Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Did SO3 actually get a HD remaster that I completely missed or are you talking about the poorly emulated PS2 version on PS4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

The 7th Guest posted:

now i am looking at what to play on the horizon... baten kaitos is $50 for the 2 games and thats not that bad for an MSRP

Has anyone played the remaster, is it well done apart from the missing English VO?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Libluini posted:

I hate that you have to learn it like this, but I have this straight from the game's Steam-page. Apparently, the developers strongly disagree with you there. :v:

Soul Hackers isn't even on Steam!

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

fez_machine posted:

Weird and Unfortunate Things Are Happening

Note that this game is completely free and indeed pretty good.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Ornamented Death posted:

I get this, but a) I love old jank and b) I have all these old consoles (or their Analogue equivalents) and Everdrives, so...

(Un?)fortunately for you, all of the best versions of the Ys games are on PC at this point. I suppose you could go back to the old releases of Ys 3 and 4 if you really wanted since they're basically different games, but Felghana and Celceta are story-wise remakes and replace them in the canon.

The one exception is Ys 5, which has no modern version available.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

As far as I know there has not been any major text update for Reverie. They did fix the thing where the Link abilities were broken though.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

OddObserver posted:

1) Some skill descriptions were mistranslated in a consistent way, so you kind of have to figure that (forgot the expression they used) is actually HP Regen.

It's "HP Absorb".

And yeah the menu text is messy at best and completely unreadable at worst but I would argue that the actual dialogue is very good. Perhaps not quite up there with XSeed's best but *a lot* better than CS3 was.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

It's still the same continent and timeline, but a different country (Calvard this time) with new main characters.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Maybe the delayed physical Switch version means that will have the patch on cart...? But yeah they really should have given themselves another month or whatever to sort this out properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

The Colonel posted:

well after cold steel got the jp language update they were consistent about offering it until reverie lol

Yeah for some weird reason for Reverie the Japanese PC rights went to Clouded Leopard Entertainment (the Chinese Falcom distributors) instead of NISA. That's the only game like that, Daybreak is back to NISA again.

Sky's XSEED PC versions do not officially have Japanese support but they have hidden JP modes if you provide the JP text and audio files yourself.