Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

While there is no end of petty crap in the industry, anything more than "they accidentally hosed up the spreadsheet" seems like conspiracy theory bullshit. Why would the company present options they don't want and then involve as many people as possible in some scheme to cover it up? They wouldn't. That's dumb.

AncientSpark posted:

EDIT: A giant thread copied from WC4 was copied onto the RPG.net forums before it was closed, if you want to read abut it. Although admittedly, I don't know the SA rules for this kind of thing. http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?749875-Winter-court-4-of-L5R

I mean, wow, look at this:

quote:

I would like to offer a statement and I know this will appear as bragging, but it is not. It is merely an offer of information to help show that I am trustworthy. I am a member of the United States Air Force with Top Secret clearance serving as a Nuclear Missile Operations Officer. I am trusted with the most deadly weapons in the entire world. I am not going to waste the value of the honor and trustworthiness I have attained by lying or manipulating a result in a game I have loved for over 18 years. 

I do not consider my honor in question.

Are you prepared to question this guy's honor?

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Feb 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Gravy Train Robber posted:

That is the best possible thing that could have ever happened to the franchise.

I have a hard time imagining they'll completely dump roll & keep, but even if they do something closer to their 40k games (in quality of mechanics) it's hard not to see it as a step up.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Wasn't AEG going to do a new print run of some books? What happened with that?

Edit: And yeah, with FFG's bigger market reach and LCG style for the card game, I might finally give it a try.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

^^^^ It's okay, but it was made in the 90s and isn't especially good at pirates specifically.

-------

He's said vaguely sane things about what he wants to do with a new 7th Sea setting. Of course, it's in the "scribbled notes on the back of a napkin" stage of development. Also, unprompted, he's said "I promise: no d20s!"

But this maybe goes in the chat thread or something? Not that this one's drowning in posts.

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 5, 2015

• Locked thread