Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Kins posted:

End of the month, apparently.

PS3/Vita version is now scheduled to be released on April 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
From The Pinball Arcade Facebook page:
The Pinball Arcade for PS3 didn't come out for the European region today as was scheduled. Instead, the PS3 and Vita versions will be released at the same time on July 11, which is in 2 weeks.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ramagamma posted:

So not only are the new tables unavailable on 360 but they are available on PS3 but only in specific regions since my buddy from the UK on PS3 can't buy Pinball Aracade?
Your buddy can buy it today. It finally came out in Europe

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Zen Pinball 2 for PS3 and Vita is not coming out this month. :( Zen Studios last announced that the game would come out in around July.

A release date is still unknown, but the game is going through the submission process right now.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
A local nickel arcade had a working Theater of Magic machine along with a few other pinball machines. They were between 5 to 15 cents each. I always played them a few times whenever I went there. I stopped going there around 3 years ago.

All this talk about pinball games made me want to play them again. Unfortunately, the nickel arcade moved to a city 60 miles away a few years ago, and the building turned into a storage place for a hospital. :smith:

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

MarxCarl posted:

Someone over at that the Pinball Arcade fans page has done an interview with Bobby King http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/3737-TPAF-Audio-Interview-With-Bobby-King-(Round-1)

Points of interest:
They are not looking at the next gen consoles at this point, no ps4 and no next gen Xbox at this point

That's not true anymore. PS4 version was confirmed on PS Blog today by Bobby himself.

What happens if the PS4 version comes out before the Xbox 360 version? :v:

Also, WiiU version of Zen Pinball 2 is coming out this Thursday, March 21.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
2 pinball PS2 Classics (PS2 games remade for PS3 compatibility) were released in the European PlayStation Store this week:
Gottlieb Pinball Classics and Pinball Hall of Fame: Gottlieb. Both are £3.99/€4.99/AU$7.35 each

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
PS3 and Vita versions of The Pinball Arcade will be free for PlayStation Plus members in the NA region tomorrow. :toot:

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
PS3 and Vita versions of the season passes came out today, along with a season pass with all of the pro upgrades for $10 more.

Something screwed up for me and the Vita version of TPA is stuck in demo mode, even though I got the full version free and the PS3 version unlocked without problems. :mad: Posts on PS Blog say that this is happening for a bunch of people as well.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
The latest PlayStation Blogcast at around 13 min 10 sec said that the PS4 version of The Pinball Arcade is coming out this Tuesday, "hopefully everything lines up and we are on track". Uh oh, we've heard that before :ohdear:. I don't know if it's also coming out this Wednesday in the European region.

The only thing mentioned about price is that "If you own Season 1 [on PS3/Vita] in its entirety, whether you bought it all at once or piecemeal, you can get 50% off of Season 1 on PS4". There is no cross-buy offer between the PS4 version and PS3/Vita versions, which means you won't get free PS4 tables from owning the PS3/Vita or vice-versa.

PS4 version of Zen Pinball 2 is also coming out next week in both regions. The Sorcerer's Lair will be bundled with it for free. Only these tables will be available for for PS4 version, all free if you own the same PS3/Vita version:
- Earth Defense $2.49
- Epic Quest $2.49
- Marvel Pinball $9.99
- Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles $9.99
- Marvel's Doctor Strange $2.99 (coming out next week)
- Paranormal $2.49
- Plants vs. Zombies Pinball $2.99
- Star Wars Pinball $9.99
- Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force $9.99

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
It should. The Vita version of the Marvel Pinball pack showed up as a free download on PSN under my account when Zen Pinball 2 was released on Vita. I got the PS3 standalone version of Marvel Pinball free through PS+ years ago.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
There exists a PS4 Bluray version of The Pinball Arcade. :stare: I wasn't expecting a physical release of that. The FB post says it should be available at most stores soon. It's also listed on Amazon for $40, but Amazon either sold out of them or didn't release it yet.

The same FB post confirms a PS4 European PSN release this Wednesday.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
News of the day from The Pinball Arcade Facebook account: Mac Steam version of TPA will come out Monday.

Someone on NeoGaf got the PS4 Bluray version of TPA. Price was $35 at Toys R Us. All base and Season 1 tables are in it along with 11 balls, but none have the Pro versions.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Small update: PS4 version of Zen Pinball 2 will be delayed to next week in the North American region. It will still come out in the European region tomorrow.

PS4 version of The Pinball Arcade should pop up in the next 3 hours. Some of the PS4 table packs are already up.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
PlayStation Blog article says it's The Addams Family.

