Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indulgenthipster
Mar 16, 2004
Make that a pour over
I am so sick of the Android development scene. They assume every single person knows exactly what they are talking about so there are barely any instructions.

I have a Droid 2 Global with gingerbread, installed the Rom Manager and tried installing a new gingerbread rom. The stupid loving thing reboots normally every single time, even though I have flashed Clockwork (apparently Droid X (2-Init) is the correct version). I then installed the bootstrapper which is not working as well.

What am I supposed to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indulgenthipster
Mar 16, 2004
Make that a pour over

Goosed it. posted:

Is your phone unlocked? You can install Rom Manager if your phone is rooted but not unlocked. (And by unlocked I mean boot unlocked not provider unlocked.)

Aha, I had to hit "Bootstrap Recovery" to unlock it. Thank you.

Here were the instructions provided with the rom:

Installation Instructions
-Meet all the requirements listed at the top of the post
-Wipe data/cache, dalvik cache
-Flash Apex

indulgenthipster fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 23, 2011

indulgenthipster
Mar 16, 2004
Make that a pour over

DeceasedHorse posted:

So I want to unlock my Galaxy Nexus's boot loader and install ICS 4.04 because I am sick of waiting for Verizon or whoever is holding things up to release it, is this tool a good choice for a rooting newbie ?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1454314

If you end up doing this please give us a trip report, I'm thinking about unlocking mine as well (even though I promised myself I would not when I purchased it). I'm tired of the connectivity issues, randomly dropping 3G and LTE, problems with my bluetooth, and battery. Apparently these issues have been fixed for months.

indulgenthipster
Mar 16, 2004
Make that a pour over

yamdankee posted:

I would recommend Liquid 1.1 with LeanKernel 2.5. There's also CM9, MIUI, and a couple others but in my opinion nothing as stable and feature rich as Liquid right now.

You had me at "long lasting battery". Is there a good spot with step by step directions on getting this all setup from a stock Verizon Gnex?

My experience with android modding forums usually goes something like this:

Them: You just need to GTSASD v1.0111.143 the RAADD
Me: What is a GTSAD?
Them: GTSAD v1.0111.143 is just an extension off AJDNKDLSNF v9.2.5.32342.1
Me: Where can I find AJDKDLSNF v9.2.5.32342.1?
Them: Do a search in the forums.

So I search and all the threads I find are:

First Post: Where can I find AJDKDLSNF v9.2.5.32342.1?
Them: Do a search in the forums.

indulgenthipster
Mar 16, 2004
Make that a pour over

yamdankee posted:

8) Turn off the phone, boot into bootloader menu by holding VOL UP and VOL DOWN and POWER at the same time. Then press VOL DOWN, then POWER to enter CWM Recovery.

Followed all the instructions successfully up until this point. CWM Recovery is not an option, all there is is "Recovery". When I go into that it shows a small android guy with a red exclamation mark over his stomach. How do I get into that to install the custom roms?

indulgenthipster
Mar 16, 2004
Make that a pour over
Alright got it flashed and following the instructions did a update from zip for Liquid ICS v1.1. Everything seemed to go fine, I rebooted the phone and it was stuck in the new boot animation for about 10 minutes. I pulled the battery and started it back up, and now I'm still stuck on the boot animation. Any ideas?

indulgenthipster
Mar 16, 2004
Make that a pour over

LastInLine posted:

Did you wipe?

Nope. Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indulgenthipster
Mar 16, 2004
Make that a pour over

Tunga posted:

I tried it out recently but found it to be very laggy when switching apps, generally just not very responsive, and battery life was a little worse than I was happy with. I think it's the kernel it comes with which sucks, everyone seems to run it with Lean or Franco instead.

I was having problems with LiquidSmooth and lag, and ended up switching the governor (under Liquid Settings -> Performance) from interativex to ondemand. Everything has been as smooth.... as liquid... since