Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I decided to give this comic a shot the other day after half-remembering that goons liked it. Holy poo poo, it owns. I started at the beginning and am now all caught up and I need more. Make it go faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I guess everyone just assumes Kat's a lesbian because she's a mechanic and wears overalls a lot. Obviously the truth is that she was staring at Robby, though.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Ugh. Another girl-on-robot swordfight. Interest level plummeting.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

FactsAreUseless posted:

No. I don't. :colbert:

Is that because you are a robot?

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm thinking about going to Leeds. It's not like I have anything else to do.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Well if you do go up give us a bell!

e: wait I changed my account, you probably don't know who this is.

correct I have no idea.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I love Parley and Smitty and this is my favourite picture of them ever.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Robot friend. :3:

(There's a typo in panel 4, by the way.)

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ymgve posted:

Is it just me, or does it look like the Foley students got the most run down buildings? Grime and cracks everywhere.

Olivia42 posted:

There's grime and cracks all over Gunnerkrigg. That's part of its charm.

It was established when Antimony first met Coyote that the Gunnerkrigg administration (at least, the headmaster) does not give much of a poo poo about the forest. Not a big surprise that Foley doesn't get treated too well, seeing as how it seems to be made up of ex-foresters.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Mr. Vile posted:

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=294

The key word was "hear", indeed.

Wait, hasn't it only been a year and a bit since that point? Antimony's in third year now, right? Or am I misremembering?

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Having another re-read, just got to my favourite chapter.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=607

Was it ever explained why the cows don't cut the grass around that monument?

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Oh, poo poo, of course. That's great.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ymgve posted:

I'm surprised that no one has discussed the most important reveal of this page:

Zimmy is from Australia!

What do you mean they also say 'mate' in other countries?

I heard that line in an East End accent. Reckon Zimmy's a Londoner.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So, dream-Jones gave Annie the mask in the forest. I wonder what that means? Zimmy assumed that Annie had a thing for Jones initially. I think it's more likely that Annie admires the way Jones handles herself, assumes it must stem from her lack of emotion, and has been trying to emulate that emotionlessness to make herself stronger. It doesn't work, though. Annie's too attached to Kat to keep the mask on around her, and even when she wears it it's easy to get a rise out of her anyway.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Doing a bit of a re-read. This page confuses me a little. That's a Rogat Orjak, right? It doesn't look quite like Sivo, but he has a spike through the same forelimb that Sivo did. Anyone know what the relevance of this is? Why would Zimmy have something so specific in her head before she came to the Court? Even if you blur the line between memory and hallucination, Zimmy doesn't really know anything about Reynardine pre-dollification.

In the same chapter she talks about her hallucinations becoming real when things get really bad. I'm starting to wonder just how much that's happened.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I still think she's some kind of robot.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Jones may be "not alive" in the specific sense of the word, in that she doesn't seem to eat, grow, or have the capability to reproduce, which are some of the characteristics that living things "must" have. I'd imagine that she is still sentient and conscious, which is good enough a synonym for "alive" for me. Stop being pedantic, Jones. You're really old and it doesn't suit.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I like the idea that Jones, Coyote and all the incredible stuff happening at the Court are just the manifestations of humans trying to solve problems and paradoxes. The footprints were there, and humanity just filled them in. The stars were there, so humans manifested Coyote to put them there.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Osmosisch posted:

It's like, once a new God comes into existence, it has always existed. It just hadn't always existed yesterday.

Maybe this is the nature of "man's endeavour to become God".

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Wikiman posted:

Yeah, but all the robots that are actually different in some way have been awesome.

Not all of them. <:mad:>

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I doubt the headmaster has some benevolent master plan for Annie. We've all seen how little he respects the inhabitants of Gillitie Wood. This seems like a giant middle finger to Coyote.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Hah, this has been such a great chapter. The headmaster tried to be a prick about things and everybody involved was like "uh, actually, you're not getting anything you want here".

I guess it's pretty possible that this is all part of the headmaster's scheme, since the Court now basically has three mediums. Media. But Coyote knows a ruse when he sees one, and he hasn't said anything about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Zero Star posted:

Tell me about it. One post in this thread, and within minutes I had this avatar. :3:

And a Hitchhiker's reference, to boot. *doggy-5*

I find myself wondering whether the Court is going to try and betray Annie like they did Jeanne.