Also, PS versions are finally getting new tables this month.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
From the same PS Blog article, from comments made by the Farsight CM:

quote:

Still don’t have a date set for Season Two on PS4.
Season Two will not be cross-buy. We offered a PS4 discount for people that owned the entire Season One Pack on PS3, but I do not think we will be doing the same for season Two.

Wow, no discount for PS4 season 2 tables. :mad:

Also, they'll offer a pass for season 3 tables after all of them have been released.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Heads up PS4 Pinball Arcade players: there is a 5 GB game update for the new tables tomorrow. The game update is larger than the installed game file size. :psyduck:

Hopefully, the table trials will work before the PSN update on Tuesday afternoon.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Volfogg posted:

And unless they changed things for the PS4 (don't know since I'm still on a PS3), since it's an Update, you'll have to let it be the only thing going for however long it takes to download. No courtesy of setting it to download in the background and play something else. Oh no, you're leaving it there for the whole download and installation process. Hope you have other plans for while it updates that don't involve your PS4.

Again, I could be wrong and they changed this from the PS3 -> PS4, or it'll auto download through PS+.

Other games can be played while a game update is downloaded on a PS4, thank goodness. It's also possible to play the game that needs the update, but it won't connect online.

I can confirm that the trials for the new PS4 tables won't work until the store is updated. :sigh: After selecting one of the new tables, the game tries to access the listing for the table on PSN to sell before giving the option of playing the trial. Since the table isn't up, a PSN error about it being unavailable pops up and the game bumps you back to the table selection list.

Store update is usually around 11am to 1pm Pacific.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
There is nothing broken with the PS4 Bluray version of The Pinball Arcade, right? :ohdear: I might get that for myself soon.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's devloped by Farsight and published by "Alliance Digital Media" which just has this site.

This was what I was concerned about:

quote:

Retail Disc Version (PS4) – The PS4 version of The Pinball Arcade has been released on disc in the North American region and will be released in early 2014 in the European region. The disc version currently features 22 tables which includes the four core tables plus all the tables from Season One. FarSight plans to release a patch for the disc based version of The Pinball Arcade in 2014 which will allow for purchase of add-on content and should contain bug fixes and the addition of a few requested options.

...which makes it sound like the PS4 Bluray version is a separate unique version, compared to the PS4 download version.

I might be able to get it for $28, which is why I'm asking.

----

While searching for this info, Farsight said on The Pinball Arcade Facebook page that there will be a 50% off sale on Season 1 pass on PSN in North America this Tuesday, and apparently the base tables will be free!? :eek: I hope they meant the PS4 tables. That would be $15 if it was.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Aug 16, 2014

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
The free pack is only for the North American region. Sorry Europe.

Direct links on PSN webstore:
PS4 version
PS3 version / another version if first version doesn't work
Vita version

Farsight also said this

quote:

Today we are proud to announce that we are running the Summer Sale for mobile devices and Steam until September 2nd!

50% off - Season One
50% off - Season One Pro

Android:
Get Ripley's Believe it or not!, Black Hole and Theatre of Magic for only 99¢

iOS:
Get Ripley's Believe it or not!, Black Hole and Theatre of Magic for FREE!

As of now, the iOS pack of those tables is still priced.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Meanwhile, the mystery about when the season 2 tables for the PS4 version of The Pinball Arcade will be released was kind of solved:

quote:

XBox One Update
We are in the process of certification currently, so you can expect to see the XBox One version out in the near future! Those who chose XBox One as their platform will be notified when their table is unlocked.

PS4 Update
We will be launching Season Two shortly after the XBox One is released. This is because of a condition Microsoft requested for exclusive content. We must launch Season Two on XBox One before we can launch on PS4. Everyone will be notified when their tables have been unlocked!
Oh :xbone: with that.

Also this, though I don't know if this is old news or not:

quote:

XBox 360 Update

Microsoft has finally allowed us to get a new publisher! We are currently going through the certification process. We will be notifying people that chose 360 as their platform when their tables are unlocked.

As always we greatly appreciate all of your support! We couldn't do this without our amazing fans!

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Markzillla posted:

I can't demo the season 3 tables in Pinball Arcade on PS4. I keep getting this message "There is no content. It might not be for sale yet, or might no longer be for sale.", despite them being in the store. Is it working for everyone else? I'm in the UK if that makes a difference.

Did you download the base game with an account outside the EU region?
Have you tried restoring licenses on the PS4?

