Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«98 »
Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

The most dangerous thing on the battlefield is a junior officer with a compass and a map.

Mad Dragon posted:

LaRue Covert Rifle Case, MkII - $139.95

The modular velcro straps and pouches are a nice touch. I wonder if they will be sold separately.

This is perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

I WANT A PONY TOO

It makes me want to build an AR just to have the case, to be honest.

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE USED TO LIVE HERE...

That picture really sells that product.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

cram potential

I have an $18 baseball bat bag from walmart that's more discrete than that.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

mad.radhu posted:

discrete

It's probably less obtrusive too.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

ABANDONED HOMEWORLD FOR SALE, CHEAP!!!
Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

Glad to see I'm not the only sperglord who cringes when people mix up discreet/discrete.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

cram potential

Trap sprung

In other news I'm a total trendsetter as more people in my detachment are buying SKD PIGs and now I don't look like as much of a gear queer

shoognite
Aug 15, 2008

***Space Bomber Corps***

Is there any company that makes a pouch or carrier for ear protection? I'm looking for something tacticool I can attach to my Eberlestock bag to hold my Sordins

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I just use one of these

http://www.amazon.com/SB1-2PK-01-Si...31666243&sr=8-2

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

US Marine

Had to go pick up all this poo poo today, plus a bunch of snivel gear not shown. Ugh CIF how I hate thee!

Sadly I was not issued a cat scratching pad.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

That's a lot of stuff for airsoft.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004
WALKING ARGUMENT FOR GUN CONTROL

I masturbate to Matthew Bracken books and long to kill black people. Also I leave guns laying around for criminals to steal.

Ceros_X posted:

Had to go pick up all this poo poo today, plus a bunch of snivel gear not shown. Ugh CIF how I hate thee!

They are issuing serpas?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Proč bychom se netěšili když nám Pán Bůh zdraví dá?

sky shark posted:

They are issuing serpas?

It's got an NSN, so I guess it's possible. Poor guy...

http://www.armyproperty.com/nsn/1095-01-533-3014

Edit: yeah they are, but not everyone likes that fact (surprise!)

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/new...olster-092611w/

Edit 2: Can someone explain to me the hate for the old M12 holster? I know the big flap wasn't popular but you can get a thumb break strap to replace it that works very well at keeping an M9 in the thing while making the draw a lot faster. Why is the Serpa better than that?

Scratch Monkey fucked around with this message at Mar 14, 2012 around 19:40

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

US Marine

sky shark posted:

They are issuing serpas?

Yep.

Scratch Monkey posted:

Edit 2: Can someone explain to me the hate for the old M12 holster? I know the big flap wasn't popular but you can get a thumb break strap to replace it that works very well at keeping an M9 in the thing while making the draw a lot faster. Why is the Serpa better than that?

I never liked the big floppy flap. The main reason I heard behind the fielding of the the SERPA was that so many military members were going out and buying their own tactical holsters that the Marine Corps decided they were going to start issuing out their own and they chose the SERPA.

Ceros_X fucked around with this message at Mar 14, 2012 around 19:47

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

cram potential

Recon units still get 6004s for M9s or 1911s.

Also at least you didn't have to get an MTV! (We're supposed to go trade ours in for OITVs soon, plus get the new rucks.)

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

mad.radhu posted:

Also at least you didn't have to get an MTV! (We're supposed to go trade ours in for OITVs soon, plus get the new rucks.)

It doesn't surprise me at all that you guys have the best goddamn rucks in the whole world. If I could get a non-MARPAT one for a good price I would buy the poo poo out of it.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

US Marine

mad.radhu posted:

Pretty sure they save the MTVs for deploying units, once my unit gets done with our dwell time and workups I'm sure they'll give us something else.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

The most dangerous thing on the battlefield is a junior officer with a compass and a map.

Ceros_X posted:

I love coyote brown and I would make everything I own that color if it were physically possible.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Transfer to the marines, doggie

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

commissargribb posted:

I love coyote brown and I would make everything I own that color if it were physically possible.

That's a funny way of spelling OD Green

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Scratch Monkey posted:

Transfer to the marines, doggie

gently caress that, I'm working on transferring to the private sector.

wilfoy posted:

That's a funny way of spelling OD Green

Most of my stuff already is OD green.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

cram potential

Ceros_X posted:

Pretty sure they save the MTVs for deploying units, once my unit gets done with our dwell time and workups I'm sure they'll give us something else.

This is very true, before you deploy you'll (hopefully) get an Eagle Scalable Plate Carrier and go trade in your Interceptor for an MTV that'll sit at the bottom of your sea bag for the whole pump.

On another note apparently i'm getting green frog suits for this MEU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

11B gobble bronies every day

Edit: ^^^^

DrakeriderCa posted:

It doesn't surprise me at all that you guys have the best goddamn rucks in the whole world. If I could get a non-MARPAT one for a good price I would buy the poo poo out of it.

I got one off of Arfcom and just krylon'd the MARPAT parts green. Mainly because otherwise I'd feel like an impostor.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Just claim it's CADPAT and hope they don't notice the EGAs.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010

ELITE PENS FOR AN ELITE GARBAGE MAN

SKILCRAFT
QUALITY BLIND MADE PRODUCTS

If you're going to be using Side SAPIs and you get an Eagle UPC, use the cummerbund off the MTV or get the civilian version of the Eagle cummerbund. The side SAPI carriers for the issued Eagle PC are pretty lousy as far as comfort goes. They attach to the outside using the MOLLE and will sag to the side and dig into your hips and rub you raw. The MTV cummerbund(or civy eagle pc version) has the SAPI carrier integrated withing the cumberbun making it more comfortable to wear and it won't sag.

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at Mar 15, 2012 around 01:40

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

cram potential

Honestly the Arcteryx designed Propper built ILBEs we have right now aren't very popular, mostly because of how low the weight sits and how badly it wears with armor on.

I'll do a many-image post of the new rucks when we get 'em.

elite_garbage_man posted:

If you're going to be using Side SAPIs and you get an Eagle UPC, use the cummerbund off the MTV or get the civilian version of the Eagle cummerbund. The side SAPI carriers for the issued Eagle PC are pretty lousy as far as comfort goes. They attach to the outside using the MOLLE and will sag to the side and dig into your hips and rub you raw. The MTV cummerbund(or civy eagle pc version) has the SAPI carrier integrated withing the cumberbun making it more comfortable to wear and it won't sag.

Oh god yes, put the SPC cummerbund at the bottom of your bag and forget about it, those side SAPI pouches are nonsense

mad.radhu fucked around with this message at Mar 15, 2012 around 01:51

bunnielab
May 19, 2005

I guess my point is that even science is a matter of faith

So after a 5 month wait my Raven holster arrived and I am completely underwhelmed. It doesn't seem any different than any of the random gunshow kydex holsters I have handled and on top of that it isn't really tight. Turned upside down the gun will fall out with the slightest shake.

Am I missing something? I have never had any kydex stuff before and it seems pretty inferior to leather.

I almost think I am going to sell it and the mag holder I bought, there seems to be a demand for them and hopefully I can get my money back from someone who doesn't want a 5 month wait.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

US Marine

bunnielab posted:

So after a 5 month wait my Raven holster arrived and I am completely underwhelmed. It doesn't seem any different than any of the random gunshow kydex holsters I have handled and on top of that it isn't really tight. Turned upside down the gun will fall out with the slightest shake.

Am I missing something? I have never had any kydex stuff before and it seems pretty inferior to leather.

I almost think I am going to sell it and the mag holder I bought, there seems to be a demand for them and hopefully I can get my money back from someone who doesn't want a 5 month wait.

Have you tried actually using it? From what I have read they are supposed to be really comfortable to wear.

bunnielab
May 19, 2005

Ceros_X posted:

Have you tried actually using it? From what I have read they are supposed to be really comfortable to wear.

