Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsvi
Jul 13, 2006

Oy Vey
Just finished this morning.

Overall, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

While I can see how many people can comment on the sex scenes, I wasn't really bothered. Having read Song of Ice and Fire and Sword of Truth, I can't really say there's much wrong with these for the genre. They weren't overly gratuitous. Its pretty standard to have character's in the genre moon over another character, or bang random harlots.

That said, I was surprised where it left off. From what he said at the beginning of the first book, the overall life accomplishments... the time-line of the character, I just thought it'd be more progressed.

If the innkeeper is 30ish (how I thought of him, and I think he was described), and he's 17 at the end of the book 2, been in the inn for a few years... will book three cover almost 10 years, that's roughly the duration of book 1 and 2. Will we also see any progression once the story is over...or will he just finish the telling his story and the series ends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsvi
Jul 13, 2006

Oy Vey
But if we look at his time in Tarbean and the University, that's 5 years tops? Still gives us the duration of the first two books for book 3.

• Locked thread