Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
A league just sprang up here in Southern Illinois in the last few years. My girlfriend just joined the So Ill Roller girls, and is working her way up to being draftable for bouts.

For the few SA posters that may be in the region, there are teams in Carbondale and Cape Girardeau. The Cape Girardeau girls are fairly new, considered the sister team of Carbondale. I've only been to one of the games so far, but it was pretty impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Suicide seating allows you to see way more. I wouldn't want to sit in rows during flat track especially... you can see what is going on much better when you're right there.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Out of curiosity, what do you all use for scoreboarding? My girlfriend recently joined the So Ill Roller Girls (WFTDA apprentice team! Yay!) and I've joined in as the scoreboard guy for home games. Currently, I'm using the one designed by the Carolina Roller Girls (CRG Scoreboard). It's been working out pretty well, especially with the 1.6 update.

There's also Poang, but I just don't like it as much, especially with our smaller projection screen.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
There's a chance I might be moving out to Clemson, South Carolina with my fiancee if I get a job out there. She's gotta know: how many/how good are the derby teams out that way?

• Locked thread