Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

ilikelettuce posted:

Looking for some Pinball FX2 friends to artificially bump my score and also get depressed about my lack of skills:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrtetsuo

Same here if anyone is interested.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BeatnikFilmstar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Not a weird place really, but a guy with a Brooklyn accent so thick you'd think it was fake tried to pinball shark me at Coney Island once. No idea if "pinball shark" is a real term (It shouldn't be.) but it was bizarre. Played a half dozen games or so of some Simpsons table with him and my girlfriend at the time and held my own just fine. Beat him handily for most of them. Girlfriend left to play another table, and he suddenly said he wanted to make it interesting and asked what we should play for. I responded "Shits and giggles" and he proceeded to mop the floor with me three games in a row and left. His point was proven, I guess.

On a different note, yesterday was my birthday. Girlfriend and I headed over to SS Billiards in the Twin Cities area and played for a few hours. I don't really get to play tables that often, and loved every minute of it. So nice to go somewhere with tables that are clean and so well maintained. Only the third time I've been there due to it being semi far away, but will just have to make the trip more often.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

roffels posted:

You missed pinball circus on the weekend! Big ol' pinball party. I like SS Billiards but it smells like urine all the time. The owner is a nice guy, but his machines could use some love. Taxi especially.

right now, the best place around here to play well maintained tables is Mortimers in Minneapolis. Used to be mostly new games, but he has a lot of good classics in great shape.

Yeah - was talking to the owner about pinball circus having been the week before. First time I ever went there was my birthday two years earlier, walked in on that year's circus. Didn't have the time to get anywhere near my money's worth so didn't stay. Made the trek up to Blainbrook bowl instead, which is an interesting place to say the least.

Didn't notice any pee smell, though there were a couple flies that were annoying the crap out of me way more than I knew possible.

Thanks for the recommendation - will check Mortimers out. Moving soon from too far South (Rosemount) up to the South side of St. Paul. Am hoping being out of the burbs will increase my chances of playing actual tables more often instead of relying on Pinball FX2 for my fix.

Bonus pic for anyone that's been to SS Billiards:

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

FishBulb posted:

Can't imagine it's anything other than a Big Lebowski themed table.

Would be an oddly hilarious ad campaign if it wasn't.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Well, I just gave Arabian Nights a play and I gotta say, I didn't like it at all. I'm no pinball guru (haven't played an actual table in years :smith:) but the ball felt like it didn't have any weight at all behind it. It also seemed to just speed up the rear curving ramp faster than it was going when it hit the ramp. I dunno, Pinball FX felt a lot better than this.

Noticed the same two things. Floaty ball, and shots that felt like they'd not get up the ramp seemed to accelerate through the curve.

Happy it's out, but huh. Will probably wait a while before buying any tables. The DLC issue bothers me more than it should. Same for the high scores/friends thing.

And does anyone know of a list of what the different camera angles are / what they do. I'd like an overhead shot that DOESNT follow the ball. Do they even have one?

Edit / Confession - I'll give them my $5 for Medieval Madness regardless. I'm a whore.

DrNutt posted:

Setting 2, and be sure to turn the multiball camera off in the settings.

Thanks - a friend pointed me in the right direction but I hadn't gotten back to edit the post. Already liking it more.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 5, 2013

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
You guys are nuts. If I could make the free game noise my door bell, and make it louder than poo poo - I would. And the double knock you get for a grand champ score? That would be my ring tone. Then I'd just write my number on bathroom walls all over the place.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
I feel dumb here, but how in the Hell do you add friends to a farsight account? I logged into their site and don't see anything that helps at all.

(Please just add Steam friends functionality anyway.)

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Personal boycott of buying tables due to the DLC and Steam friends issue made it an amazing 9 hours. Christ. The table lineup for Season 1 was just too good. Just played a few games of Medieval Madness and I'm liking it a lot more than Arabian Nights. Will likely just play like a complete junkie tomorrow.

