Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Dackel posted:

That same humble store says it's available December 31, 2016

For what it's worth the dev says the steam page will be up within days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mr. Pool posted:

I just finished my 5th playthough of Age of Decadence. I enjoyed the heck out of this highly-branching cyoa novel that also happens to have tilemapped turn based combat. What else should I be playing?

Probably a geneforge game? Those are cool.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Dackel posted:

That same humble store says it's available December 31, 2016

I think this is something they do just to signify that it'll be out before the end of that year. I remember a similar thing regarding the release date of Persona 5.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

corn in the bible posted:

Probably a geneforge game? Those are cool.

Yeah, Geneforge is real good. Though the QOL jumps between each iteration make going back painful, and 1 is really dated at this point in a way none of the others are.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Imageepoch made the best RPGs on the PSP.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Verranicus posted:

Imageepoch made the best RPGs on the PSP.

No surprise you're a big fan of Criminal Girls

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Pretty sure that at this point, Verranicus has just consigned himself to playing the part.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
We've definitely reached a point where there are more pointless posts made by people trying fruitlessly to shame him out of this thread than there are from the guy himself.

I'd suggest that you just put him on ignore and move on instead.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kanfy posted:

We've definitely reached a point where there are more pointless posts made by people trying fruitlessly to shame him out of this thread than there are from the guy himself.

I'm sorry you can't enjoy Verranicus' hot takes anymore without being reminded of the time he recommended a game where you could rape an underage girl

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I thought it was obvious that he was just baiting and everyone kept falling for it.

I hope they put Disgaea 3 and the later games up soon. I never played them and I want to try Disgaea 3 even if it's hot garbage.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Tired Moritz posted:

I thought it was obvious that he was just baiting and everyone kept falling for it.

I hope they put Disgaea 3 and the later games up soon. I never played them and I want to try Disgaea 3 even if it's hot garbage.

Don't count on soon, since 2 isn't going to be up until 2017. Eventually, though, yeah I'd imagine so.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm 16 years late to the party but Valkyrie Profile is really cool you guys.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth continues to amaze and entertain into its endgame :allears:

Kyoko's infernal coffee creations actually have a plot-relevant punchline with her being a Digimon in disguise, what should've been five (I assume) Digi-Destined going on an adventure full of wonder and whimsy turns into one of them being left comatose and accidentally unleashing the apocalypse on the Digital World instead, and Pete turns out to be a dead cat that got walled up with an old computer some 50+ years ago.

Someone needs to buy Risa a new hoodie though, some mean Digimon must've sliced it open in a fight. :ohdear:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I should go back to Cyber Sleuth, I played it obsessively for about 14 hours one weekend then never touched it again :/

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth continues to amaze and entertain into its endgame :allears:

I did not expect some guy hacking an arcade machine so he could steal women's likenesses to make sex dolls, and then the dollfuckers would receive an offer to be set up with their perfect waifu forever, except they were really just having their minds trapped in the internet while their bodies were harvested for organs

Digimon!

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Aug 24, 2016

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Once the digivolving slowed down so did my interest in playing!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Wendell posted:

Once the digivolving slowed down so did my interest in playing!

I definitely recommend getting three PlatinumSukamon or PlatinumNumemon and all the Tactician USBs you can find, so that grinding goes super quick. I couldn't imagine finishing the game without them, especially the Great Challenges or Seven Deadly Digimon.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Really Pants posted:

I definitely recommend getting three PlatinumSukamon or PlatinumNumemon and all the Tactician USBs you can find, so that grinding goes super quick. I couldn't imagine finishing the game without them, especially the Great Challenges or Seven Deadly Digimon.

You can also just shove them into the Tough Course on the DigiFarm every 30 minutes, because CAM is only important for a handful of Digimon and you can hoard all kinds of Meat and Friendship items to deal with that.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

HMS Boromir posted:

I'm 16 years late to the party but Valkyrie Profile is really cool you guys.

VP in both its PS1/PSP incarnations is one of the big things lacking in Square Enix's digital library. :(

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Really Pants posted:

I did not expect some guy hacking an arcade machine so he could steal women's likenesses to make sex dolls, and then the dollfuckers would receive an offer to be set up with their perfect waifu forever, except they were really just having their minds trapped in the internet while their bodies were harvested for organs

Digimon!

Yeah, I went into Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth expecting a dumb light-hearted romp like maybe Digimon Adventure 02. Definitely not Digimon Tamers. And especially not a ring of organ-harvesters praying on otaku. :suspense:.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kanfy posted:

How can one man possibly shitpost more than six people replying to him?

