Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
Loving PinballFX2, need more goons! I'll add loads of you when I get home from work (DesdinovaBOC)

As for classic pinball games, Balls of Steel was great fun, and for physical pinball machines The Addams Family will be owned by me one day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
On Rome, the skillshot is worth a nifty 1 million. Launch the ball at full power with A, then use the upper flipper on the left to fire the ball into the head (that you normally use to select a mission). Haven't picked any other tips yet.

Added everyone on this thread, but not got many accepts :( I had a wash today guys, I swear. Don't cast me out!

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004

Billy Gnosis posted:

I've never made that shot (is there some sort of trick?). If you are really good at it, you should be able to destroy the "Romulus" multiball. Its my understanding that the jackpot for that is gotten by making that shot and it starts at 100 Mil and counts down.

No trick I know of - just hit the flipper when the ball is near the end. I only tend to get it one in 3 times though.

I had no idea that was what I had to do on the multiball. I was just so busy trying to keep my balls up (oo-er) that I didn't notice the goal. Tonight, I shall double my score or die trying!

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004

snackmar posted:

Same here, I don't think I've ever hit that skill shot more than once in a game.

Keeping two balls in play with the Western Garrison thingy is tough enough, but the multiball was a huge pain for me. (Although the table is generous with the ball saves.)

Also you don't have to try that hard.. Rome is the only table left that I've got the top score on. :)

(GT: Knighted)

Heh, that challenge you sent me spurned me to never rest until you are defeated! :)

Spamming the flippers with multiball when the ball save has run out usually helps a lot for me. My biggest pain is trying to get the skill shot for the mock battle thingy where you have to sink the galleon. Never hit it yet :(

I think that Rome is one of my best tables, and yet I don't have a single achievement for it. Weird.

Also, does anyone else think that the FX1 tables are harder now? My high score on Speed Machine on FX1 was 157 million, now it's something around 20. Surely I haven't started sucking that much?

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004

Sizone posted:

Take note of the flashing lights on the far left side of the table (right by where the ball goes in to start the mode). You'll see one red one flash on and off, then a yellow one come on steady, then the red one will start flashing again. Shoot when the red one is flashing. Rome's weird. It's my favorite table out of the new batch (tied with Secrets of the Deep maybe), it's the one that I feel like I've figured the most stuff out on and it's also the one I consistently get the lowest scores on. I also feel like there's a great pun involving the Romulus hole and Remus, but I can't quite get it.

I thought I was hitting the red one when it was flashing - still seems to me to be completely random, though I somehow managed to hit the galleon twice. Didn't see the yellow light at all though, so maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot.

I try to focus on the Veni Vidi Vici bonus, because getting up to a 10x (or is it 8?) is a big help for scoring. Probably my favourite too, but that's only because I can't figure out BioLab even after reading the rule sheet :(

Sent a request to more people. The robe shall be mine! Although I may have to defriend Backlash Jack to do so ;)

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
The Earth Defense one is for FX2 as well, haven't bought it yet but the trial seems pretty decent.

Can I be in the OP too? DesdinovaBOC

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
Just found out the Mars and Paranormal tables are coming out as DLC for the 360, as well as a Marvel table. No dates as of yet though.

Ref: http://195.56.170.66/forum/showthread.php?s=ee73dc0b877fa59fcf6c6e93363db1ce&t=2495

(about post 25)

Anyone got any tips for BioLab or Secrets of the Deep? Those are the 2 tables keeping my wizard score down (as well as SF2 but I don't play that much)

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004

Zero Karizma posted:

Aren't you one of those top 5 goons that are just shredding the rest of us in the scores? We want tips from YOU.

If it makes you feel better I am only top on 3 tables. Not many tips to give sadly except OCD restarting like some other goon mentioned earlier, and concentrate on ball saves when possible :(

Svampson posted:

Master the Super Skillshot

I've only managed to hit that twice. Could you let us in on whereabouts on the bar we need to be aiming?

Stealthed Zombie posted:

My strategy for Earth Defense (yes, I know no one expressly asked for it) has just been DATA BOWL. Over, and over, and over again.

Though I'm quickly discovering other things to do, especially since someone took away my top spot with by like a hundred million points

I like that one too, but there must be some secret we're missing - same with any table where the high scores are in the 1xx million range :(

quietmonkey posted:

:words:
Thanks!
Which one is the mine ramp? I already try for the submarine, mainly for the multiball but also each ball locked lights the ball save.

Oh, hitting the target through the periscope nets half a mil each time, and also lights the ball save.

The gutter defenses are lit by hitting the area to the left of the ship wreck, it says something like "Charging Right Magma Save" when you are doing it right.

Send me a request - GT is DesdinovaBOC

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
Awesome - I know what I'll be doing most of the night!

Also, got this tip off the Zen forums:

quote:

you can get an extra ball by completeing the three stages of the sunken ship without hitting an empty hole on the last stage. This will light the extra ball in the mission hole.

