less near where the physical door opens.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Satellites are these neat devices that orbit the entire planet. That they are launching the stuff to meet it from a point in the court near the forest means next to nothing, especially considering Donny has already given an explanation for doing so.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 28, 2012

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Donny and Anja have a magic computer that can do some things but not some other things.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Anthony Carver is a medical doctor who is taping up Annie's foot and Annie is looking both as though this was an unexpected development as well as in a minor amount of distress which would not be the case were she preparing for a competition and points to the reasonable conclusion that she is injured perhaps a sprained ankle or similar problem which can be treated by keeping the joint stiff through the use of a bandage such as the one Anthony is applying.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 2, 2012

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Ironic Twist posted:

Sorry I asked.

Sorry I'm just annoyed that Tea-san goes to the trouble of having good, expressive art and doesn't feel the need to crush everything with an avalanche of words yet people consistently mix up characters and come up with the goofiest explanations for the simplest things.

Especially considering a lot of these same people spend their time making fun of comics like ctrl alt del for doing the opposite.

edit: Basically I just love gunnerkrigg court so much guys.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 2, 2012

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

You guys could always buy delightful gunnerkrigg merchandise and use the delightful donate to gunnerkrigg button to make up for the hundo he'll miss out on by not winning a random internet poll.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

If it's a mod the avatar changes are free guys.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Guys I know you're excited about getting new avatars and all but I think this is getting a little out of hand.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

It's just not the same without Roast Beef floating up into the sky and expressing worry over whether he may be developing attractions to corpulent women.

Would you like some fritatta.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Carbon monoxide, the silent killer :(

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Tea-san I demand less updates a week. Update once a month. Or a year. And draw real ugly instead of good. You're making other webcomics look bad.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

A soft, pliable bonespire.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

You guys realize Zimmy can be calling Jack Annie's boyfriend for no other reason than she's a jerk and doesn't care right?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Oh man that's a good page.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

In my mind Coyote sounds like Principal Scudworth from Clone High.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Gunnerkrigg doesn't really seem like the kind of story that's going to end with Antimony lobotomized in a shadow government's secret facility ala Brazil.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

"Hey Kat, hold my beer and watch this!"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Do people in this thread just not know what the word "cliffhanger" means? "Waiting to see the next comic" is not a cliffhanger.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Quiet you.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

What a drama queen.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Shavnir posted:

See, now this is a cliffhanger.

No, no it isn't.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Elysiume posted:

It's not really a dilemma or problem. Yes, it's a revelation, but it's not like anyone is in any danger. Nobody is hanging off of a cliff.

More importantly, the plot itself is not being left hanging. If there were an antimony symbol at the bottom left corner of the page, and then on Monday we started up a new chapter about Kat fighting aliens from space, then it would be a cliffhanger because everything about the revelation would be put on hold completely unresolved. As it is there's no reason not to expect literally the next page to keep moving the plot forward.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cat Mattress posted:

Let's dance!

Throw in one of Tom's favorite youtubes and we've got something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu-0UcAzJaI