Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

I love mine. So much less faff every month. It's so nice to just empty it in the morning, and before bed. I haven't had any trouble with emptying it in public as I've only done it once. I just took some wet paper towels into the cubicle, gave it a wipe down and then binned them.

I'd really recommend it to anyone. I never have to change a tampon at someone's house only to find that they haven't got a bin ever again!

Edit - I completely cut the stem off mine. I just didn't see the point of it. I squeeze the base and it just slides out. also, now it stands up by itself.

LizzieBorden fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Nov 14, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

The leaflet with mine said 10 years if you care for it properly. However it hasn't been making them that long so it's conjecture at this point. A good long while though.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

Sauterne posted:

Thanks! That's so amazingly cost efficient compared to tampons, I'm really excited about this purchase now!

You won't regret it, I promise. I hestitate to call anything I jam up my snatch life changing, but it really is. Also, it pays for itself within the year. It may take you a couple of goes to get the hang of, and if it hurts when you try to remove it, you aren't pinching the bottom of it hard enough.

Good luck!

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

Squeeze the end much harder than you think you need to then slowly pull. It'll just slide right out.
Pulling without squeezing makes you feel like you're turning inside out.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

tripwood posted:

Hello all, my girlfriend has been using a Diva cup for two years now and it's always been effective. But since about three months, she has started to have some small leaks. She says she's always taken good care of it, she hasn't changed her activities and her flow is about the same as usual. She's wondering what she should do about it or if it has happened to any of you before. She says she's been told it should be good for at most ten years. Is it time for her to get a new cup? Thanks!

Ask her to check the tiny holes just under the rim and gently poke a pin through them, and then try again. Hopefully that'll sort it.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

I cut the stem off mine completely with a pair of scissors.
How does the ring work? I have to sqeeze my cup to remove it, otherwise it pulls on my cervix and hurts like a bitch. Surely you don't just yank on the ring and pull it out?

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

evelynevvie posted:

The cup is completely popping open when I try to insert it. I don't seem to be able to hang on to it and get it in very deep. I am inserting it at an angle. It's just hard to keep it folded while I insert. It's like it wants to be OPEN. All the times I've gotten it in, it's had a good seal. It's just not very deep inside, i.e. I can still feel it in there and it sometimes hurts a little. Trying to push or wiggle it in further once it's open doesn't work because it seals very well and won't move once its open.

I'll keep trying. With this depo shot I'm apparently not going to stop bleeding any time soon so I'll have plenty of oppurtunities to try. I guess I just need to keep trying. I can tell how well it will work once I get inserting it down.

Is there any chance you could take a picture of you holding it folded?
It's not the easiest thing to describe.

I know that when I insert mine, I give it an extra shove with my thumb to get it higher up. I promise not to post pictures of that.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

evelynevvie posted:

:siren:I got it in!:siren: I'm a little crampy but it's decreasing, no leaks so far. Feeling pretty :c00l: to finally have beaten this thing.

Go you! Now just keep practicing, it's like putting in contact lenses, once you get the hang of it, it's pretty much a matter of seconds.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

It's spookily soft, I've just swapped to the soft version, no leaks at all, but I still don't quite trust it, just because of the massive difference in stiffness between the two. Also, the first time you remove it, you will accidentally squeeze too hard and re-enact the prom scene from Carrie all over your hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

luscious posted:

I'm pretty sure that I can have sex with my small MeLuna! Yay! Now getting it out...

This is not the great idea that you think it is. I promise you this.

• Locked thread