Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I guess everyone loved Surma and hated Anthony, they must have got weird stares when they got married.

Psych posted:

Finally!
That would be pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Psych posted:

That is unless Annie just orders Reynardine to pretend like nothing ever happened.
I don't think that could work, she owns his current body but not his mind/soul/ether/whatever.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Sulevis posted:

Maybe Surma was already dying before Annie was conceived. Or maybe she really, really wanted a child?
If she really wanted a child and everyone around her knew she would die if that happened, maybe Anthony was the only one emotionally detached enough to do it.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

This page looks like a flashback, but I don't see the rounded corners so I think it's a dream.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Brannock posted:

:confused: The top two panels have rounded corners. The bottom panels don't, which means there's going to be another flashback page or two.
Oh, that's true, I must have missed those corners. White corners! :argh:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

McGravin posted:

I'm sure I would like formspring if there didn't seem to be one hundred inane questions that could easily be answered by comprehending the comic for every good question that actually illuminates something. Like Tea-san said, four thousand questions about whether Antimony's hair color is vital to the plot.
Maybe he could only answer questions whenever a chapter is over and only about that particular chapter. Or he could just drop it, that's fine too.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Jones is a goddess, there's no other explanation about her behavior. Not to mention that there was a previous encounter (confrontation?) between her and Coyote.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I'd put money on phoenix.

And by the way, Tom is drawing a treatise right now:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gunnerkrigg-court

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Fangz posted:

I wonder if today's comic indicates Coyote has some sort of hold over Jones, because Jones looked very flustered and human for that panel. So hmmm...
I saw that as a respond to that "you know I can take her if I wish" from http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=818

Jones got outmaneuvered by Coyote because he knew she didn't wish to take Annie after all.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I find funny that Jones thought she could threaten Coyote a few pages back and then he does something like this like it's nothing.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I wonder if Tom has other ways of donating to him, I have had problems with Paypal before... are the Topaco t-shirts a good option?

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Pester posted:

Jones changed her expression.
That was when everyone found out she was a robot after all.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

KnightLight posted:

Bah, Kat's turned boring. Find a different friend, Annie!
A friend like Jack! :pervert:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Lindsay Domkraub! Let's be best friends.
Dr. Lindsay Domkraub, if you please.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

A "The Abyss" reference? Hell yes!

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I'm wondering about the expression Jack is making in the last couple of panels. Maybe he's regretting falling in love with the crazy girl already in a relationship instead of the crazy pretty girl who just asked him to kiss.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Kat's just feeling left out. Everyone else has some sort of romantic interest goin on. Poor Kat. :(
She had bird-boy and she lost him :smith:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Remember, it's Parley who can teleport. Smitty just predicted when she'd turn up.
If Smith predicted it, why would she be the one who is surprised? :confused:

Also, Smith grew up a lot.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Tom, I have bought all the GC books, please tell me you saw some of my money.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Poor Parley, I don't think she's going to be able to handle a sword for a while.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I wonder what did he told her... :ohdear:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Soylentbits posted:

She was hot.
That's a very nice :iceburn:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Congrats Tom! Good luck in all your new business endeavors.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

M.c.P posted:

1. Big Bone Tower leading to Anthony, what the gently caress? Is this a recent thing that caused Annie to collapse? Or has it always been there and only recently got bad. What is it meant to do? (the imagery suggests it suppresses Annie's "fire") And why is Anthony doing it? (he is a bad father)
I believe Zimmy only hit a mental image of Anthony, there's no way a man who defeated Eglamore (in the Surma field) would let himself be bitch-slapped like that... in other words, I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

DontMockMySmock posted:

Really. I'm going to start magically liking Jones and the fact that Tom's ensured we won't get anything resembling Jones riding a dinosaur?

Great, one more boring-rear end trilobite. Tons of potential lost and for what? Because Tom didn't feel like taking any chances. Can't have the main characters riding dinosaurs, despite all the little hints (and sometimes not so little ones) dropped all over the place. Must make them older, boring, and ensure they wind up with the worst fossils in the world.

Yeah, tell me what there is to look forward to with this era, hoss. You seem to be all for it. Jones's the most boring lead in any time-travel story since Chiba Mamoru from Sailormoon. There's not a single interesting (or redeeming) thing about her and yet it's looking increasingly like Annie's going to end up Medium.

Because trilobites, that's why. God forbid GCC take a chance with anything. Nope, must conform to the status quo and leave that dino poo poo to the weirdo characters, right?

Yeah, no. gently caress you and gently caress Tom. I guess it's nice he made a 'please stop reading my webcomic, it's becoming like any other time-travel' arc though. Real considerate-like. Always good to see straightforward, boring fuckin' trilobites. And at the end, Jones will witness the beginning of the universe, Annie'll find out what Jones is, and Kat'll be there to talk about robots or some other stereotypically generic thing. Because Jones must be boring, always and forever.
Late quoting but this is pretty good. And trilobites are way cool!