Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Do any songs on Im Gay go hard - i dont like basedgod's ambient work so much

cf. this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90oxWysx8WU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

NeuroticErotica posted:

For some reason he's been really restrained in the last couple of months. Like it used to be he'd get on Twitter and like go out into the woods and look at bugs and tell us what he saw or he'd just say the craziest stuff, but about six months ago he cut all that off and doesn't talk about what's going on, it's just general positivity messages and links to videos/mixtapes, etc.

He started making money and nothing lasts forever, its really obv. that something has changed.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Lil B kinda hasn't turned his hype into something real but "pretty bitch" is a great rap song.

Also vans is top 20 songs ever and he has the first verse on that, so props.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

I wonder if he is just satisfied getting paid 20k for shows and having a million adoring fans.

Ok now that I typed that out I think the joke is on our conceptions of "blowing up" :psyduck:

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Boywhiz88 posted:

B is putting out a mixtape close to every month, shooting low budget videos for a ton of his songs and making himself very accessible to his fans. I would not be surprised if overall, he was pulling in a lot more cash than we think. He gave away his last "album" for free if people didn't wanna pay!

In the words of basedgod himself

"I made 900 songs
and they easy to find
i freestyled all of them
i make classics
nigga realest alive"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE5DNFNB7jM&feature=related

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

I haven't listened to 'tank of propaine' yet but I bet its a game diss track, since the titular object is what game threatened to handcuff basedgod to

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

I just can't get over the fact that he named it "Rain in England." That phrase (and image) conjures very intimate emotions for me and I think the basedgod shares them.

edit: I guess its probably not the same if you actually live in "england"

the black husserl fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 18, 2012

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

6kiss has Pretty Bitch, the hardest banger of the decade. "u trippin bitch"

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Harminoff posted:

He also does some very weird things, like with this new video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSRXXY-cbeg

Censored without explanation as to why. It's just goofy.

Its because it's part of his hyphy street music singles (cf. "show me sum) and its censored cause its going to be on a million radios everywhere, esp. stockton.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

thunderthief posted:

poo poo Lil B did that track with Tony Yayo who knows who he has connects with

Let us not forget that his incredible feature on "Grove Street Party"

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Title tracks is so slappy, "i look like ted bundy/i hate all killers"

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

The whole thing is like a James Ferraro project, but with none of the crushing cynicism and pessimism. So it's better.

I think you mean "sounds like an unironic Far Side Virtual 2" because this is not what James Ferraro sounds like dude.

That said if you loved FSV then come get this poo poo!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Why doesn't Lil B get 6kiss to produce for him anymore? He's never made a better song than "Pretty Bitch" and that was years ago now.

• Locked thread