Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Both the RPG and the CCG could use positive revision. They're both products of the mid-nineties design, and though both have evolved, most of the essentials remain the same. This is particularly true for the RPG, which was always a compromise between Wick's intention for the game and what AEG thought would be sane to market. Not that I would want to see it go back to what Wick wanted, but having firm design principles from the outset would be a big help.

Also roll 'n keep has always been a mathematical nightmare and I wouldn't be sad to see it go.

It's relatively mathematically complex compared to other dice systems, so it's a little difficult to calculate while at the table, but I don't understand why that's necessarily a bad thing as long as the GM only adjusts the TN rather than fiddling with Die bonuses or penalties.

There's also this: http://lynks.se/probability/ since the probability is perfectly solvable, just a pain to do mentally or by hand. Probably the trickiest bit is the exploding dice since that creates multimodal probability distributions and are just more annoying to account for in a system where the face values are added up as opposed to WoD which is just all about successes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread