Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: I thought Doom 2 RPG was going to be a more or less straight turn-based implementation of Doom. Then I got a holy water pistol and the ability to throw toilets.

Doom RPG owns too, you get a fireaxe, a fire extinguisher, and attack dogs. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

I like the last option in the poll.

Whenever Atlus or other companies would hold polls like this, the objectively worst cover would always win.

Spiderweb Software is amazing. I loved Avadon so this is gonna own. I finally started playing the Geneforge games recently too.

You should definitely play Lunar: Dragon Song. You can learn a lot from it the same way you learn more about film making from watching a bad movie than a good one. Finish this game and you can probably design the next Xenoblade.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

I meant the gently caress them all just send a blank piece of paper and some crayons one.

The PSP game is all around great imo. It does a great job of retaining the feel and tone of the originals while being better in every other way.

THAT said, if you're like already halfway through a game or something don't worry about it.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

"Shadowrun Returns"[/quote posted:

These updates will require Backers to re-download the game from the Harebrained Account Website, since it will not include auto-patching functionality.

This seems like bizarre arrangement for backers, pay ahead of time and you can't download patches? I understand the licensing thing but they really couldn't have some kind of registration for the patches themselves so the game could still be DRM free?

The lack of save anywhere for a game of this kind and loot is sort of crazy though. Not even a "save and quit" suspension type thing like in the old Zelda and Ogre Battle games? Are you not even awarded money to buy stuff with? Do you just get hard upgrades to your stuff periodically like in a Metroid or Zelda game? Maybe every enemy type drops a pre-set amount of money? Do they even know yet? These aren't the kind of questions we should be asking two months before the game is supposed to come out. Was really looking forward to this one but like Joshlemagne said there's no way that's happening at this point anyway.

I'm sure Microsoft's licensing or whatever arrangement they have are a pain but this sounds more like Hairbrained straight up didn't plan this out properly.

In SNES Shadowrun, the only runners you should be hiring are guys with heavy firepower (Anders) or guys that can take a lot of punishment (trolls/orcs) before going down. Everyone else is a waste. It is cool to get Akimi in the late game (I think you have to get her phone number via a file in one of the New Daly buildings?) to get another unique character portrait or whatever but in general they're not needed.

Magic in general isn't all that useful, I say this because as a dumb kid I didn't do the dog spirit's stuff, so I ended up getting all the way up to Drake without having any magic at all.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 15, 2013

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I had the soundtrack for some reason, too.

It was included with the game.