Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

http://www.datpiff.com/Lil-B-The-BasedGod-Bitch-Mob-Respect-Da-Bitch-Vol1-mixtape.230808.html

THIS VERY VERY RARE CLASSIC MIXTAPE FROM LIL B COLLECT THIS!!! TRUE FANS OF HIP HOP!!!!!!

(Bitch Mob mixtape is out earlier I suppose)

Beautiful :allears: Thank you based god. Such #RARE, #BASED, #CLASSIC music.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 06:51 on May 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles
I've listened to every single song linked in this thread, including "I'm God", trying to give him a chance. I can honestly say that this guy sucks. Is everyone posting in this thread serious or is this just another ironic "let's like this trash guy because he's unconventional and has tongue in cheek corny mixtape covers" kind of thing?

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Toymachine posted:

I've listened to every single song linked in this thread, including "I'm God", trying to give him a chance. I can honestly say that this guy sucks. Is everyone posting in this thread serious or is this just another ironic "let's like this trash guy because he's unconventional and has tongue in cheek corny mixtape covers" kind of thing?

Wow, a unique and interesting viewpoint you have there! Haven't seen this since page 3 or so!

And if you really think everything he's done is trash you probably have bad taste, hth

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

alansmithee posted:

Wow, a unique and interesting viewpoint you have there! Haven't seen this since page 3 or so!

And if you really think everything he's done is trash you probably have bad taste, hth

Right, coming from the guy who hated on all southern rap in the hip hop thread a while back.

Bigdee4933
Jun 15, 2006
Bigdee4933

Bitch Mob vol 1 dropped today.

http://www.datpiff.com/Lil-B-The-BasedGod-Bitch-Mob-Respect-Da-Bitch-Vol1-mixtape.230808.html

Lil B " Bill Bellamy " Lyrics
http://youtu.be/oNQYF8-q1qU

edit: wow on the same page. gently caress

Bigdee4933 fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 16, 2011

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Toymachine posted:

Lil B does avant-pop rap. Although it's often with a comical bent, it's not ironic. The frequent lack of rhyming is a deliberate stylistic choice that puts emphasis on other aspects of his flow. His lyrical content is also extremely complex from a conceptual standpoint, in a way that's comparable to what Lady Gaga does with pop tropes.

Lil B is not who you should look to for lush production and technical prowess. If it helps, consider it satirical.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Lil B does avant-pop rap. Although it's often with a comical bent, it's not ironic. The frequent lack of rhyming is a deliberate stylistic choice that puts emphasis on other aspects of his flow. His lyrical content is also extremely complex from a conceptual standpoint, in a way that's comparable to what Lady Gaga does with pop tropes.

You really think Lil B considered all this and this was truly the motivation for his music? "Ah yes, I will release another 100 mediocre songs today...all deliberately because no one understands me and I'm so complex!"

Also I would disagree with his lyrical content being extremely complex as you so put it. I think you guys are over analyzing his music a bit.

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.

Toymachine posted:

...all deliberately because no one understands me and I'm so complex!"

There are exactly 32 levels to the complexity of his music.

powerful drum sound
Mar 18, 2009
Oh my god there's a hosed up second-line brass song on this tape https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5a8RkAPuFA

Chade Johnson
Oct 12, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Toymachine posted:

You really think Lil B considered all this and this was truly the motivation for his music? "Ah yes, I will release another 100 mediocre songs today...all deliberately because no one understands me and I'm so complex!"

Also I would disagree with his lyrical content being extremely complex as you so put it. I think you guys are over analyzing his music a bit.

Lil B has an ear for music. There's a reason he's been co-signed by people like Cormega, Jean Grae, and Tony Yayo, among others. But yeah I made this thread ironically because I don't have a life.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Toymachine posted:

That its complex doesn't make it difficult to understand, and the complexity itself is not the virtue. People obviously understand him, hence the huge and mostly sincere cult following.

"Less words! Less trying to put words on something. Why do we have to put words on something? Why can’t it just be what it is?"

That's a big chunk of the philosophy. While he sings about bitches and whatnot, he also complicates what a "bitch" is by using it in a gender-neutral and non-pejorative manner. That's a deceptively huge thing, considering the reaction it's gotten. A similar concept covers his "I'm Paris Hilton" songs, because it obviously divorces the name from the person and reduces them to abstract concept of fame. Turning "Miley Cyrus" into an adjective loosely interchangeable with "Mel Gibson" is both simple in execution and fascinating when considered.

"My music is like this: two plus two equals what? You already know the answer, right? Two plus two equals four. I'm the type of rapper that just says "two plus two", and lets you find out the answer."

Then there's his Rain In England ambient, stream-of-consciousness rap that borders on spoken word. The raw, free-associative expression is why fans really like his work.

I don't think you actually believe that Lil B is stupid, but you're being extremely vague about what you do believe. Besides saying Lil B is 'mediocre' (at doing what?), you haven't voiced an opinion.

SuperMechagodzilla fucked around with this message at 07:42 on May 17, 2011

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

While I didn't think Lil B was stupid as a person, after reading that article you linked me to I might have to change my mind. He's either extremely blazed out of his mind or just pretentious as gently caress. Maybe the real genius of Lil B comes from the fact that he's perfectly trolling his fan base while getting famous doing it.

I've heard of Lil B before without listening to his music. From what I've heard about him I figured he's somewhat of an internet meme at this point but I saw this thread and listened to his stuff objectively (well, not exactly because I know what I like from my hip hop but I tried being open minded). But this is what I took from his music. He's not very lyrical, he has a very poor flow, his beats aren't very memorable, and some of his lyrical content is just...ludicrous and forced. Don't get me wrong. Not all hip hop has to be deep and about changing the world. I listened to some stuff off Rain in England and it's not bad at all but it's not worth raving over in my personal opinion.

A lot of stuff he does like all the references he makes to God to calling himself a bitch is done for attention and trying to stand out. Right now hip-hop seems to be filled with a bunch of people who think they can make it and unless you stand out in some way you will not get noticed. Lil B isn't strong enough musically so it seems like he has to use a gimmick. He's not on some other plane too difficult for his "haters" to understand. I feel a lot of his fans over think and try to legitimize all the bullshit, ridiculous poo poo he does. You enjoy his music, fine, but using "He makes terrible songs on purpose because he's that genius..." as an argument...c'mon.

Chade Johnson posted:

Lil B has an ear for music. There's a reason he's been co-signed by people like Cormega, Jean Grae, and Tony Yayo, among others. But yeah I made this thread ironically because I don't have a life.

Cool, man. Quit getting so defensive, Lil B won't smite you. Everyone who can potentially make a buck gets signed nowdays. Tony Yayo though? Really? I'm impressed. You think Jay Electronica became good the day Jay Z signed him to Roc Nation?

Toymachine fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 17, 2011

Chade Johnson
Oct 12, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Toymachine posted:

While I didn't think Lil B was stupid as a person, after reading that article you linked me to I might have to change my mind. He's either extremely blazed out of his mind or just pretentious as gently caress. Maybe the real genius of Lil B comes from the fact that he's perfectly trolling his fan base while getting famous doing it.

I've heard of Lil B before without listening to his music. From what I've heard about him I figured he's somewhat of an internet meme at this point but I saw this thread and listened to his stuff objectively (well, not exactly because I know what I like from my hip hop but I tried being open minded). But this is what I took from his music. He's not very lyrical, he has a very poor flow, his beats aren't very memorable, and some of his lyrical content is just...ludicrous and forced. Don't get me wrong. Not all hip hop has to be deep and about changing the world. I listened to some stuff off Rain in England and it's not bad at all but it's not worth raving over in my personal opinion.

A lot of stuff he does like all the references he makes to God to calling himself a bitch is done for attention and trying to stand out. Right now hip-hop seems to be filled with a bunch of people who think they can make it and unless you stand out in some way you will not get noticed. Lil B isn't strong enough musically so it seems like he has to use a gimmick. He's not on some other plane too difficult for his "haters" to understand. I feel a lot of his fans over think and try to legitimize all the bullshit, ridiculous poo poo he does. You enjoy his music, fine, but using "He makes terrible songs on purpose because he's that genius..." as an argument...c'mon.

Cool, man. Quit getting so defensive, Lil B won't smite you. Everyone who can potentially make a buck gets signed nowdays. Tony Yayo though? Really? I'm impressed. You think Jay Electronica became good the day Jay Z signed him to Roc Nation?

You're the one posting paragraphs about a rapper you don't like rather than just ignoring him. What does Jay Electronica have to do with anything? If you don't "get" Lil B then maybe you should "get" to another thread about Black Milk or something.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Loving Shake Ya Booty, 5150, Were U From Throw It Up, and Back of ya Neck.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Lil B is sick as f and if you don't get it you're probably just not very based

warzero.
Jan 4, 2007

Ooooh WEE, That's how I sound, so C'MON ERR-BODY LET'S ALL GET DOWN.
love me some lil' b, man.

jsun
Jun 23, 2004

I've brought you some cake and wine

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

Lil B is sick as f and if you don't get it you're probably just not very based

So true. Once you're based all his songs are slaps.

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to
Goin to see Lil B tonight in Cleveland pretty pumped I'll upload some pics when I'm back

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

Toymachine posted:

But this is what I took from his music. He's not very lyrical, he has a very poor flow, his beats aren't very memorable, and some of his lyrical content is just...ludicrous and forced. Don't get me wrong. Not all hip hop has to be deep and about changing the world.
Lil B doesn't need to rap about changing the world. He is changing the world.

lil sartre
Feb 12, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Haledjian posted:

Lil B doesn't need to rap about changing the world. He is changing the world.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/Music/05/24/lil.b.album/index.html?hpt=hp_p1

jsun
Jun 23, 2004

I've brought you some cake and wine
"I'm going to say, who is Rhymefest? So he needs to work on promoting and marketing himself, because I don't know him." :lol: :roflolmao:

Lil B interviews are the best.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
I love Lil B's facebook page and the messages he posts there. Just now he posted "PLEASE PAY ATTENTION WOMEN AND MEN! BUT WOMEN DEFINITELY THERE ARE SOME MEN WITH HIV AND OTHER STDS THAT WONT TELL U GET CHECKED UP - Lil B", yesterday it was "WAUSP FAMIYL WAT YALL DOING I BEEEN ONLINE ALLL DAY - Lil B".

