Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
melaneyelia
Apr 4, 2006

put on your adventure helmet, it's time for an adventure!
I have the Keeper (the ugly brown one on the right in the pic above) and it's pretty cool. Every now and then at the very beginning of my period I'll still get a very small cramp for an hour or so, but that has a little to do with my IUD.

I have to say that mine leaks a little if I'm not emptying it every couple hours for the first couple days of my period. I've taken to wearing pantyliners (I can't wait to get some reusable cloth pads and liners) all the time, because I spot a lot and if I try to use the Keeper as long as I'm spotting, I have it in for half a month.

I trimmed the nib at the end of the cup to about 1/2 inch, and that makes a huge difference in comfort level. Because of the suction on the cervix, I find that sex is more comfortable if the cup has been removed for at least a couple hours prior to intercourse.

I wish I had bought a Moon Cup instead, because then I could boil it to clean it off, but instead I just soak it in 50/50 vinegar & water for half an hour at the beginning and end of each cycle, and that makes a much bigger difference in getting it clean than just soap and water.

Best part? $30 for a piece of rubber that will last like 10 years? Awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

melaneyelia
Apr 4, 2006

Hip Hoptimus Prime posted:

No, you can't, but there is a brand of cups (?) called Instead Softcups that can be left in during sex. I haven't tried them however. The web site says that it allows for less messy sex?

I've used those and they're pretty great for when you're at the end of your period and horny but there's just a little too much blood for the guy to be completely comfortable with it.

They're also good if you know you'll be somewhere where you can't rinse out your cup for a couple days or so.

melaneyelia
Apr 4, 2006

I have Mirena and other than some very slight cramping at the beginning of my period when I put my Keeper in that just feels like gas, it's not a problem. My gyno cut the strings too short because I mentioned that I use a cup, and so sometimes I can't feel the strings when they hide in my cervix, or they poke my boyfriend.

• Locked thread