I got it for games and such, so other then wearing it around the house I have not used it at all. It just feels no different from the ones I looked at at the last big show and if I can sell it and recoupe my money I would rather have a leather holster anyway. The lack of retention is kinda worrying too, I assume it will get looser with use and at that point I would be afraid to run around in it.

LingcodKilla
Dec 28, 2002

BUY MORE CRABS

I just bought a tactical tailor modular holster for my p226. Fits rather tight after adjusting it. It is not a smooth draw by any means compared to a service holster but it does seem to be quite sturdy. I'm not totally sold on the strap being velcro only, but I'm not a HSLD operator. Just a fat kid who wants the option of hanging his totally heavy hand gun on his chest instead of his waist like god intended.

Also got a TT admin pouch and a enhanced admin pouch. I really like the standard pouch for holding my work cards and muscic player. The mag holder stretched out enough for my cell phone to fit snuggly.
The enhanced admin pouch is way way HSLD and I dont have a real use for it but drat its fiddly.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

by Cowcaster

bunnielab posted:

I got it for games and such, so other then wearing it around the house I have not used it at all. It just feels no different from the ones I looked at at the last big show and if I can sell it and recoupe my money I would rather have a leather holster anyway. The lack of retention is kinda worrying too, I assume it will get looser with use and at that point I would be afraid to run around in it.

If it's really that loose, put the gun in and hit it with a hair dryer for a little bit until it snugs up. Don't get it too snug, though, or you'll be impeding your draw.

bunnielab
May 19, 2005

The Automator posted:

If it's really that loose, put the gun in and hit it with a hair dryer for a little bit until it snugs up. Don't get it too snug, though, or you'll be impeding your draw.

So it does sound too loose?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

You are a filth wizard. Friend only to the grumpig and the rattata.

bunnielab posted:

So it does sound too loose?

If it falls out when you turn it upside down I'd say it's probably too loose, but I've never used one. There should be a certain amount of passive retention.

Elwood P. Dowd
Oct 13, 2005

Jimmy Stewart would approve

I just got mine too and I really like it. Better than my safariland ALS.

shoognite
Aug 15, 2008

***Space Bomber Corps***

So after waiting 12 weeks, my Jones Tactical, EDC Cobra belt arrived. Does anyone wear a cobra style riggers belt often? Is there any tricks to quickly getting the belt through all the loops and on? I never thought I'd be asking how to put on a belt? I wear Blackhawk pants everyday, so the loops are just big enough for the buckle and webbing to go through.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

You are a filth wizard. Friend only to the grumpig and the rattata.

shoognite posted:

So after waiting 12 weeks, my Jones Tactical, EDC Cobra belt arrived. Does anyone wear a cobra style riggers belt often? Is there any tricks to quickly getting the belt through all the loops and on? I never thought I'd be asking how to put on a belt? I wear Blackhawk pants everyday, so the loops are just big enough for the buckle and webbing to go through.

If it's anything like the Ares Ranger (its buckle says Cobra on it as well) I start with the male end in my left hand and thread that clockwise through my the belt loops. That way the thicker buckle ends up on the right side and never has to be removed or manhandled through belt loops just to get on.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

Stupid....ignore.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I'm looking for a high quality, durable range bag that can hold 4+ pistols, earmuffs, mags and ammo comortably. Suggestions? Does not need to he HSLD.

Doc_Awesome
Mar 27, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

I'm looking for a high quality, durable range bag that can hold 4+ pistols, earmuffs, mags and ammo comortably. Suggestions? Does not need to he HSLD.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/93...ition-range-bag

I've had this loaded with up to 6 pistols, mags, ammo for each, two sets of earpro, and other small stuff before with no problems. It held up fine but I don't generally pack that much into it but it is possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnielab
May 19, 2005

shoognite posted:

loving vindicated at my inability to figure this out like 4 pages ago.

poo poo is like a advanced super belt.

«98 »