Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

prefect posted:

Pinball Wizard is in there. (I suppose it's only fair, since Bally gets name-checked in the song.) And I'm going to go crazy unless I figure out where I've heard the woman's voice who talks to the werewolf. I know I've heard her in another game.

No wonder Elton John lost in the movie, he's the Bally table king and they were playing a Gottlieb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
And the iOS version is out on time, surprisingly enough.

The Cheeto
Dec 14, 2011

Please watch these middle-aged men playing video games
They also just sent out the Newsletter and if I'm right about the table hint it looks like High Speed's gonna be Table of the Month and Earthshaker's the next release.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Oh, rad. Twilight Zone is this month's free table.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Pinball Arcade version 4.2.0 play pinball every day.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

The Cheeto posted:

They also just sent out the Newsletter and if I'm right about the table hint it looks like High Speed's gonna be Table of the Month and Earthshaker's the next release.

Ooooh, bitchin'! :getin:

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I really hate PZ's Make a Request kickout hole. It always kicks out into the left outlane and no amount of nudging can save it. :argh:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The request hole is drainbait on most physical PZ machines as well.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Luigi Thirty posted:

No wonder Elton John lost in the movie, he's the Bally table king and they were playing a Gottlieb.

I was watching that scene the other day and thought "boy, it would be cool if TPA did Buckaroo". Then I realized it's a lot like Central Park, with the tiny flippers and a dozen different undefended lanes you can drain through, and I decided I'm okay with not playing it. :)

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Tato posted:

Apparently people who have been beta testing Party Zone have said that the MIDI version of Pinball Wizard is still included in the game, while Purple Haze has been excised. I'm impressed they were able to keep the former, and the latter makes sense because it's pretty much impossible to get the Hendrix estate to license anything.

Ooh, so the Tommy table's in with a chance then?

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Nov 15, 2014

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
For pinball enthusiasts this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/262470/ is coming out in two days. I don't really know anything about it but it looks like it could be entertaining. I doubt the physics are anything special but hey someone trying something a bit different looks worth a look.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Nurge posted:

For pinball enthusiasts this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/262470/ is coming out in two days. I don't really know anything about it but it looks like it could be entertaining. I doubt the physics are anything special but hey someone trying something a bit different looks worth a look.

I'm a sucker for this kind of thing.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

cosmicjim posted:

I'm a sucker for this kind of thing.

Same here. I still have my copy of Odama complete with GCN mic. I loved that dumb thing more than it deserved. I'll definitely end up checking this thing out.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Nurge posted:

It's also coming out for PS4 and Vita with crossbuy, if you have those.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

BiggerJ posted:

Ooh, so the Tommy table's in with a chance then?

A chance, but that table is based on the Tommy Broadway show and uses the music from it, so there's a load more rights to secure. I assume it would include the band and all the associated labels, the writers of the show, the labels that hold rights to the cast recordings, maybe cast members? I wouldn't bet on that one making TPA any time soon.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I really like Party Zone and have enjoyed playing it. Fun theme, less obnoxious than Dr. Dude, and it isn't at total drain monster. I can keep games going for a long time, although racking up big scores takes some work.

Hitting the out of control targets on the side enough times to get the Extra Special is going to be tough though. All the other goals were pretty cake.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tato posted:

I really like Party Zone and have enjoyed playing it. Fun theme, less obnoxious than Dr. Dude, and it isn't at total drain monster. I can keep games going for a long time, although racking up big scores takes some work.

Hitting the out of control targets on the side enough times to get the Extra Special is going to be tough though. All the other goals were pretty cake.

I've gotten close to the Extra Special a couple of times. Not only are the targets tough to hit, but that tunnel/passage/what-do-you-call-it is easier to hit off of a slingshot than a flipper, and that's all kinds of dangerous.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Jersey Jack Pinball is debuting The Hobbit at IAAPA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F67VJOHkm48

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
Looks like they fixed the GI issue from WOZ. That game was a bit too dim in a dark setting.

I'm just not as excited about The Hobbit now that I know they've got a Lawlor game next. I'm sure The Hobbit will be a fine pin, but Lawlor with no licencing and a budget is more exciting than this.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'm interested in playing it but the theme does nothing for me. It does look like they integrated the movie clips into the game much better than with WOZ.

Big Lebowski is still at the top of my "must play" list right now. Any word on if one will be popping up in the Chicago area

Also got a chance to play Walking Dead for a bit this past week. The rules still seem kind of light but I thought the table flowed well. The odd thing was how little the TV show factored into the game. It's more of a generic zombie pin than a Walking Dead pin. Which is weird considering the AMC logo is plastered all over the thing.

breaks
May 12, 2001

I think the problem there is that TWD is such a character based show, and once they start incorporating the characters then they have to start getting licenses from all the actors and costs escalate rapidly, I imagine.

Hobbit looks great to me, I see some folks elsewhere complaining about the lack of stuff to do and I don't get it. 9 shots, 3 motorized target banks, four rollovers, four orcs/etc... With that quantity of stuff and Keith Johnson doing the rules you know there will be plenty there. I guess it's a pretty open table especially considering how much stuff they got in there.

TBL looks good too but I'm less hopeful to see that one on location in Austin. WOZ was the highest earning machine at Pinballz last I heard, so hopefully they'll think about picking up a Hobbit too.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Doggles posted:

Jersey Jack Pinball is debuting The Hobbit at IAAPA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F67VJOHkm48

I haven't seen any of the Hobbit movies. I should look for a novelization so that I know what's going on.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

breaks posted:

I think the problem there is that TWD is such a character based show, and once they start incorporating the characters then they have to start getting licenses from all the actors and costs escalate rapidly, I imagine.

