Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NiVRaM88
May 19, 2009
Any thoughts on CM9 vs AOKP for GSM Galaxy Nexus? I'm running AOKP milestone 4 right now and it works great except my cell signal drops randomly where there should be signal, then bounces back again within a few minutes or after turning the radios off and on. Hoping a 4.0.4 build will fix this and trying to decide between sticking with AOKP or trying out CM9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiVRaM88
May 19, 2009
Does anyone know what the best ICS rom for the Verizon Galaxy Tab 10.1 is? Model #SCH-I905. Must have working camera and radio.

NiVRaM88
May 19, 2009

Tom Steele posted:

If anyone cares, the latest nightly build of CM10 by Euroskank (at least for the VZW Galaxy Nexus) now has group MMS capability built in! More info can be found at http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/

Anyone know if this is in the official CM10 nightlies?

NiVRaM88
May 19, 2009

Frozen-Solid posted:

I use Bluetooth Audio all the time, and CM10's is just as good as Stock was (for me it wasn't good at all :v:) but a few hacks to the audio.conf file fixed all of that for me. I even was able to make CM10 ignore my audio.conf changes on update, so I don't have to ever worry about it when I flash an update. I can write up a more detailed post about how to make all those changes if anyone wants.

Id be interested in a guide for this. Also wondering if I can apply the same logic to boot animation.zip so I don't have to redo that every time I update as well.

NiVRaM88
May 19, 2009
Is the notification light in CM10 supposed to be working yet? I'm on a galaxy nexus with the 10-25 nightly and the notification light doesn't light up when I test it (with the screen off).

NiVRaM88
May 19, 2009
This may be better suited for the Tmobile or Apps thread, but I'm gonna try the rooted thread first..

I've got a CM10 GNex that I use with the Tmobile/walmart $30 plan (100 minutes, 5gb data). I'm currently deciding if I can continue with the plan (and likely upgrade to the Nexus 4) at the expense of religiously counting my voice minutes, or if I should jump ship to Verizon and pay the higher monthly costs (and wait until a good LTE phone releases).

Any suggestions for using wifi/voip calling to conserve voice minutes? Right now the best I've found is the Vonage app. While a little clunky, it works good enough for outbound calls and it does a good job of appearing like it's dialing from my regular phone number. The only things I'm missing are a solution for receiving calls (right now I just ignore calls and then call back using Vonage), and if possible a more seamless experience that uses the default android dialer. I think porting my number to GV would solve this, but I don't want to lose MMS functionality. Any other solutions that I've overlooked?

NiVRaM88
May 19, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

This has nothing to do with being rooted as you correctly deduced so I have no idea why it's not in the prepaid thread. GrooveIP ($5 on market) or Talkatone (free on market) will let you place 4G/Wifi calls for free. You will need a Google Voice number to use either. You can get a free number and make outgoing calls from that if you'd like to keep incoming MMS functionality. But then your free outgoing calls will confuse friends if they pay attention to caller ID. MMS is loving stupid anyways and there's a million better ways to send media, so I'd just as soon port to GV.

Thanks for the advice. I posted here in hopes that there was a more seamless solution using the default dialer that required root or was baked into some ROM, but perhaps not.

I don't consider carrying another phone a practical solution, and I don't plan on cutting off all my iphone friends that send group MMS or random picture messages. Really I'm looking for a solution that "Just Works". I may take your advice though and ride it out with tmobile. The vonage app is serviceable for outgoing calls, and 10 cents/min overages still would equate to a far cheaper contract.

NiVRaM88
May 19, 2009
I'm selling off my rooted CM10 GSM GNex. What's the best way to return it fully to stock and wipe all my data from the device?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiVRaM88
May 19, 2009
I'm on the latest CM10.1 nightly on a Nexus 4 and seems to be having some sms/MMS issues (have noticed this for atleast the last 2 weeks of nightlies). Basically I tend to only receive maybe 30% of picture messages, with no indication of picture messages that are never received. I also seem to be receiving frequent duplicate sms messages sent immediately after each other. Is this a common issue and is anyone aware of a fix?