Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I tried to explain Lil B as a new version of Ol' Dirty Bastard. He just speaks from the heart and has his own voice that people have latched on to. People know the real thing when they hear it and he is an original.

I think if he is independent and has Koch as a distributor (think I heard that) he makes a larger share per album sold than other people. I used to know stuff like this, so help me if I'm wrong. But he stands to make roughly $5-10 per record whereas the average artist makes $1 or less per record from a major. Cam'ron and Jim Jones talked about this back when him and 50 were beefing. A Koch artist might sell 50,000 records but make more than an artist selling a gold as long as they front their own money in production. I'm probably undershooting his numbers. Plus, just from listening to strippers and comedians, if he is touring 40 weeks/year, he is easily making 6 figures. Which is huge considering he is a solo act and is supporting himself plus travel arrangements with no huge stage show to support. I wish I had saved all the stuff I read back in 2009 about this.

temple fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jan 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I think Lil' B's tumblr is the new Lil' B's twitter

http://diorpaint.tumblr.com/

This is one entry:

quote:

"WHO HAS BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO SEE A QUEEN ANT IN REAL LIFE? ITS PROB DISGUSTING AND I DONT WANNA SEE IT BUT MAN THESE ANTS ARE SO SMART, THEY HAVE GOTTEN TO PLACES AND THEY SEND OUT MEMBERS TO GO CHECK OUT ANYTHING LEFT OUT I PUNISHED A FEW ANTS AND LEFT THERE BODIES FOR THE OTHERS TO SEE, IT DIDNT STOP THE ANTS AND REALLY MADE THEM MORE MAD EVERYTHING, MY BED TOILET, EVEN THE TOP PLACES I HIDE STUFF THE ANTS WERE, AND TO TOP IT OFF THEY WERE HIDDIN IN THE CARPET I WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED ON THE BATTLE - Lil B"

Baron Patsy
Apr 9, 2006

I'M SPECIAL DAMMIT
fwiw he apparently hasn't made his first million yet cuz he's still rocking those same vans in his latest video so lil b ain't quite a lowkey millionaire or anything

edit: explanation cuz i realized that probably doesn't make any sense unless you're a huge weirdo lil b fan -- he has said (on his twitter, in interviews, in songs) many times that he's gonna wear that same pair of filthy falling apart vans until he makes his first million. then, and only then, he'll get new ones.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Boywhiz88 posted:

I think Lil' B's tumblr is the new Lil' B's twitter

http://diorpaint.tumblr.com/

I like this one

quote:

"IM DOWN WITH OBAMA CUZ IT REALLY CANT BE A RACE THING FOR ME CUZ LIKE THE HERMAN CAINE DUDE THATS RUNNING I REALLY DONT CONNECT WITH HIM NOR ANYONE ELSE RUNNING I REALLY DONT WANNA SPEAK ON GOVERMENT STUFF CUZ THATS HOW U GET TAKEN OUT BUT YEA - Lil B"

Baron Patsy posted:

fwiw he apparently hasn't made his first million yet cuz he's still rocking those same vans in his latest video so lil b ain't quite a lowkey millionaire or anything

edit: explanation cuz i realized that probably doesn't make any sense unless you're a huge weirdo lil b fan -- he has said (on his twitter, in interviews, in songs) many times that he's gonna wear that same pair of filthy falling apart vans until he makes his first million. then, and only then, he'll get new ones.

The LEGENDARY $40,000 Vans.

There is no explanation as why they are $40,000.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Hey y'all White Flame is out get it here: http://www.datpiff.com/Lil-B-The-BasedGod-White-Flame-mixtape.310339.html

This is really good, TYBG

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Bonus posted:

Hey y'all White Flame is out get it here: http://www.datpiff.com/Lil-B-The-BasedGod-White-Flame-mixtape.310339.html

This is really good, TYBG

I agree. Also, Poppin' V is not what I thought it'd be about.

"The pretty bitch off them grandpa pills"

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

I haven't listened to 'tank of propaine' yet but I bet its a game diss track, since the titular object is what game threatened to handcuff basedgod to

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Oh my god Lil B + Dilbert 3. Listen to In Down Bad, holy poo poo.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

My favorite tracks on the new mixtape would have to be Im Down 4 Hire and Les Misrabel, both of which were produced by Lil B. The beats are really good and the delivery is very real and emotional, really good stuff. Also Surrender To Me is great.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zJa6FB5crk

best video in a long time

jsun
Jun 23, 2004

I've brought you some cake and wine
No doubt, listened to that and was like :stare: .

edit: I'm stupid for not realizing this is a response to david banner's song "Swag" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkqDoXwrPEg

jsun fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Feb 6, 2012

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
That kinda looks like the Skate Park in Potrero Hill in San Francisco?

