Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Is it just me or is Pinball Arcade really volatile? It crashes every twenty minutes on my Macbook pro.

Also, I would just like to say that Goin' Nuts is the hardest game of pinball I've ever played.

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Dec 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

petewhitley posted:

I like nearly all of the commonly poo poo upon tables in Pinball Arcade (Harley Davidson, Tee'd Off, Cue Ball Wizard, etc.) but I honestly feel ripped off that I paid money for Goin' Nuts. It's not even the difficulty level, it's just completely unfun and had the absolute worst "music" of any pin I've ever seen.

I understand why they included it since it's so rare. It's like playing a $1000 Atari game like Chase the Chuck Wagon—you play it and learn there's a reason why no one actually bought it.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Speaking of lovely rare games, the makers of Pinball Arcade, Farsight Studios, are the same people that made Action 52 and by proxy, Cheetahmen 2.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Is there any news on how long until this comes to Xbox360? I have it on my Mac, but it is laggy and crashes every fifteen minutes.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I don't like Goin' Nuts because it's built around a timer and I hate timers. I want to have time to plan out my shots.

I've also been playing a lot of Pinball Arcade recently and the Gottlieb tables have grown on me. At first I thought they were old and bullshit hard, but now I've come to appreciate them.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

insidius posted:

No it would not have been really. Its more that at the time I placed the order for mine I had actually planned on not picking one up until early January until
being informed by the sole distributor that the AC/DC run had ended and he had one more machine left coming in his next container which forced my hand
to place down an immediate deposit.

Obviously there was no way to tell that this was going to occur and I prefer the look of the original premium anyway. Besides I have been busy lately considering
what my next machine after AC/DC will be.

Currently torn between LOTR and TZ.

Central Park.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

DrNutt posted:

I mean, I've been kind of working on the assumption that these were all going to be pretty much off the table anyway, unless Farsight received some kind of crazy influx of money as a result of some kind of pinball hysteria that started sweeping the nation anyway. I know they've done Kickstarters but they all seemed to be for really iconic tables, and while there are some solid tables in that bunch, there isn't really anything I'd put up there with Twilight Zone or TNG.

To a certain generation, those first three Star Wars pinball tables are iconic, so I think those could be kickstarted.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Parallax Scroll posted:

FX2 is a vastly superior piece of software in that it has a good UI, good friends/leaderboard support, isn't full of game breaking bugs, etc. I just don't like the way the pinball actually plays in it.

The bugs give it charm, in my opinion.

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 17, 2013

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Random Stranger posted:

Is it me or is Pinball FX2's Ms. Splosionman really easy? My third attempt resulted in my highest score ever on Pinball FX table thanks to two extra balls and almost non-stop multiballs. I don't even think I did particularly well since I had trouble completing some of the modes.

It's not as easy as Plants vs. Zombies.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Are the flippers on Centaur supposed to be silent or is that a bug?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I fell kind of bad because Farsight answered my bug report on Christmas.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

King Vidiot posted:

Has anybody sent in a support e-mail to FarSight and gotten any kind of satisfactory response, a hotfix, or anything of that sort? I was going to message them to complain about how they hosed up the post-processing for some of us, with system info and all that, but I don't know what good it would do.

I have and they always email you back with a response. The mac version of Centuar used to have no sound for the flippers and they fixed that for me. They also fixed the crash on opening the program bug I encountered.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Does anyone have problems with slowdown on the iOS version? I'm lagging a lot.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

The problem it have with BK is that getting the million point standard goal crashes my game. :argh:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Is it just me or is Who Dunnit really buggy? I've had more fuckups playing it than I've had playing all of season 1 so far.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Good news. According to the newest newsletter, Farsight is going to update the Xbox 360 version again. All titles are going on there.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Since the new update, I can't get any season 3 tables besides Fish Tales. Is anyone else having this problem?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Nurge posted:

I tend to turn all sounds off after I play any pinball table in either Zen or TPA a few times and just listen to music while playing. It makes things a lot more enjoyable in a majority of the cases I've found, and sound cues are rarely critical to figuring out what's going on. This isn't really any kind of a real work-around but just figured I'd post in case it helps.

e: Except TNG because the voicework and music on that table is just too good.