I wonder what words of wisdom he will post tomorrow . :allears:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Charlie Mopps posted:

I love Lil B's facebook page and the messages he posts there. Just now he posted "PLEASE PAY ATTENTION WOMEN AND MEN! BUT WOMEN DEFINITELY THERE ARE SOME MEN WITH HIV AND OTHER STDS THAT WONT TELL U GET CHECKED UP - Lil B", yesterday it was "WAUSP FAMIYL WAT YALL DOING I BEEEN ONLINE ALLL DAY - Lil B".

I wonder what words of wisdom he will post tomorrow . :allears:

He does the same exact thing on Twitter, it's beautiful, inspiring, rare, and classic. :allears:

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Skeezy posted:

He does the same exact thing on Twitter, it's beautiful, inspiring, rare, and classic. :allears:

Why did this old guy go out of his way to call the police on me becuase I parked in front of a fire hydrant fr 1 second for sanwich - Lil B

warzero.
Jan 4, 2007

Ooooh WEE, That's how I sound, so C'MON ERR-BODY LET'S ALL GET DOWN.

NeuroticErotica posted:

Why did this old guy go out of his way to call the police on me becuase I parked in front of a fire hydrant fr 1 second for sanwich - Lil B

BAHAHAH i laughed my rear end off when i seen that on his twitter.

anyway, anyone get the chopped and screwed version of bitchmob? anotha rare classic. lil' b can do no wrong. also, i just got keyboard kid's "based in the rain" and it has some intrumentals i've been looking for FOREVER like "lone warrior" and "walk the world", so stoked.

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
I've been listening to his Alusionsa Graaaanger mixtape, it's probably one of the best things he's done. I've only heard like 5 of his mixtapes though.

I'd like to know what the sample on the Illusions of Grandeur song is.

edit - nm found it, it's an Imogen Heap song. I'll try not to like it less now

Final Fart Buttball fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 1, 2011

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Final Fart Buttball posted:

edit - nm found it, it's an Imogen Heap song. I'll try not to like it less now

He has like 100 songs that go off of one Imogen Heap song.

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home
Whats the take on Lil' B's videographer Kreashawn's new track?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnoXZosDQFg&feature=player_embedded#at=21

Thrust On Moore
Jul 13, 2010

She keeps coming closer,
Saying "I can feel it in my bones.
Schizophrenia,
Is taking me home."
I. I find myself enjoying this a strange amount. I'm not sure if I should be, but goddamn if white chicks rapping isn't the best thing.

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home

Thrust On Moore posted:

I. I find myself enjoying this a strange amount. I'm not sure if I should be, but goddamn if white chicks rapping isn't the best thing.

Every other track she's made is total poo poo, like some mousey girl trying to be lil b and failing miserably, but I loving LOVE that track right there.

She's also done a ton of solid videos for other artists. I know she's been seen running with Odd Future, Solja boi or whatever, and a few dozen others.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
I guess this was just a matter of time:

http://exclaim.ca/News/lil_b_lil_wayne_collaborating_on_new_track

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/06/album-cover-lil-b-im-gay

I'm Gay album art revealed. Parenthetical of "(I'm Happy)" on it.

stirrups
Jun 16, 2011

dailydares posted:

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/06/album-cover-lil-b-im-gay

I'm Gay album art revealed. Parenthetical of "(I'm Happy)" on it.

Kinda wished the parenthetical wasn't on it.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

What a visionary. (I'm joking)

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

stirrups posted:

Kinda wished the parenthetical wasn't on it.

Yeah, or the fact that it takes from Marvin Gaye's I Want You

I get the fact that he's making a "gay"/"gaye" pun.

Though, to be honest, it totally makes sense for Lil B to make sure that people get the statement.

Chade Johnson
Oct 12, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

What a visionary. (I'm joking)

Do you not get Lil B or what? He is the savior of Hip Hop and you should be thanking him. Lil Wayne is lucky to be on a song with the Based God.

Take it Sleazy
Sep 7, 2004

i thought you weren't allowed to make threads
really the Marvin Gaye homage also just seems like another way of removing the potency (that was possibly never there) from the gesture, almost like a retroactive, kind of defensive revision of what he originally said. Now it can be read as “I’m happy” and”I’m Gay(e)” before it’s read as “I’m gay”, so really, what’s the point?

ZetsurinPower
Dec 14, 2003

I looooove leftovers!
after the first few listens, i thought it was like a newschool Pimp Daddy Welfare. But after reading the whole thread and getting lost in all this i dont know what to think anymore. thank you based god?

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man
I'm gay just came out on iTunes. It's great.

"I live in a computer."

Actually, the best part may by "I Hate Myself" sampling Goo Goo Dolls's Iris. Gon Be Okay is really based, had to rewind it.

a milk crime fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'm Gay owns owns owns.

• Locked thread