Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Lost Odyssey never felt like it was worth all the effort to play. Things just never felt like they took off in the game, which is odd considering what happens to the world. They really go out of their way to shackle you with characters you don't give a poo poo about the entire game, looking at you Palom and Porom.

I've got a pile of cRPGs that all got shelved for some reason, and I really need to pick them up and finish them. Especially The Witcher and Neverwinter Nights 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Wendell posted:

Tales of the Abyss' load times are infuriating. There's really no excuse for them.

Also, the story is comprised entirely of random garbage techno babble. If you should find yourself having forgotten a single imaginary term you will become entirely lost in the sea of jargon and be unable to follow the conversations and story.

It also has a forced stealth section that made me quit forever.

I don't know if I ever really figured out what the hell most of the people in that game were talking about. At least the rest of the game was enjoyable enough.