May be awhile before I bother with Season 2, though I do think that there are some good tables in there along with some crazy crap I've never heard of or seen before. I've mentioned this to a few pingoons before but my love for pinball developed in the late 70's and early 80's due to hanging out in a bowling alley arcade. Too young to have many quarters myself and being bored with watching Space Invaders, I spent too many hours watching people play tables like Gorgar, Alien, and Eight Ball Deluxe. Season 2 may be a lesser quality bunch of tables, but drat if hearing the sound effects to Firepower didn't give me really crazy flashbacks.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Which of the two seasons do people prefer? Unfortunately I recognize basically none of these pinball tables. I had a rather pinball starved childhood. :smith: About the only one I recognized was Theatre of Magic, and I don't know why, because I'm pretty sure I've never played it.

I can't imagine many people saying they prefer season 2 over 1. Season 1 is a pretty big who's who of great 1990s tables.

And for those that care - Pinball Arcade got cards added to it. Not a whole lot of them on the market either - most currently listed in the $1 range. No idea if they're selling or not, of course.

Edit - just realized that since it's a F2P game, you'll only get cards dropping if you've bought extra tables. They say you earn a card drop for every $9 spent in game, but I was allotted 5 for buying the pro version of Season 1.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 6, 2013

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Anyone know how well the PA version of Medieval Madness handles multiple balls getting into the catapult at one time?

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Parallax Scroll posted:

Any unsuccessful? I know there are other ways to get good points besides wizard mode, but I go for it anyway to keep the game interesting.

OK - question about Medieval Madness for those that can pull crazy billions+ scores.

I've found that the best way to score a lot of points outside of castles and during multiballs is stacking the hurry ups. It's also nerverwracking as Hell and I usually try to cash out immediately if I stack 3, or when adding more would take more than a single shot. Anyone know if there's a limit to how high you can go with it?

Also, thanks to PA, I've finally seen a couple barnyard multiballs - something I've never pulled off in real life. Might just be my favorite thing yet on the table. Oink Oink Moo.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Parallax Scroll posted:

I've never bothered stacking hurryups, I just hit the castle immediately when one starts up. Castle Multiball (the one you get by locking 3 balls) is probably the best way to get points overall once you get good at it, but I do a combination of that + wizard mode + end of ball bonuses.

I'm cursed at castle multiball. Have gotten ok at hitting the five ramps, but the second i hit the first super jackpot that lights the extra ball I do something dumb and screw it up. I've never even cleared the subsequent group of lit shots once.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Parallax Scroll posted:

I was probably playing MM for at least a year before I could pull off clearing all of them. If you manage to do it it'll really boost your score since it bumps up the jackpot value for the rest of the game.

Sadly, I've been playing MM off and on since it was released. I'm just not that good. Have played quite literally hundreds of games in real life and battled for the kingdom just twice. Didn't complete the required shots to attack the castle either time. Real life high score of 283 million. Beating a MM table is my white whale. Doing it on PA will have to suffice for now, and that's just a matter of time. It's considerably easier of course. After a few days, I'm routinely taking down all 6 castles - just always falling a ball short or 1-2 blue lights unlit when the 6th castle goes down. It will happen. Never touching this billion+ score crap though. That poo poo's nuts.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Lester Shy posted:

Any tips for dealing with the trolls on Medieval Madness? I'd wager that half of my drains on that table come within 30 seconds of starting that mode.

If you're having trouble with them, try avoiding starting them until you have completed one of catapult/joust/peasant/damsel first so that you'll have at least a 2 ball multiball (and a brief ball save) to work with on them.

And while I hesitate to even mention a score in this thread, I just ruled the universe twice in a game for the first time on Attack From Mars. :feelsgood: 69 billion and change.

Of course here's someone with an end of ball bonus a hair short of 65 billion, so I know my place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha8hS25okrw

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Small victories department - finished off the Wizard Goals on a table for the first time. "Taxi" of all things. Most are easy enough other than getting the Crossover bonus (I lucked it.) and a 500,000 point skill shot since you'll only get one or two tries per game at most.

