Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbyabc
Mar 2, 2004
:-)
Wow this game rules! the first time the siege sequence started on Excalibur I got a chub :awesome:. I've only got a couple of tables so far and I suck, but anyone feel free to add me, I need some scores to try and beat.

gt: carlt0nbankz99

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbyabc
Mar 2, 2004

Tasteful Bulge posted:

And Excalibur... It's aimed at one ramp that's practically impossible to hit, because you need a combination of momentum and precision. Don't get me started on Excalibur's dueling area. If I ever meet the mouthbreather who set that one up, I'm going to whack him in the nads with a nickel-filled sock.

Is there a table in FX2 that mostly has shots that you can make just with precision? I've got spare points but I'm clueless on which one to buy next. I generally play very slowly and carefully, and unfortunately most of the shots you need to make on Excalibur can't be made from a position where you're just holding the ball completely still on the flipper. (sorry if this makes no sense, it's hard to explain as I don't play a lot of pinball)

kirbyabc
Mar 2, 2004

Sizone posted:

With the exception of Rome all of the tables in in the PFX2 core pack satisfy that criteria. The only real deviations from it, from my experience, are Rome and Excalibur. I flipper trap like an old man nursing a glass of cheap wine and can manage to do alright score-wise on all the tables...except Rome and Excalibur. Those are also the two table with the briefest hurry up times on the special modes. Try view 6 (and sit as close to your monitor/t.v. as you possibly can), it takes a little while to get used to, the ball won't go -quite- where you expect it to, but after a few hours of play you should be able to call your shots and make them most of the time.
cool thanks, looks like my mistake was getting heavily into Rome and Excalibur first because they were the prettiest :downs:

kirbyabc fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Nov 11, 2010

kirbyabc
Mar 2, 2004
Dammit! I had 30 million on ball 2 of Excalibur, and I had earnt an extra ball in the siege...I thought for sure I was gonna beat the goon on 49M, but I completely hosed up the last 2 balls cause I was too excited :(. Still, 2nd place :D