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Turns out its a park in Walnut Creek

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zJa6FB5crk

best video in a long time

God drat based god lookin hella clean.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

I played PRIMETIME COOKOUT for the Super Bowl party and it did not go over well.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

NeuroticErotica posted:

I played PRIMETIME COOKOUT for the Super Bowl party and it did not go over well.
People are free to not be based. Haters won't get to that 36th level though.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.
In case you've been waiting for a computer generated Lil B music video in which he is a reprogrammed ninja robot with two katanas made by some dudes who make Tom Clancy video games, here it is.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

jsun posted:

edit: I'm stupid for not realizing this is a response to david banner's song "Swag" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkqDoXwrPEg
You aren't stupid, you just listen to relevant rappers.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

NeuroticErotica posted:

if you and your friends don't take over every sound system at parties with lil b then you're missing out

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I used to hate this guy and thought he was a joke. Turns out he just may be, and that's why I now love him. Like most, "I'm God" sold me but songs like "We Can Go Down" tells me he could market himself if he wanted, and "T-Shirt & Buddens" showed me he can flow when he gives a poo poo. I wish mainstream media would go back to supporting original, daring artists like this. TYBG for the Internet.

With that out of the way?...
How can I get White Flame and Rain In England?

Coal
Jan 15, 2008
I overcompensate for my tiny penis by stealing games worth less than a cheeseburger on a phone worth 400 cheeseburgers.

John Brown posted:

I used to hate this guy and thought he was a joke. Turns out he just may be, and that's why I now love him. Like most, "I'm God" sold me but songs like "We Can Go Down" tells me he could market himself if he wanted, and "T-Shirt & Buddens" showed me he can flow when he gives a poo poo. I wish mainstream media would go back to supporting original, daring artists like this. TYBG for the Internet.

With that out of the way?...
How can I get White Flame and Rain In England?

If you go on datpiff.com you can find a ton of BasedGod mixtapes.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS
Rain in England is on iTunes. So is 6 Kiss and I'm Gay.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Don't know if the links are still around but he gave away I'm Gay and Rain in England for free. Most of this other stuff is on datpiff though.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

alansmithee posted:

Don't know if the links are still around but he gave away I'm Gay and Rain in England for free. Most of this other stuff is on datpiff though.

Rain in England for sure is on datpiff. He also has given away I'm Thraxx as well.

reichsten
Jan 13, 2010
real bosses get Rain in England on vinyl though, for the giant fold-out poster of the Based God

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

I just can't get over the fact that he named it "Rain in England." That phrase (and image) conjures very intimate emotions for me and I think the basedgod shares them.

edit: I guess its probably not the same if you actually live in "england"

the black husserl fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 18, 2012

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

JohnnyMondo posted:

real bosses get Rain in England on vinyl though, for the giant fold-out poster of the Based God

Holy loving poo poo, I had no idea that existed, thank you based god (and johnnymondo)

reichsten
Jan 13, 2010

Crunk Abortion posted:

Holy loving poo poo, I had no idea that existed, thank you based god (and johnnymondo)

It's not actually that giant, but considering how larger-than-life the Based God is, a single-fold poster is probably all us mere mortals could handle

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

JohnnyMondo posted:

It's not actually that giant, but considering how larger-than-life the Based God is, a single-fold poster is probably all us mere mortals could handle
Honestly, having some based freestyles to play in my phonograph is its own reward, but I'm curious, how big is that poster? And is it the cover art, or...? I couldnt find details googling.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Holy poo poo this new track is awesome. Holy poo poo ... piss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wiai38DLS0

Mike Cartwright
Oct 29, 2011

state of the art
Loving what we've seen from God's Father so far. Could be Based God's best output since White Flame.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
What do you think the best Lil B mixtape is?

For me, it's still I'm Thraxx. DOR is the hardest song ever, Go To Dumb is an amazing dada 80s throwback, Rawest Rapper Alive and I'm on my Grind make me so happy, Respect My Mind has the best beat

close runners up are Angels Exodus and White Flame

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Blue Flame is my favorite. It's the only mixtape I've heard where the drops actually made it better.

"drat Son, Where'd you find this?"

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
6 kiss I think is my favorite, it's got I'm God for one, and it's really a pretty laid back mixtape. I will still throw Evil Red Flame on for a fun rear end time.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

6kiss has Pretty Bitch, the hardest banger of the decade. "u trippin bitch"

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

Harminoff posted:

Blue Flame is my favorite. It's the only mixtape I've heard where the drops actually made it better.

"drat Son, Where'd you find this?"

I love Based Bible. with the drops and the weird muffled quality of Lil B's voice it's really hypnotizing.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

the black husserl posted:

6kiss has Pretty Bitch, the hardest banger of the decade. "u trippin bitch"

I'm not saying it doesn't have it's bangers, but the first 5 or 6 songs it's all chilled out poo poo.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Blue Flame has such a variety of songs and styles on it. You get Paris Hilton and Mel Gibson, but you also get stuff like Cold War and Free Lil Wayne. God drat Based God.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I will definitely agree that Blue Flame is bomb. I love BasedGod http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAAU92s7imM

"Goddamn, I'm hot. Niggas, mad. Bitches, not"

That poo poo just gets me too hype.

I reaaaally like both the Bitch Mob tapes though. I can go dumb to them. Goldhouse had crazy rotation during January for me. I think we can all appreciate how well he can transition from dropping Bitch Mob Vol. 1 to Illusions of Grandeur, Goldhouse to White Flame to God's Father. What a range of sounds and attitudes. Thanks, Based God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Boywhiz88 posted:

I will definitely agree that Blue Flame is bomb. I love BasedGod http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAAU92s7imM

"Goddamn, I'm hot. Niggas, mad. Bitches, not"

Ha I love the hook on that song. I mean how do you make a diss song, and then have the hook be "ya that bitch suck your dick nigga"

Or am I just completely missing something?

• Locked thread