A bit of a broken table though, as the best way to get points as far as I can tell has nothing to do with collecting passengers to light the jackpot. Hitting the ramps to turn on the million point shot over and over seems the way to go.

Edit - Add TOTAN to that list as well. Hadn't gotten the Harem Multiball for some reason, so decided to finish off the standard goals for the table while NOT taking jewels for the make a wish thing to see the effects to my scores. Was having terrible games, but the scores were definitely higher. Added 10 million to my high score during a game in which I only collected 2-3 jewels despite having previously saved the princess.

Unlocked the wizard goals, and since saving the princess was one of them I decided to just collect jewels again. Hit all the goals on the way, rescued the princess, and then switched back to collecting the right side bonuses the second time around. Ended at 89 million and change.

Gonna move on to another table for a while, but will be going back soon enough. I do like the table a lot despite it being rather unforgiving at times. Really would like to beat it without using the make a wish to collect jewels now.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Nov 11, 2013

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Medieval Madness technique question. Chasing the white whale again and got to the battle for the kingdom. Made the first round of shots and started in on the castle for the final time - where the trolls pop up and they aren't affected by shots. I knew this was the case and had saved troll bombs - dropped both of them right when they came up. I made 4 of the 6 shots on the castle, and then botched it.

Question to those who have done it a bunch - should you take the trolls down? Obviously it makes the shot on the castle easier, but also increases your risk of STDM crap coming off the gate. If you have the troll bombs in reserve - do you use them or not?

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Not that anyone cares but me, but another failed Battle for the Kingdom. Crap. Started the final shots on the castle with 3 balls left out of the 4, but only one troll bomb. It took out the left troll rather than the right one that I would have preferred. Right troll was the best goalie of all time. Got three shots on the gate, but drained out.

Did beat that stupid video mode though.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Nurge posted:

I'm not sure I've ever even managed to start a video mode in medieval in probably at least 20 hours of playing the table between PC and PS3. Is there some trick to that?

As others have mentioned, you have to light the F-I-R-E lanes 8 times to enable it. Merlin shows it as a possible award but you won't get it. Not sure if it's possible without lighting the lanes first, but I don't think so. As Some Great Paste mentioned though - if you light the lanes 8 times you will get it on your next Merlin's Magic guaranteed.

Also - kinda like pressing launch in the video mode for Attack From Mars, if you have them, Troll Bombs will kill all the buzzards on the screen at once. A nice feature if you're close to beating the video mode and have one to spare. Note that you really do want 2 Troll Bombs for the final battle if you get there, so I wouldn't do this if you don't have three or more. Not sure if you can use this feature more than once per video mode.

EDIT - Huh. Reading a bit, and you may just get one launch press per video mode regardless. Not sure if it uses a Troll Bomb or not.

Lastly - if you launch 3 cows in a row with the catapult, the children in the video mode that you're trying to save are replaced by calves. Unconfirmed by me, but I've read that the buzzards lift them slower, making the video mode easier to win. I enjoy the Barnyard Madness way too much to bother shooting only cows though.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 12, 2013

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Still haven't beaten Medieval Madness, but have now lost the Battle for the Kingdom twice in one game. Because pinball hates me.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
I'm so happy I made a collage like a 12 year old girl. Pinball scrapbooking, ya'll.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Creature from the Black Lagoon question.

Anyone else having trouble with the Move Your Car completion? It's been years since I played the table in real life all that often, but don't remember ever having trouble completing it. But on TPA I'm timing out nearly every time I try it after 2-3 hits because the ball is getting caught in the bumpers up top too long. Anyone know a way of getting the ball back down quickly? You can catch it on the right flipper easily enough, and the shot's not difficult at all, but I'm just not even getting a chance to complete it.