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
I just finished chapter 2 of Trails in the Sky FC and I love this game. :shobon:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'm glad because there's been a lot of negative nancy posting about it lately

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

I just finished chapter 2 of Trails in the Sky FC and I love this game. :shobon:

You're a good egg.

It only gets better from there.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm sorry, the combat is just really boring :(

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Really Pants posted:

Just quoting this again as I took the advice to heart with a PlatinumSukamon and holy poo poo the XP I'm getting now :magical:. Also being hit by metallic poop is not a dignified death for any Mega-tier Digimon.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just quoting this again as I took the advice to heart with a PlatinumSukamon and holy poo poo the XP I'm getting now :magical:

*the hellish clattering sound of your entire party gaining forty levels at once*

Each Platinum Bonus and Tactician USB on your three Battle Digimon is an extra +100% base experience, and they'll all stack. I never bothered with training because it seemed like all the best digivolutions need really high ABI and CAM.

The poops don't get any strong attacks by default, but I think you can digivolve to Etemon for Nightmare III, and digivolve to PlatNumemon from there.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 24, 2016

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm sorry, the combat is just really boring :(

I was turned off by the combat initially but now I don't mind it. The game doesn't really encourage you to fight every monster you see, and running away is a guaranteed success (except in bosses or other special encounters) so I basically just sporadically start fights if monsters aren't facing me and I feel like it, otherwise, meh.

Plus there's a Cheat Engine tool you can use to make enemy movements/actions resolve quicker, if you're so inclined. I haven't used it but it sounds easy enough.

I've started to enjoy the combat, actually, and I love the translation and story.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Really Pants posted:

*the hellish clattering sound of your entire party gaining forty levels at once*

Each Platinum Bonus and Tactician USB on your three Battle Digimon is an extra +100% base experience, and they'll all stack. I never bothered with training because it seemed like all the best digivolutions need really high ABI and CAM.

The poops don't get any strong attacks by default, but I think you can digivolve to Etemon for Nightmare III, and digivolve to PlatNumemon from there.

I'm pretty sure I heard the game actually snap clean over my knee when I saw newly-digivolved digimon jump from Level 1 to 38 from just one fight :stare:.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

That boat chase though... :allears:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zaggitz posted:

That boat chase though... :allears:

Trails in the Sky always impressed me for getting some amazingly good cutscene choreography out of the sprites. Especially in SC where you get stuff like watching Cassius stop Julia's sword repeatedly with just the tip of his staff before clowning her completely.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Goddamn I spent a few in-game months making uber equipment in Atelier Ayesha Plus that let me breeze through all the Alt minibosses without breaking a sweat, and then 4 optional bosses unlocked that stomped me into the dirt. The difficulty spike is simply absurd. I was aiming to fully unlock the album, but I think I'll just view all my endings and move on to another game.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Did Digimon Cyber Sleuth ever get its translation problems patched up, by the way?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zereth posted:

Did Digimon Cyber Sleuth ever get its translation problems patched up, by the way?

No, the script is still fully of typos. Which is sad really, because the game is extremely good and deserved a better localization effort than it got.

The real disappointment is whoever translated the move names has clearly only seen the first Digimon Adventure series, because Digimon from after that start getting different names for their Special Moves :goonsay:.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dark cloud 1&2, okage, arc the lad and rogue falaxt are on sale in the eu ps4 store, any advice on which to buy? (or any other rpgs i might not have recognized)

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Davincie posted:

dark cloud 1&2, okage, arc the lad and rogue falaxt are on sale in the eu ps4 store, any advice on which to buy? (or any other rpgs i might not have recognized)

Dark Cloud 2 is a must (don't bother with the first, 2 improves on it in every way.)

The first PS2 Arc the Lad is an okay strategy RPG.

Rogue Galaxy is charming, but the gameplay becomes quite a chore.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
all of those are GOOD GAMES

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Davincie posted:

Dark Cloud 2 for sure. Okage was witty but dated even when it came out in 2001, watch a youtube video of the combat and you'll know right away if it's for you or not, but it's a short game so if you have a Tim Burton shrine somewhere in your house you might like it. Rogue Falaxt is fun and good but the story goes on a little too long - by the time I was hitting the final couple areas I was just running from every fight and cheesing all the ones I couldn't skip, but there's a ton to do so if you do end up liking the combat system you'll love the game. Play it before DC2 if you're getting both though, they're both made by the same company and have very similar concepts and sidequest-ey mechanics

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Okage is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed