Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

teethgrinder posted:

I might actually save money for a few months and get vastly faster speeds. Going to switch from Teksavvy DSL to Teksavvy Cable, which thankfully exists where I live. I'll pay a slight premium for the 10 MBPS service and then cancel the home phone.

I'm tempted to keep my DSL for a while because the cap really is unlimited, but I may as well switch over ASAP in case there's a rush.

I spoke to a Teksavvy sales rep a few moments ago, and she told me that they wouldn't have DSL Unlimited anymore, even for current subscribers (which is what I have).

If that comes true, I'll either switch to Teksavvy Cable or a DSL Business account (if they offer unlimited plans).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

Bonzo posted:

So the Teksavvy DSL business rates stay the same?

Hopefully... I forgot to ask, I'm an idiot. She told me they'd have new pricing plans available soon.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

8ender posted:

I run a business out of my house on the side so I'm looking into Teksavvy Business DSL, which is currently uncapped and apparently will only get caps of 300gb in the future. Might be my ticket out. I'll be paying $60 / month for a 6mb connection in 2011. Welcome to the new Canadian internet.

I'm exactly in the same boat. I guess I'll be calling them on Monday. Can you let us know how it turned out for you?

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

Parachute Underwear posted:

Stuff that's come up:

* Why Bell is the only one doing this (UBB) worldwide

Is that actually true? Because if it is... holy gently caress.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

Rawrbomb posted:

Sadness :(

A bit pricey too, IMO.
The 25M package has a 300gb cap, and is $68/month (plus a $99 start-up fee).

I'll stick to unlimited 5M for now.

Scylla fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 1, 2011

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

Sorry... I've tried, but there's no way in hell I'll go through all this bullshit and actually figure out what they actually agreed on. Is there an actual ruling/conclusion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

slidebite posted:

I have only had to interact with Teksavvys customer service a couple of times, but both times they were phenomenal.

Yep, same here. My connection kept dropping, but only for a few seconds at a time. After a couple days I got sick of it, sent a tweet to their Twitter support thingy, 5 minutes later a guy calls, troubleshoots the problem, fixes it, everything good as new. The entire episode lasted less than 20 minutes.