Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

What's the dumbest spell, then? Is it Pain? My vote goes to Pain.

I think you mean Betty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

NinjaDebugger posted:

In Heroes of Rokugan 1, at GenCon, playing the premiere mod Fate of a Hantei, in which the PCs get a chance, just ONE chance, to save Hantei Sotorii (who will be Hantei XXXIX) from the bloodspeakers trying to use him to set Iuchiban free. I'm at the table, Yajinden is there, THE Yajinden, and he is body hopping around avoiding melee and getting new wounds to fuel maho all the goddamn time, and I am thoroughly tired of this poo poo. So what I do is, I summon Akodo Godaigo, the betrayer, and I'm like "Yo, Godaigo, you want a chance to redeem yourself? THIS IS IT."

Akodo Godaigo was one of the disadvantage ancestors. For -5 points, I think it was, your glory and your rings were capped by your honor.

The GM was very, very confused. Then, next round, I dove out into the crowd of cultists to get close enough to Yajinden's current body, said to the GM, "I cast Sympathetic Energies, swapping Summon Ancestor: Akodo Godaigo onto Yajinden." The GM looked confused, read the spells in question, and then went and called over the campaign admin, Rob Hobart. Rob looked confused, read the spells in question, and then said "...yeah, I think that works. His earth drops to zero, his air drops to zero, he can't jump to a new body, and he's dead." And the table jumped up in a shout that completely disrupted the tables around us and made us kind of jerks, because you shouldn't do that sort of thing.

It felt REAL loving awesome, though.

That is loving amazing.

Tangentially, reading a bit of the thread on a whim is making me want to play some L5R.

Esser-Z fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 11, 2015

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Technically legal is the best kind of legal!

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

I was sort of half-joking when I suggested that, though it's what they did with their 40K RPG line and they made people wait years to finally play Space Marines so, y'know, it's not entirely out of the realms of plausibility.
Part of the issue there was almost certainly GW's ridiculously tight grip on all things Space Marine, such that FFG had to check every single bit of everything with GW for Deathwatch.

Also Space Marines turned out to be darn boring to play as.

• Locked thread