Haven't been able to try it yet though.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004

Sizone posted:

A lot of the Secrets of the Deep bonus modes require you to hit one ramp, then another, then another to complete. The sequence of the ramps seems to be randomized, like the holy grail quest in Excalibur. Protip: One of the ramps you will need to hit in Secrets of the Deep will invariably be one of the magnasave orbits (going through the orbit overhand charges right, underhand charges left). Look for the yellow guides by the orbits to be lit up, I failed the Kraken thing numerous times until I figured that out and now complete it at least 1/2 the time. Videomode challenges also agrigate, 500k for the first, 2 mil for the second so spamming narrow trench is also a good way to score, though I still can't figure out how to activate them. But, yeah, go for the mine multiball mostly.

After selecting the mission with the spinner, you have 30 seconds to hit the top right lock in the shipwreck area, not sure how to stop the mission being random though.

And Svampson, if that works I shall thank you endlessly (from my new top position on the scoreboard :D )

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004

Parallax Scroll posted:

Good luck with that. BTW, I'd add you but your friends list is full.

I've cleaned it up - I tried adding you in the hope your GT was the same as your username but no joy. Try again?

Svampson, the skill shot worked great, thanks! I got to second only to have WhiteHowler beat me by 2 mil :(

I really like Excalibur - but then I'm a sucker for King Arthur. The times on the ramp bonuses is a bit too quick though.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
Anyone got any tips on hitting the oasis in Pasha? It's the only thing keeping me from destroying the table :(

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
Yeah I noticed that - it would also explain why my FX1 scores are way higher all round than the FX2 ones on the same tables. Speed Machine FX1 high score - 300mil, FX2 - 50mil (ish).

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
Wait, adjusting flipper strength doesn't affect high scores? Interesting...

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I found on SOTD that the red area of the slider for launching the ball corresponds with the flashing light that you have to hit for the skillshot - if the flashing light is the furthest away from you (right on the camera) then you should be launching near the high end of the red area, with the closest light (leftmost) needing to be near the bottom end of the red spectrum. If that makes sense.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
The 1 million is a nice starting bonus :)

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
Hey all, been out of the thread for a few years (joined in sharing 360 gt's in 2010) and is there a goons pinball group on Steam? Or are we still sharing ID's?

Looking to get some more competition on my friends list for FX3, if anyone's similar here's my ID:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/duskmoor/

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004

The Voice of Labor posted:

If anyone's playing pbfx3 on steam, add me. steam name should be the same as forum name

Invite sent.

Not played in a while, as on my Xbone pad for some reason the triggers would erm..trigger without pressing them, had to use the bumpers then it started happening on that too. No problems on any other game, don't suppose any one here had a similar issue?

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
That's seriously impressive - seems he's done some work on a VPX version too, fingers crossed he finishes and releases it to the public.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004

AzureFlame posted:

He posted a link to the VPX demo in the about page but it seems like it was more for prototyping, no clue if he'll decide to go back and update.

Could you post the link here? Can't see the about page.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004

Cheers for this, couldn't find the link before.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004

The Joe Man posted:

Yeah can someone give me the idiot's guide/links to doing this right? Big torrent of everything maybe? Seems like there's tons of tables available we'd never get to play otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMin3p_lWUQ

I skimmed through this and it covers the basics to get things up and running, after I muddled through for hours getting everything setup. There was a goon in the VR thread who posted a tutorial too, though it didn't come up on my youtube search.

If you still want any pointers I'll keep checking this thread (I don't have plat).

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004

uXs posted:

If they would make the Addams Family just for FX4 that would probably make me finally buy something on the Epic Store.

Twilight Zone, too.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
Yeah it aint good but they're different accounts and they make more money getting people to buy the tables more than once as you and I have. Learned the lesson and not bothered with FX on Epic.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
There's a few more tables on PinballFX on Epic, PinBot and TAF both in their Williams style. It's a little better now they've scrapped tickets to buy tables, though TAF is £8. There's a Garfield Zen type one I've not tried yet, looks like Family Guy if you liked that table.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
Haven't woken up yet but isn't that offering 50% off buying the table to people with or without FX3 tables? Doesn't seem much of a bonus over people who dont have the FX3 ones...

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
It's still paying the same whether you have the originals or not was what seemed iffy to the people who've been buying their tables for years, graphics in the new engine didn't seem different enough to warrant a repurchase, some of their new originals weren't too bad, maybe companies realised people don't like buying tickets or xbux.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Pinball FX Updates

Pinball M(separate app)
The Thing (with video clip LCD display. The first FX table I've seen with that feature)

This could be the best table ever, surprised no-one has made a physical one yet, one of the best films I've seen.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004

mattfl posted:

I finally printed an eclosure for the 14.9" topper monitor I'd been using.

Turned out really nice and looks great.
The move to 4k I made last year looks amazing

That is a fantastic build - how much and how long to make?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
Is that lamp a one off bonus? If so that would mean that once you have it it would be lit until all the other lamps on the area are reset, also makes sense as to why player 2's was off if he didnt get the advance x.