Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I haven't had a chance to play FX2 too much yet but I really wish they had the feature from Williams Collection that explained all the table goals and what different places on the table did. That was so helpful.

Anyways GT: Dr Fishbulb Esq.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Zero Karizma posted:

I didn't even realize that you could manually launch the ball with the right stick. I am a complete rear end.

You only can on the FX2 tables.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Mother fuckers be good at pinball

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I really like Tales of Arabian Nights on Williams collection for some reason even though the loving Harem goal is broken like a two bit whore

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Max22 posted:

:siren: If you're having trouble getting Harem Multiball on the Arabian Nights table from PHOF:Williams, activate "Sinbad and the Rocs" mode. That opens an easy path to the pop bumpers. Keep the mode active for as long as you can and keep firing the ball into the pop bumpers; it bounces back into the Harem Sneak-in really easily when this mode is in play. :siren:

Yeah I've read that online a bunch and I still can't get it. Its ridiculous.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Ned posted:

I'm very jealous of the goon who owns a Medieval Madness table. Tina Fey did the voices and it is a great machine.

Wait... what?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
That seems pretty awesome. Not getting any more FX2 DLC. Sorry Zen.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I have to admit that ever since Pinball Arcade got announced I have completely lost interest in Pinball FX/Zen etc...

I can't wait for Pinball Arcade.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I loving BLARGH

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So Pinball Arcade should finally be coming to XBLA tomorrow and is apparently 800 points (10 bucks) has there been any word on how its going to be distributed tablewise? Like, the iPad version only comes with 1 table and then you have to buy more, but it doesn't cost 10 bucks either.

I mean, I'm going to buy it no matter what but I'm just curious.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

petewhitley posted:

At some point on their Facebook page they confirmed it was going to include all 4 current tables.

Amazing, amazing.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Trastion posted:

ok someone said a while back that Pinball Arcade was to be released on the PS3 by the end of March. It is April. Any update to a release date for the PS3? Farsight makes great games but they SUCK at letting people know any info about when things are coming out.

Its coming out this week. It was supposed to be last week (March) but they delayed it on xbox for some reason and then delayed it on PS3 for a simultaneous release.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Trastion posted:

You would think they would post this on their useless website for the game or something. Do they not know how to market their poo poo? They would probably have a 100% increase in sales if they let people know some info about their games like release dates and such. I know they have that crappy website that has a video of the game and not much info and also a facebook page but I despise facebook and it is impossible to dig through past post to try to find any info.

I guess yeah? Okay.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Does anybody have a link for like, a youtube video talking about all the more 'advanced' pinball flipper tricks? I can pass the ball from one flipper to the other no problemo but I know theres a lot more stuff you can do and I'd like to nerd it up the next time my kid wants to watch the loving Bubble Guppies or whatever.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Pinball Map has informed that there are like 7 Harley Davidson tables in ABQ.

But the bowling alley around the corner has Twilight Zone and Simpsons Pinball Party so I guess I'm going bowling.

I am a college educated bowler so thats nice.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

The Kins posted:

From the Pinball Arcade Facebook:

Eh, what are they supposed to say 'nope, never'

I'll believe it when I see it :colbert:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

KamikazeJim posted:

So there's the possibility of as many as 7 more tables that appeared in the Williams collection may appear over time as Pinball Arcade DLC.

I'm okay with that, it's probably a lot easier for them and I'd rather have those tables in a digital format I can play without swapping disks anyways.

Also I don't have to buy the tables I don't care about, like Funhouse and Space Shuttle!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It's further problematic because the companies that own some things might not want to bring back old versions of their intellectual property. Like, there's a new Star Trek film franchise now, why should be bring back a show that's been off the air for 15 years? It will dilute our media penetration on the new franchise etc...

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
My kid loving (3) loving loves Black Hole. She calls it Space Pinball and she'll just sit there smashing the flippers for an hour. I thought she would like TOAN or Theater but nope, it's Daddy let's play Space Pinball! She got on the inverted table once and she freaked out. It was pretty fantastic.

Sorry if that's a little E/N I just thought it was cute.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Apparently Lawrence Kansas (college town, home of KU a bit outside the KC metro area) has an arcade/bar that specializes in pinball. Can't find any listings on their site of what tables they have (site sucks) but hey that's still pretty cool. Thanks for posting about cool ponball spots in your towns, made me google mine.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

ExMortis posted:

Are you talking about the Replay Lounge? I lived in Lawrence from '01 to .. '07ish? and as far as I remember they maybe had one pinball and Tekken 2, but I wasn't as crazy about pinball then as I am now so I may not have noticed. I can't think of anything else in Lawrence unless it's new since I left.

