Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

I'll vote for nocturne. You were considering an SMT game, and IMO nocturne is the best SMT game.(I haven't played all of them, though.)
1)
The mechanics are as good as it gets in a JRPG, and I only had to grind a couple times in the entire 60 something hour game.
2)
I often had to look up where the gently caress I was supposed to go next in a walkthrough, and there is a massive amount of optional content, so exploring everywhere is required.(or reading a walkthrough :v:)
3)
The world is pretty interesting, and there is barely any exposition. On the other hand, there isn't really any character development, people just kinda do things because. So a lot like dark souls, basically.
4)
It's on the ps2, so you can emulate it if you have decent pc.

Maybe strange journey, but I haven't played it yet.

edit: I was thinking this was the JRPG thread for some reason. Stuff like ultima underworld or gothic are better suggestions.

Abysswalker fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Sep 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU