Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

So take me back, back to better days
Cause this time between is wasting me away
Using MIUI on my Evo and I want to move some apps over on my sd card. I grabbed apps2sd and it keeps telling me I have no space to move anything over. What can I do to fix this? Help please, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

wolrah posted:

Does MIUI break the normal Android move to SD function or are you trying to move an app that disables that feature? If neither of those, you don't need apps2sd.

Anyways, I think a2sd requires you to set up a second partition on your SD card formatted with a filesystem that actually supports *nix permissions for its use.

It just won't let me move apps, even after I created a partition. Oh well, time to backup and start over. Thanks for the help though.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

chizad posted:

Fresh and CyanogenMod are the only two ROMs I've ever tried on my Evo 4G. I know there was a lot of love for MIUI when it first came out, but I never tried it so I can't comment on it personally.

I love MIUI and if you decide to go this route, use the 1.12.9 build. The rest are a bit messed up.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

Skeezy posted:

So my friend wants to root his EVO 4G and last I checked it's all updated to build 4.54. What is the easiest root method out there for the evo? It's been a while since I've done this but his HBOOT is 2.16.0001, but it's been a while.

EDIT: I'm thinking Revolutionary should do the trick.

revolutionary.io... worked for me.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

DrBouvenstein posted:

Being a bit behind the times, I'm still rocking an Evo 4G.

I'm running CM7 right now...is there anything better I should switch to? Don't get my upgrade discount until July...and will that even work for the GNex? I remember old Nexuses not qualifying for upgrades, but has that changed?

This is where I stand too. I currently use MIUI but wanted to know if anything out there was more updated.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

Alucard posted:

I'm still rocking Fresh Evo 4.3.3, it has been a much better experience for me (had trouble with Skype and GTalk video using the various iterations of CM7) but I also have ADWLauncher EX so the included launcher in CM7 isn't much of a bonus to me. Most of the tweaks that CM7 allows aren't much of a bonus either considering I use Tasker for all my context-specific stuff.

Cool. I'm gonna have to check this out. Only thing I miss about MIUI is no 4G. I guess I can try this with Nova Launcher.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

How can I unlock a Sprint Nexus S 4G with ICS?

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

I Dont Like You posted:

http://wiki.rootzwiki.com/Samsung_Nexus_S_4G

I followed this and everything went smoothly.

Sweet, so what's a great ROM besides CM for this Nexus S?

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

I Dont Like You posted:

I actually have basically only been running CM9 since I received mine and unlocked and rooted it, ha. There's always MIUI, but I am pretty sure you need to flash an alternate kernel to get the Wi-fi working.

I like the feel of MIUI but we have 4g in my area so I guess I can give CM a spin. Thanks. :)

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

IRQ posted:

The CM9 version I have on my NS4G owns. My only complaint is that it has this weird bug where after turning it off and putting it in my pocket it sometimes fires up the music player.

It's annoying, but not enough to fix what ain't broke and flash a different stable release.

e: For the record, I am also really happy with my new Kindle Fire. Rooted without a custom ROM it's a great budget tablet. If you're in this thread you're probably more than capable of making it do what you want it to, but it's not for mom and dad. I will flash to ICS once they get hardware acceleration working though.

Which version do you use? I tried a bunch on mine but they wouldn't install.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

I moved from an Evo MIUI build to a Nexus S (wow, world of difference) and I want to save my data from a game, Word Farm. Where do I find this data to transfer it to my Nexus S? I've completed a lot of challenges and don't want to have to start over again. :(

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

RagingHematoma posted:

I have an EVO 4G from Sprint and I have been having a hard time picking the right ROM to use on the phone. I really want something basic that is stable with great battery life.

I was thinking of going with EVO Classic, but wanted to see if anyone has used this or any other ROM.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1312414

I loved MIUI. Look into that one. 1.12.9 was the one I stuck with.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

How can I get my Nexus S back to stock ROM and reroot? Help please, thank you.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

LastInLine posted:

Which Nexus S? i9020T?

Edit: Go here, select your model, follow the instructions in the linked threads. All of those will be stock builds, just go to the version you want then reroot in the usual way.

4G, so the D720. I'm currently on CM9 and I want to go back to stock ICS where I originally was. Hopefully the link helps, thanks.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

ShaneB posted:

If anyone is still on an Evo 4G, any suggestions for a fast, stable, 4G working ROM to throw on it?

I liked CM7.1 personally.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

I have a Sprint Nexus S 4G rooted currently but I want to use Google Wallet. Do I need to unroot my phone to use it or will it work out ok? I'm asking because it keeps showing up saying it is an unsupported device. :(

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

yamdankee posted:

Everything should still work, but it's saying unsupported because it sees that you're rooted, so you're not as secure. Apps with root access will be able to access Wallet files.

Edit: Wait, are you seeing "unsupported" from the Play store, or from within the app? If from the store, I think you can use market enable to make it download. Or you can download the APK from XDA/Rootzwiki. If you're seeing it from the app, again everything will still work.

Now I'm curious if Wallet is worth installing on my VZW GNex? Do many places support it yet? Is it really a security risk to run something like this on a rooted phone? I don't have any apps that would act maliciously to my knowledge.

It shows up as an "unsupported device" when I start up the app. It lets me download it from the market without any problems though. If it still works though then I'm in business. I guess I can try it at Subway in a bit to know for sure.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

Aww man, mine didn't work at Jack in the Crack. Dang, gotta try somewhere else before I decide if it's the phone or the place.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

I'm in a bit of a bind here. I had a rooted Nexus A that I did a clockwork mod on, saved it to my laptop, then sold it. I sent out and got Galaxy S 3 in place of that phone. I have several files I needed on there and I'm sure they are saved in my backup. Is there any way I can extract them from my backup without having to root this phone? If not, what do I need to do? Can a Nexus S backup go on a Galaxy S 3?

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

LastInLine posted:

Titanium can extract app data from nandroids.

Do I need to root for titanium our can I just install and go from there?

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

Tunga posted:

Yes.

Try this instead, I think I used it once a year or so ago:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.goddchen.android.nandroidbrowser

Sweet, I'm on it, thanks.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

Those with Sprint SGS3, quick question. Had anyone given CM10 a shot yet? What about AOKP? How are they working for you so far? Thanks.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I've been running CM10 for two days and it's really nice. I did have it lock up one after I got a Gmail notification but it's still being worked on. Battery life is great, everything seems to work except picasa sync. I'd say give it a try. Any anger I have towards it seems to be jelly bean stuff.

Why is the JB stuff upsetting you? I don't use picasa so I'm good with that. Thanks.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

Thanks for all the help, folks.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

I'm stuck on something here. I want to put JB on my Sprint GS3 but carry over my text messages. I've used titanium backup but I'm having no luck transferring them over. I've installed Handcent sms to try to carry them but nothing as well. I'm pretty much stumped at this point. Any ideas?

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

LastInLine posted:

SMS Backup & Restore

Or Titanium Backup's current XML backup function.

Crap, that's too easy. Thanks. I completely forgot about that app but I've had it before. :(

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

LastInLine posted:

I recently tested Titanium's implementation of XML backups for SMS and the call log and found it to be as good as SMS/Call Log B&R so I just uninstalled them this week. I wonder why they weren't working for you?

No clue. I'm not too concerned about call logs though, just texts.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

Messed up my phone screen. How can I do a backup of my phone onto a computer so I can put it on my SD card?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

nimper posted:

What phone, what android version?

GS3 on Sprint running CM 10. I was told to use adb but I wanted to know if there was a different alternative.