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Call Me Charlie posted:

Zen is releasing two South Park pinball tables in October.

Will there be an option to switch between fart and burp sound effects? :v:

I used to play in an arcade with a South Park table in the censored setting. *burp burp burp ahahaha burp burp burp burp burp* every time someone finished. :ssj: Annoying poo poo.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Beelzebozo posted:

I can finally play TPA on Xbox again, hooray! :toot:

Which tables/seasons are in this?

If Season 2 is in this, maybe the PS4 version will finally get them very soon due to the Xbox parity clause they agreed to.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
I don't believe this was posted here:

Season 2, rest of season 3 tables, and Phantom of the Opera are finally showing up in PS4 version of The Pinball Arcade.

As of now:
Only the Season 3 bundle and Pro Bundle are up in the North American PlayStation Store. No season 2 tables nor individual table packs from those seasons are up yet.
All table packs from Season 2 and rest of Season 3 are available in the European PlayStation Store. No season bundles yet.
Neither store has Phantom of the Opera up.

From here:
NA region will get the season 2 tables on December 23. Hopefully, the individual packs and trials will also be available.
EU region will get the season 2 and 3 bundles this Wednesday, December 17.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
I still can't believe no one made a Peggle pinball game, physical or virtual. I thought Zen would make one after doing Plants vs. Zombies, but that didn't happen.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
I know that. I was thinking a table stuffed with bumpers or panels instead of pegs, arranged kind of like a Peggle board, but with pinball stuff like ramps to go back up to the top.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Cross-post from the PS Store thread:

European/Australian PlayStation Stores:
For The Pinball Arcade PS4 version, both Season 3 Pack and Season 4 Season Pass are now available, along with the pro bundles and pro upgrade packs.

For whatever reason, Season 2 Pack won't be available until next month. Until then, only individual table packs from Season 2 are available to purchase.

So it's now okay to do season passes again after the drama with season 3? :raise:

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Free trials don't work anymore on the PS4 version of TPA for me. :( Anyone else here running into the same problem?
I have no connection problems with PSN, way after that DDoS attack a few days ago.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Some season packs for The Pinball Arcade on PlayStation Store are on sale once again:

Season 1:
PS4 version $14.99
PS3 version $14.99 (includes Vita versions)
Vita version $14.99 (includes PS3 versions)

Base tables are not free this time.

Season 2:
PS3 version $14.99 (includes Vita versions)
Vita version $14.99 (includes PS3 versions)

PS4 version of Season 2 is not on sale. Understandable, since it just came out last month.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

FishBulb posted:

I bought season 2 of TPA on my vita/ps3 today and it gave me table packs 11-14. Are there more? When I open the game I can't access season 2 or 1 but I dunno only 8 tables?

The other ones, table packs 15 through 20, should show up in PS Store under your PSN account as free downloads after buying the pass. Are they showing up as free for you?

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Heads up on the PA sale on PSN:

If you buy the Season 2 Pro Pass, don't claim the pro upgrade until you claim all of the tables. Apparently, if you claim the pro upgrade first, you are locked out of claiming all but 2 of the table packs on PS3 and Vita. :cripes:

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
PS4 version of TPA updated a few days ago with the new tables. Just like the previous update, the new tables won't be available until the PS Store updates on Tuesday at around 2pm Pacific.

Free trial and in-game purchase links are still broken. :mad:

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

canyoneer posted:

Here's an interesting coin door mod :stare:
:nws:nws

That would go great with Big Dick (extremely :nws:)

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yay, free trials finally work again on the PS4 version of TPA. :toot:

Starship Troopers doesn't have a free trial, though. :raise: I think that is the only table on PS4 without one.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Last January, I posted:

Heads up on the PA sale on PSN:

If you buy the Season 2 Pro Pass, don't claim the pro upgrade until you claim all of the tables. Apparently, if you claim the pro upgrade first, you are locked out of claiming all but 2 of the table packs on PS3 and Vita. :cripes:

Update on this:
I don't know when this happened, but the Pro Pass is now a bundle of all of the season 2 tables + pro upgrade. If anyone got locked out of downloading the season 2 tables, try claiming the Pro Pass again.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yup, same here. The most :farsight: of :farsight: glitches.

Tables up to Xenon are also in.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's a bit late, but Farsight released another game update 1.08 for the PS4 version last week, fixing the free table glitch. You can still play the tables if you still have the glitched 1.07 update installed, but the pro options won't work without 1.08 installed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
PS4 version of TPA was updated this week with first 3 tables of Season 5.