Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

I'm dying to get my hands on the PS4 version :(

According to the PA fan forums, the reason it didn't make launch is because it (predictably) didn't pass Sony certification due to bugs. They fixed it and it's currently up to Sony to give this rev a pass or fail. People were expecting it today, that didn't happen so hopefully next week.

Oh, and I guess its only Season 1 tables released with no ETA on Season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Billy Gnosis posted:

I've only played the 360 and now recently the PS4 version (thinking about doing the same thing you are doing). I haven't noticed any lag but I've only really played around with the Twilight Zone since I finally was able to redeem the kickstarter code for it.

Unless the "flipper lag" is really subtle on the PS3, I don't think its in the PS4 version.

Although I am mildly concerned that only season 1 is available on the PS4 so the same thing will happen again.

I guess FS is going to start releasing Season 3 tables for PS4 starting mid-March, and then release all of Season 2 at once later. They claim Q2 of this year, but ya know...FarSight.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Yalborap posted:

Well hell, you're right. My score's now pretty consistently up in the 5-10 million range, and I've got top of the internal scoreboard with 17 mil. I'm pretty happy with that.

Which only leaves one thing before I feel like I can put this table away for a while. The loving Harem Multiball. I can see what I have to do in theory, but I can, not, loving hit that passage with any amount of consistency. Any tips on that one, guys?

That's probably the hardest Standard Goal in all 3 seasons, along with collecting the 3 objects in Whitewater. They both should have been Wizard Goals. But at least there's two ways to complete the Whitewater Goal. The Harem Multiball is just a giant pain.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Mr. Met posted:

Of course this would happen after I make the jump to PS4, which is now behind PS3 and seems to be in some kind of limbo itself.

In true Farsight fashion the PS4 situation is completely convoluted. The first two season 3 tables are coming out on the 22nd, but theres no word on the schedule for the rest of Season 3. Meanwhile, Pinball Arcade will be coming out for the XBone in the middle of the summer with all of the Season 2 tables available. At some unknown point after that, Season 2 will finally come out for PS4. FS had to make a deal with Microsoft that Season 2 comes out first on XBone to bypass the weird indie game rules MS has put into effect.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Ryuga Death posted:

Thanks for the advice. Those side lane drains and me sitting there like a doofus staring at the ball going straight down the middle has killed me plenty. Also, panic flipping.

A question, are the pro table season packs as dumb as they seem? I don't really understand what they offer. Being able to mess with the table settings?

The pro tables let you get into the operator's menu, which lets you change thing like number of balls per play, how often free games hit, stuff like that. Since you're not paying to play, none of it is really thrilling to me.

The pro version of Scared Stiff lets you turn off family mode, so there's some very slightly more risque jokes and sound effects, and a DMD animation of Elvira's cleavage that you don't see otherwise.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

TheMcD posted:

My personal favorite is a T2 at a bowling alley a decent distance away (but still the closest location with a pinball until we got our own). At one point, it stopped working (I think the launcher was broke, but it's been so long I can't remember), and the op claimed they had to order a part from overseas.

It's been two years.

Make him a lowball offer for the machine. I know someone who got an Addams Family dirt cheap because it sat turned off in a bar not making money and taking up space for a few years. He put something like 75 bucks into the repair and its perfect.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Firepower and Phantom of the Opera are even more brutal in real life than the PA versions. I had a chance to play both on free play last year, and the constant drains were so frustrating it became hilarious. It was really fun bonding with strangers over our embarrassing games.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Really happy I beat Rule the Universe on the PS4 AFM. It was the first time I played it in months, and I drained the first ball super quick so I was literally fist pumping when I hit it. Especially since I was never able to get it on the iOS or 360 versions.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Every clip from Bride of Pinbot.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Clouseau posted:

According to the game's press release this is the first game using their new generation of hardware, and the LE has an LCD screen (though it mentions that it will just play wrestling footage, so maybe it will have both a DMD and an LCD? I don't think they'd bother doubling up everything for it).

edit (more pics):

That wrestling ring toy looks pretty cool. It's been a while since they've had something that inventive on a game, hopefully it plays well.

As with most Sterns, its a graphic design nightmare, but I'm liking how Christ-like the Daniel Bryan flying headbutt pose looks like between the jet bumpers.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Nudging on a real table is a mystical artform. I've tilted with nudges that barely moved the table, but I've also had games where people are yelling because they can't believe the poo poo I'm getting away with without tilting,

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Alain Post posted:

Apparently the new table has a revamped physics system that might get rolled out across the game if the response is good. I was surprised when I actually did a live catch.

I didn't know about the revamp, and at one point the ball was coming down a bit slow, and I thought, "I really wish you could do live catches, this would be a good time to try one on a real table." And then I did one. Rad. I would love to try this new system on the other tables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Nice Meltdown