Discount Viscount posted:

The bumpers should stop the timer from advancing, at least they always have for me (you can see the same thing with hurry-ups and the bumpers on Medieval Madness). What platform are you playing on?

On PC. And yeah - I would expect the bumpers to stall the timer, but I'd swear they're not. Maybe I'm just being dumb. Gonna go test and make sure I'm not imagining this.

Edit - just had Move Your Car time out while the ball was in the bumpers, so I don't think it's the same at the bumpers/hurry ups in Medieval Madness.

Whatever. Not the end of the world, but a little annoying.

Edit edit - nevermind. It stalls the timer. Definitely had the timer at 8 going into the bumpers, and was still at 8 coming out a few seconds later. Odd that I've also had it time out while in them. May just be a Farsight thing.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 17, 2013

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Niwrad posted:

It's tough to do. You have to basically hit that shot from the right flipper each time without missing. I've gotten pretty good at that shot since you can be late on it and still get it through on the bounce. Usually though I just get 1 or 2 away.

Yeah. I got it a game or two after posting about it. Does seem to come down to not missing, or if you do - miss to the left ramp that feeds the ball back to the right flipper.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
That Humble bundle is ridiculous. I already had some of them but still added 18 tables for $6. Just played through 8 different Marvel themed tables. Definitely prefer TPA, but some of them (Hulk especially) were pretty drat fun. A nice kinda break from the (fake) real thing.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 21, 2013

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

Man, ball control is one of the most satisfying methods of cheating I've seen in a game. I love having the ball almost drain down the center and then just using my ball control voodoo to make it float back out of the hole and shoot up a ramp or into a scoop. It's also just great for if you want to learn exactly how features work or how many points certain targets are worth if you hit them X number of times, or for testing ball trajectories from the flippers.

Huh. Paid the extra $10 for the pro version of Season 1 and haven't utilized it at all. Am going to have to rectify that.

In "things that are important to me and nobody else" news, finally cracked 250k in "Hot Shot" the other day to finish off the wizard goals. After a handful of scores in the 200k range, I ended up topping 300k on ball 4. Screw that table hard.

Was also trying to beat the video mode in Attack From Mars. (Did it once while on the standard goals, but it doesn't count retroactively.) While trying to activate super jets in order to make video mode come up from the scoop, I suddenly found myself a single left ramp shot away from getting the 1,000,000,000 hurry up. Somehow didn't botch it and collected a goal that I thought would take forever to get. Then proceeded to do terrible on the video mode, but whatever. That's easy enough to trigger.

A few questions though.

I recently moved and don't have internet at my new apartment. Finished both of the above goals in offline mode. The game registered the goals as having been met, but of course I didn't get the achievement for finishing the Hot Shot wizard goals. Anyone know if that will trigger when I next log into steam online? Completely prepared to use the SAM if I have to.

Also set a personal high score on TOTAN. Any chance that actually gets uploaded to the TPA boards?

Lastly - any consensus on what the hardest wizard goals are for tables? Lyman's Lament on Monster Bash looks to be the most absurd that I've noticed, but there are still a few tables that I haven't gotten that far into.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

I'd say that the Spider Spinner in Scared Stiff is a huge pain-in-the-rear end, mainly for the fact that the scoop is one of the hardest shots to make consistently. And you have to not only activate the scoop via the right ramp every single time you want to try again, you have to make the scoop shot and then hit a spot you haven't hit yet on the spinner. And you have to do that over a dozen times in a single game.

I've gotten the Spider Spinner one. Activating the spider hole is easy of course - it's harder to STOP hitting that drat ramp when you're trying for the hole. I pulled it off by trying to get the awards in sequence - started with whatever and then just worked around the wheel clockwise. Seemed to do better than starting with random awards and then trying to fill in the holes. When I finished it off, I think I had only hit duplicates 4-5 times.

King Vidiot posted:

I mean, 44 shots to the scoop in Monster Bash without draining the ball is much more insane though. Has anybody ever even gotten that legit in a tournament, or would tournament rules lock out Lyman's Lament and/or make the scoop harder to land in?