What really? gently caress the web is lying to me :(

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Zip posted:

Wait?! When the gently caress did we get the new tables on 360 and ps3? I dont have these

He's talking about the Wii version of the Williams Collection disc. It is missing a couple tables that the PS3/Xbox version has. MM hasn't come out for Pinball Arcade yet.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Beelzebozo posted:

No, but you were 12 when Williams folded. Without any nostalgia pull factoring into your pinball experience you are just as likely to enjoy the video gamey end of the spectrum as you are the practical tables (or virtual recreations thereof). All I'm saying is that dudes who are 35+ today have a built-in bias against Pinball FX. Surely some in this demographic love that product, but there is a bias is all.

I'm only 33 and I still have ridiculous nostalgia for real tables :colbert: theory destroyed.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Space Pinball is fun, gently caress the haters!

It is kinda unfair sometimes though...

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Avril Lavigne posted:

I covered this earlier in the thread but, what makes you think that? The only license involved belongs to Cassandra Peterson who loves Scared Stiff and is pretty much up for putting her face on any product.

She has a face?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Blast Fantasto posted:

Holy poo poo. If they get the Elvira table I'll go nuts.

I have no idea if that's a "good" table, but the greasy spoon hot dog joint by where I went to High School had one. I played that like 3 days a week for two years.

You played an Elivra table for years during your adolescence and you don't know why? I know why...

Honestly though its a pretty good table and Elivra is a cool lady.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I really can't imagine why Steam won't sell it. What are they remotely going to lose by selling it?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So how much did all that cost you because now I want to do a project....

Also how does it work for nudging? you might have mentioned that I'm not sure.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I tried playing Visual Pinball on my PC and it looks like poo poo and runs like rear end so I don't see much reason for Farsight to be worried.

On the subject of Twilight Zone etc... I just can't believe the Twilight Zone license would be that expensive. Show hasn't been on in like 60 years, all the remakes of it are terrible, the movie was a huge disaster. I wouldn't think that license would be very expensive at all at this point. Media companies are so loving greedy.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
i3 with 6 gigs of ram and a bleh graphics card.

I'm sure there are various ways I could spend hours downloading drivers and tweaking settings to make it work but I'm not going to do that so I'll just stick to thinking its lovely.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Yodzilla posted:

So they can give out codes for iOS? I thought that wasn't possible for some reason.

I was reading an article the other day on some apple blog about how people were going to get their kickstarter iOS aps to work and apparently Apple will work with people to make versions that work. Basically it said that one company was releasing and ap financed via kickstarter and apple had agreed to let them release a version of the ap for kickstarter people that was unlocked by a code or something, and selling a full featured version in the ap store. I dunno apparently they figured out a way to make it work.

Oh heres the article

edit: Too bad the kickstarter doesn't apply to the Xbox version since thats the only version of PA I'm getting. Hopefully it'll just come up on Xbox eventually anyways :(

FishBulb fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 18, 2012

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Blast Fantasto posted:

This doesn't make any sense to me. Microsoft allows people to give out download codes all the time.

I'm betting it has something to do with kickstarter funding, like, MS wants to get paid per sale and wants to control how its sold and thats out of their hands if Farsight is just handing out codes. Something dumb like that, its MS, they are pretty dumb about how XBLA works some times.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Zeether posted:

You should see the back glass for Farfalla.

I had to google that but apparently their are different versions based on country and the US version is not impressive :colbert:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
That doesn't make any sense MS gives out codes for DLC all the time.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
The only thing I'm worried about with the TWilight Zone thing is if they sell a bunch of them at 10 bucks a pop are new tables going to start costing more because they've proven they can get that kind of money?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Glad they added Xbox to the kickstarter, I have now provided my 10 dollars.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Announced future DLC is great but I'm still waiting for past DLC to come out on Xbox :colbert:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Thats cool. I hope they make it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Thats pretty much how I feel too. I mean, I guess I'd give them another 10 bucks for Star Trek but I don't really care about the 25+ rewards so I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I want to punch that guy in the mouth and then hit him in the head with a delicious root beer bottle for some reason.