Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I don't know what is more shocking, Annie being socially competent or Jack appearing to have been hit over the head with the puberty sledgehammer over the summer break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Seems like they were both trying to play each other for fools. Either that, or Jack's desperately trying to save face. Eitherway, I hope this blossoms into a lovely mutual hate-off. Awesome.

dumb brunette posted:

I think she's insulted, Jack.

(I sure hope Chibisoma is still reading :allears:)
I wonder just how much of an rear end he can retroactively make himself. :allears:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I thought we were supposed to shutXup about that? Eitherway, Jack, been nice knowing ya.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Oh not smart, Jack. You are playing with fire.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Elysiume posted:

This is awesome! :swoon:
Yeah, I got to chime in and say what a good idea selling this would be. I also think something like this would be popular even with folk who have no idea what Gunnerkrigg Court is.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I really hope this kicks off into a really big, retrospectively awkward fight. Calling Zimmy a "deranged psychopath"; trying to shift blame back to Jack; getting increasingly angry at every little thing Jack says (man, he is good at pushing her buttons), she is goiung to fly off the handle. Well, I hope she does, because that would be horrifyingly great.

A fiery Annie is an intersting Annie and I am enjoying this immensely.

Edit:

annatar posted:

They're both terrible people, this is fantastic.

Also, this.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

DontMockMySmock posted:

Wait, what's special about Jack's parents, or whatever? I don't remember everything so perfectly :(
I thought it was just Jack being an rear end in a top hat and egging Annie on because her parents are dead/horrible.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

1stGear posted:

Reminder that Jones believes she could take Ysengrin and Coyote at the same time and they didn't argue too much.

Whichever mythological entity she is, she's one of the super badass ones.
Man, that chapter is good. Like, Sky Watcher-good.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Kismet posted:

Given the most recent update, un-bloody-likely.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
This comic is incredibly silly.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
How the other kids are bored of this riveting tale is lost on me.

Also, according to Tom's Tumblr, Parely and Smit are coming back in the next chapter. Yaaaaaaaay!

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

There is simply no time for life and death horse car races.
There is always time for life and death horse car races.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Jack, Antimony Station was the last stop before Psychzim Mindfreak Central and you let the doors close in your face. Choo loving choo I hope it's worth it.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Tom, you are getting very good at this.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Stop asking Tom about his income, yeesh!

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

mrpwase posted:

Makes me imagine Parley with a heavy brummie accent though. :colbert:
People imagine her without one?!

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Fatkraken posted:

Small (city face) £20

Medium (most of them) £35-£40 depending on canvas thickness

Large (the two tall coyote ones) £50

Perspex squares £30 each
Even taking into account the worth of the pound, these are kinda under-priced.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
This is a good idea and nothing will go wrong.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
This whole page is actually kinda unsettling. I like how the first three panels are from Robot's perspective.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
No coyote do not eat that human what are you doing you are drunk.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I know there's a "taste like a liar" joke in here somewhere, but I'm having trouble thinking abut who should be licking who.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Zorak posted:

Orbital mechanics, a fine choice.
Hahaha nerd. :v:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Red would be THE BEST didgeridoo player.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Ironic Twist posted:

Who gives a poo poo?
Hey man, some people like to theorycraft with only the smallest clues. :saddowns: Like me. With this. :saddowns: :saddowns: :saddowns:

I saw the static speech bubble and immediatly thought, 'Holy poo poo, he's connected to Zimmy's condition somehow.'

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Living off your art is every artist's dream, Tom. Congrats!

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Mar 16, 2012

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Can I run a suggestion by Tom and anyone here with regards to the whole donate => get wallpaper thing? How about conducting it like a donation drive? As in, have a set amount of donations and if/when it reaches that amount, release the full size wallpaper for everyone. Get one of those thermometer things to show everyone how far along we are until glorious artwork. I don't know how successful the current way of doing it is, but this suggestion may stop your stuff from showing up on 4chan or something as soon as you send if to someone. If it works, it'd be a good source of fairly consistent income.

Also dear god that banner is loving horrifying goddamn.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Donny's such an unexpected badass.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I can sort of see how that would be memorable. I'm a martial arts instructor and just yesterday one of my students actually did this; she grabbed the hem of my uniform and rubbed it between her fingers. She was 'kinda interested to feel what that tougher uniform, like, feels like.'

The cheap-o uniforms are usually some form of cottonblend. Proper martial arts uniforms are usually canvas, rather rough and covered in sweat BLLUUUUHHHHHHHK.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Angry Avocado posted:

Gunnerkrigg Court (50%, 15,481 Votes)
Goblins (50%, 15,458 Votes)

:tinfoil:
GC was winning by 400 votes, like, an hour ago. I sure hope whoever's running this thing is checking to make sure nothing dodgy is going on.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Oi Tom, some bird got into your title page.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

TheNork posted:

Hopefully it's obvious who's who in those pictures. :shobon: Thank you, Tom, for all your efforts.
Holy hell these are incredible. I'll also chime in with Shadow and Robot being my favourite, but it's hard not to marvel at that white-hot rage ghost there. Amazing stuff. Do you have a website with more of your work?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Oi Tom, that bird from the title page got into your chapter.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Look at the quality of that last panel. It's almost as if Tom has had extra time to work on the comic!

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Tollymain posted:

Who's Greenie again?
Don't say it.

NO ONE SAY THAT JOKE.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
okay yes mm-hmm this all makes complete sense I am so happy I understand everything completely and thoroughly with this update yes.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I know it's been a while, but I still can't get over this pigeon that's just planted itself to Kat's head. It's just an awesome juxtaposition; we have all this deep and meaningful dream symbolism and also headpigeon.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Tom, if you sell these, pleeeeeeease charge more for them than what you charged at that convention stall of yours a while ago. We want to shower you with money. Let us shower you with money.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Fecha posted:

Serious question, is that Elgamore? (I guess it couldn't be anyone else.)
Bloody hell, these are amazing, especially the one on the top right.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
And we enjoyed looking at it, Tom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

MikeJF posted:

She's from Birmingham.
Birmingham, Australia, whatever.