The only thing I've noticed that may help for Lyman's Lament is that (on PC) if you hold both flippers up as the ball comes out of the scoop, a vast majority of the time the ball will come out, hit the left flipper, bounce and just barely clear the top of the right flipper - coming to a rest on the right flipper. It's then an easy shot to put it back in the scoop. Still. 44 times is just stupid. And at least once the ball didn't clear the top of the right flipper on the bounce and drained down the middle.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
I feel good tonight.

Take that, Attack From Mars video mode!

And a new personal high score as well.

Not that some of you here haven't likely made that score look stupid, but hey. Time to move on to a new table for me.

Edit - 111th all time. I think that's the highest I've gotten on any of the all time leaderboards.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 19, 2013

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Am I really unlucky or is getting the pinball video mode in Theater of Magic rare? Trying to finish off the wizard goals and it's all I have left. Goal is to finish the mode but after a few dozen games I've yet to even see it.

Edit - just watched a YouTube of it. Dumbish question but does nudging work while doing it?

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 6, 2014

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

802.11weed posted:

When you start a game, hold the left flipper button. The first Basement Award will now be Digital Pinball.

That's even mentioned in the in game rules, huh? On my phone and can't check. Can't believe I forgot about that. Gonna knock that dumb goal out pronto when I get home.

Edit - just got home. Got it on the 2nd try. Thanks again. Wizard goals complete. Think I'll move on to Circus Voltaire.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jan 6, 2014

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Rather specific (and likely dumb) question about the FX2 Spiderman table and the Mysterio mode.

Starting it seems easy enough. Hit the captive ball up top, and then hit whichever shot Mysterio hovers over after you hit the captive ball. Repeat 2 (or 3?) times.

Then of course the flippers reverse, and you have to hit 3 shots. I can't for the life of me figure out which 3 are needed, and have read conflicting things online. To make things worse (dumber) I've passed it online but things have happened too fast, of the Goblin balls are active at the same time and I'm never sure which shots have triggered what.

Any help here? Once Mysterio mode is going, which shots are needed to pass it?

Also - I know for a fact Mysterio mode has started seemingly at random for me a few times. Same with Doc Ock. I know the basics of how to start a specific mode, but what are the other ways in which they'll start?

Edit 2 - Perhaps I wrote too soon. Seems the Mysterio shots are the right ramp (The one that starts the Goblin) the Doc Ock hole up top, and the right ramp up top. Can anyone confirm that?

Edit - just found an answer to the random mode start question.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jan 13, 2014

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Starhawk posted:

This is correct.

I just had a game that I thought would never end...

Thanks. Have gotten it more or less sorted. A pretty basic rule set for Spiderman compared to the other FX2 tables I've bothered to learn.

Good Lord though, man. My current high is around 175mill, and that took 30 minutes or so. Did you jack the Jameson's stage to level 200 or something? Otherwise that score's gotta take hours and hours and hours to reach doesn't it?

Regardless. Add me if you would. I love scores that I can never beat. They make me feel better and worse at the same time.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BeatnikFilmstar/
Goes for anyone else in this thread if they're interested.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Starhawk posted:

I got JJ's stage to about level 25, but ya it took hours and hours. Played it over the course of 3 days. At the end I just hit a wall at Goblin level 8 where I couldn't finish it and start any more clone chaos tries.

Well poo poo. I think you inspired me or something.

Do add me though. I shouldn't be the top score on any table.

Starhawk posted:

Just went through and added about 20 people from the Pingoons group, but you're the only one that keeps throwing this error...

edit: here's me... http://steamcommunity.com/id/arsstarhawk

Just got the same thing. Strange.