Hobbit looks great to me, I see some folks elsewhere complaining about the lack of stuff to do and I don't get it. 9 shots, 3 motorized target banks, four rollovers, four orcs/etc... With that quantity of stuff and Keith Johnson doing the rules you know there will be plenty there. I guess it's a pretty open table especially considering how much stuff they got in there.

TBL looks good too but I'm less hopeful to see that one on location in Austin. WOZ was the highest earning machine at Pinballz last I heard, so hopefully they'll think about picking up a Hobbit too.

Yeah, TWD is a hard theme to incorporate. I was just surprised at how little incorporation there was. Barely anything from the show is in the table. Still enjoyed it despite not being real deep yet.

For some reason the JJP audience seems to have unrealistic expectations for machines. I mean there are valid criticisms of how Jack has handled things with his business, but the guy throws a ton of stuff into his pinball machines. His games have more toys and shots than any modern machine I can think of. It's one of the few machines out there that you can look at and see where all the money is going.

The price for Avengers seems to be plummeting. It's highly tempting to grab one. If anyone is interested in a machine, they're going for huge discounts and it's a really fun table in my opinion. Challenging enough that you wouldn't get bored with it in your home.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Does somebody know all the tables that have a "Midnight Madness" mode? I don't mean the ToM one, but rather the special multiball mode that shows up on some games when you play a game when midnight hits. Who Dunnit has it, Junk Yard has it, and Timeshock has it too, but beyond that I don't know any more.

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

TheMcD posted:

Does somebody know all the tables that have a "Midnight Madness" mode? I don't mean the ToM one, but rather the special multiball mode that shows up on some games when you play a game when midnight hits. Who Dunnit has it, Junk Yard has it, and Timeshock has it too, but beyond that I don't know any more.
http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/Cows&Easter.htm
ctrl-f midnight

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

I haven't seen any of the Hobbit movies. I should look for a novelization so that I know what's going on.

:eyepop: Good god, that is masterful.

tonedef131
Sep 3, 2003

TheMcD posted:

No but I can tell you Congo does for sure. I didn't even know that was a thing until I was playing Congo at 11:59 and the game started to freak out. Coolest poo poo ever, I really want Congo to be my next machine.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

TheMcD posted:

I can verify that TPA worked JunkYard's into the Steam version. Haven't tried Who Dunnit.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

I completely forgot about that site, thanks.

tonedef131 posted:

No but I can tell you Congo does for sure. I didn't even know that was a thing until I was playing Congo at 11:59 and the game started to freak out. Coolest poo poo ever, I really want Congo to be my next machine.

It's intense as hell, yeah. Intense multi-ball modes are always awesome, especially with the Midnight Madness where the DMD just goes all 60s Batman on you with "BIFF"s and "POW"s and "DOHO"s.

Tony Phillips posted:

I can verify that TPA worked JunkYard's into the Steam version. Haven't tried Who Dunnit.

Who Dunnit also has it worked in, I tried both to verify for myself that those actually had it. Wouldn't that mean that whenever you want to go for a high score, you'd be stupid not to trigger it, since it gives you a ton of points?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Don't forget Free Play Florida is this weekend in Orlando. Stern's bringing two Walking Deads, there's going to be a Wizard of Oz, GENIE :argh: and someone's bringing Alvin G tables this year.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

prefect posted:

Who has time for three long movies? Watch the Rankin and Bass one from '77. 90 minutes, right to the point.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Don't forget Free Play Florida is this weekend in Orlando. Stern's bringing two Walking Deads, there's going to be a Wizard of Oz, GENIE :argh: and someone's bringing Alvin G tables this year.

Genie is pretty fun in person. There used to be one on location here in Chicago that I played a bit, but no more.

Among the Alvin G tables, my favorite one is A.G. Soccer. Truly fantastic. It's the best simultaneous two player pinball there is (not that there's many others) and it's just baffling to me that it wasn't a success. Mystery Castle is pretty fun too, but A.G. Soccer will always be their best table to me.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Genie is a lot of fun in person. It just feels like such a gigantic table and bouncing between all the different sections of the table is fun.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Finally got all the wizard goals on Dr Dude. Overall, I love the theme and artwork on the table and there are some cool things to do, but it's kind of disappointing that it's pretty much a one shot game if you're going for points. No real reason to go for much besides the Mixmaster over and over. I want to love you so much Dr Dude, but there's so little to do.

We have all the "party" games now except the very first one, Party Animal. Anyone have any opinions on it? http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1763

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

My nemesis

Also got to play an LED Episode I with a flatscreen in the cabinet. And THIS marvel

The Cheeto
Dec 14, 2011

Please watch these middle-aged men playing video games
That table's lighting looks like it was done by Joel Schumacher and I love every bit of it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Also got to play an LED Episode I with a flatscreen in the cabinet. And THIS marvel

If there was a Hotline Miami pinball table, I imagine it would have to be similar to this.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

Tato posted:

We have all the "party" games now except the very first one, Party Animal. Anyone have any opinions on it? http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1763

I don't know about the virtual tables, but the actual game is horrid. It has a cute jumping frog, but that's it. The jukebox sounds awful, and the furry theme is just creepy. I'd say it'd be a good game for a 6-8 year old, but it's kind of too sexual for that.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

I thought I had a line on a Rollergames with a toasted playfield for $300 today, but the seller had his games confused. Turned out to be Millionaire. No thanks. Color me sad, I miss my Rollergames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wamdoodle posted:

If there was a Hotline Miami pinball table, I imagine it would have to be similar to this.

That's such a good idea.