Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mmm11105
Apr 27, 2010
What's the general consensus as to the best Niagara(specifically Pelham) ISP. My cable hookup is Cogeco, and TekSavvy can only get me on the 5mbps plan. Currently on Vaxxine's 5mbps Unlimited Plan, but the speed is getting to me. Neither Bell nor Cogeco offer enough bandwidth for me (I use ~100-150GB a month)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmm11105
Apr 27, 2010
I was reading into ikTel. The guys over at DSL reports seems to like them. http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r25932911-ikTel-Networks-Niagara-ISP

Anyone here tried them yet?

mmm11105
Apr 27, 2010
Any one have suggestions for ISP's in Niagara (spec. Fonthill). Currently on a small local DSL provider (Vaxxine), who prices are great but speed and service leave much to be desired.

Can't get teksavvy as I have Cogeco lines, not Rogers.

mmm11105
Apr 27, 2010

EngineerJoe posted:

Can you get Teksavvy 16 or 25 mbps DSL over there?

Nope, the bell equipment around here is so old the max DSL I can get is 6mbps

mmm11105
Apr 27, 2010

justlikedunkirk posted:

Anyone currently with Start Communications? (https://www.start.ca)

I just cancelled my Cogeco internet (FINALLY) to go with these guys, a quick googling shows that people are pretty happy with their service. Same speed, higher cap and $13/month cheaper too so I'm not sure if this is just an awesome deal or too good to be true.

I'm on them. Speed for me is actually way better than advertised (they sold it to me as 16/1, I get about 30/1). Had one issue (ended up being the cable line), and the support was OK, but not great (wanted me to wait 5 DAYS! for them to send out a new modem to try swapping it, luckily I had a backup, after that they were fine)