Edit - friend limit reached. Gonna cull the herd a bit.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 14, 2014

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

I'm sorry, but having the old classic Pinball Arcade "ball phasing through the table" glitch is just too perfect when it happens in The Twilight Zone. It was the first and only table it happened on, too. I just shot the ball at the right ramp and then it took off through the table and slowly rolled away through the back wall.

The camera pulled back and I was left with a broken game and a ball which had just crossed over... into the Twilight Zone.

Played Cirqus Voltaire a bunch recently in order to clear the wizard goals. Probably around half the time I got the cannon thing that you play in the backglass I was launching cannon balls through the top of the machine. Laughed every drat time.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Taking a break from TPA and switching back to FX2 lately. No idea how Gromit and Professor Mark could stand to play long enough to get those scores. The phrase "Cotton Candy Panda" will probably make me snap for the next week after this.

Of course 200+ of that was my first ball which saw me beating the wizard mode, getting both achievements, and collecting an end of ball bonus higher than my previous high score.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Ugly In The Morning posted:

On that note, I'm gonna go have a seizure in the corner over there. Jesus christ that table gets to be overloading after 45 minutes or so.

Congrats. I'd be tempted to go back and try again, as I was having terrible luck with breaking the little glass barrier things. Should have hit the wizard mode multiple times but didn't. The audio just kills me though. Just too repetitive for my liking.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

I'm pretty sure I have Beatnik-Filmstar to thank for my skyrocketing high scores. This is what happens when I have a goal to hit.

On that note, I'm gonna go have a seizure in the corner over there. Jesus christ that table gets to be overloading after 45 minutes or so.

Heh.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

God dammit, Beatnik-Filmstar. I almost had your score on Ms. Splosion man. Almost. 215M on the first ball, with THREE EXTRA BALLS. I had them stacked, like, to the point I popped three shots at the lock in a row to turn off that blinking light. Two wizard modes. A fuckload of multiballs. Enough 10X's to kill a man.

I lost my last ball about 5M short of my high score.

I know your pain. Got it in my head last week that I wanted to go through all the FX2 tables and get into the top 10 on my friends list for each one. Most tables it was no problem. Others took a few games, but still. Not that hard a goal. Now, I'm in the top 10 in all but one. drat "Sorceror's Lair." Not really hard table, but I don't particularly like it. My score is currently 11th, and even then it takes well over an hour to get there. Last attempt took 75 minutes or so - finally got to where the message popped up that I was approaching my high score. Then I passed it. Next message pops up. 8 million or so to pass the next person on the list. That's all I care about. Wham bam drained within a minute of the message popping up and I fell about 5 million short.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Ms. Splosion Man question. Anything you can do when you have the kickback conveyor belt things running but a ball gets stuck part way down the outlane spinning in place against the belt? The belts work well enough if the ball is moving slowly - it will more or less just bounce right off of it. But I lose a heck of a lot of balls that end up stuck in a little spinning limbo half way down the lane.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Which other tables have gimmick kickbacks? I know Wolverine does, because I hate having to make that shot when the ball kicks back. Can't think of any others off the top of my head, but the Avengers one is just a bitch without a gimmick. You have to spell the whole "Trick Arrow" thing before either one turns on. At least the WWH/Dr. Strange ones turn the left one on when you spell one word, and dump the ball on a light after shooting most ramps.

Boba Fett's "WHIP" kickback is pure horseshit.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Welp. Just got 521 million on Splosion, and speaking of the devil - lost my second to last ball during a multiball as I helplessly watched 2 balls endlessly spinning on a conveyor belt. Frustrating as can be.

Edit - 615 million. No more for a while I think.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jan 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The key to racking up points is the Lightning Lamp, always take a x3 Lightning Lamp wish when you've got a lightning lamp active.

For that matter - just take whatever they offer other than collecting the jewels. Seemed counter intuitive to me when someone here first said it, but my high scores immediately shot up. Get a decent ball going and the lightning lamp is a point factory. The occasional "collect end of ball bonus" option can also lead to huge points. Still not that hard to hit the wizard mode while doing this.