I have to mute tables to play well because the music and sound make me panic.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Since Dracula is coming, what are the chances of getting Addams Family?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Finally got my computer fixed, so I'm playing a lot of tables for the first time today. So far, Season 4 is looking solid, Phantom and Party Zone are really fun.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

What gives with Phantom, I thought that all Data East machines were garbage?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Tony Phillips posted:

Phantom's rule set is as shallow as a mud puddle - give it time to do whatever the opposite of growing on you is. GnR and Tommy are both great Data East tables.

dat art tho

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

When, if ever, are we getting Big Bang Bar?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

A game that's I've liked less and less as I've played it is Who Dunnit. After a while, the shots seem dull and hitting the exit on the elevator is infuriating with all the bounce back on that tray

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

My deepest wish is that we somehow get Big Juicy Melons on After Dark

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Discendo Vox posted:

As someone whose pinball experience is almost entirely from lurking this thread from the last few months, can someone lay out what makes Goin' Nuts so terrible? It's practically a thread meme.

Multi ball should be a treat, not the main course. Also, it's on a strict timer so you can't plan your shots to get all the way up the big rear end table to restart multiball

To go against the grain, I prefer Haunted House to Black Hole.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Hey, I read hear that you can turn off parental mode in Scared Stiff, could someone tell me how to do this?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Tony Phillips posted:

Through the operators controls if you have the pro version.

Thanks, it took me a while because I don't have the operating manual

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

LordPants posted:

What really bugs me is in real life you can skip the "match for free game" in real life but not in the pinball arcade :shrug:

But how will I know if I win???

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

canyoneer posted:

Guys check out this ~*~*CUSTOM MANCAVE PINBALL~*~*. Practically giving it away for $2,000!
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/for/4865126986.html

How do you even reach the flipper buttons? :psyduck:

It's two player noob

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Oddly that's not the only custom table on local Craigslist.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/tag/4812814957.html

That looks pretty cool actually

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

zoux posted:

Now that I don't have the first gen iPad, Zen Pinball runs like a dream and I'm really enjoying it. I like that the tables are designed not under the paradigm of "suck this mark's pockets dry of quarters" and they are loaded up with modes and bells and whistles. I know this question comes up all the time, but I looked thorough the last 20 or so pages and didn't see it. I'll try to put a different spin on it: Are there any Zen Pinball tables (iOS, so it's missing quite a few FX2 tables) that I should specifically avoid?

I remember Xmen and Spiderman being bad

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Niwrad posted:

How come Dr Who wasn't a more popular table? It's got a really cool set of rules to it and one of the most unique playfield toys you'll ever see. Has great audio too. Just feels like this should have been up there as a top pin from 90's unless I'm missing something.

No one gave a poo poo about the Dr. Who license in the 90s

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

As someone who is not a fan of Pat Lawler's work, I have to say that I'm a fan of Addam's Family. The design is a lot tighter than on his other machines, and he doesn't just use toys as a crutch like he normally does. Good retroactive job, Pat

Smirr posted:

Wait wait wait, don't get me wrong. I had a blast playing that Addams Family table, it's just that the sound was turned off and the lighting was lovely. My post wasn't supposed to mean 'I'm glad I can finally sit at home and play virtual pinball', it was supposed to mean 'I'm glad I can finally practice this specific table and eventually go back and play that table and know what the gently caress I'm doing and maybe post a highscore'. TPA has really, REALLY lost its appeal after that first round. Real pinball is so much better than I thought.

I'm happy that there's a way for me to play pinball that doesn't require me to pay a grand for a table that I don't have space for, since there's no way to play pinball in my area

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 21, 2015

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'm glad that Black Knight is so broken that they're still sending out patches for it lmao

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but does anyone know what the next table on TPA will be?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Collateral Damage posted:

"In Search Of" I think.

I was going to say, torrenting an entire pinball machine would be hard

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Clouseau posted:

Both Farsight and Stern have teased over the past two years that they would do a recent Stern game, but there's a ton of hurdles for them to jump over. Not only is there the licencing concern, but also the fact that TPA can't emulate SAM/SPIKE system games (because they'd be too demanding on phones).

There's also the question of if Farsight would be up to roll out a patch every time that Stern drops one for one of their games.

With all that said, I'd love to see the more code complete recent Stern games out on TPA since I probably will never get to see the wizard modes otherwise, and it'd probably help me learn their weird nuances for tournaments.

I'd love to have Lord of the Rings on TPA

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Tony Phillips posted:

I should amend my prior post - the "Meh" was for their pinball selection. The museum itself was pretty cool, and free to get into. Worth walking through if you're in the area.

How long until we get a Laffin' Sal pinball machine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

ovaries posted:

Addams Family aside, what do you think is the best table in Season Four of PA right now? I've tried the trials but it's hard to get a sense of what has the most longevity based on those alone.

Dracula and Party Zone