Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Airbone Operation
Dec 22, 2007
Tosser

http://www.specopsbrand.com/Product...sp?ProductID=12

I swear to god this is the best pack I have ever owned. I bought it back in 2005 and it has survived just about every imaginable situation and condition. Just down right rugged as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airbone Operation
Dec 22, 2007
Tosser

If a plain bare bones IBA is a soft skin humvee then the IOTV is an MRAP. It provides increased protection for more weight and less maneuverability.

Airbone Operation
Dec 22, 2007
Tosser

I know some people who love old alice packs for recreational hiking/backwoods camping. I can't imagine one would be all that expensive.

Airbone Operation
Dec 22, 2007
Tosser

Atticus_1354 posted:

You don't want an ALICE for hiking. They really are not that great for any distance. I know from experience. Get an REI brand or Kelty bag if you are on a budget.

I never had any issues with them for rucking. I had a frame break on me on like mile 4 of a 12 mile and that was pretty painful with it stabbing me in the back but in good order it was never too bad.

Airbone Operation
Dec 22, 2007
Tosser

Atticus_1354 posted:

You can make do with them and if it is all you know they are ok. The problem is they don't really have much adjustment. There are much better options for people on a budget.

Yeah now that I think about it my friends are suckers for punishment.